Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157370 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4250 on: October 25, 2019, 04:57:56 AM »
This could be set up to just bring Cloak and Dagger over to The Runaways seems like a good idea.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: November 01, 2019, 06:23:40 PM »
I was just coming in to post that.
With the addition of Peyton Reed to be only the 3rd director in the MCU so far too have the privilege of completing a trilogy.
The first of which to not either be fired or have their title character removed from the MCU at some point in the process of approving the 3rd movie. Lol

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: November 07, 2019, 11:32:33 PM »
According to this super long article, Hawkeye was apparently supposed to originally be a movie (Like Black Widows).
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-11-07/inside-disney-bob-iger-on-star-wars-pixar-and-more

Feige wanted to stretch it out in to a series instead, and was nervous about how Renner would take the news.

Feige also stated that the Loki series is also gonna tie into Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness.

Feige: "If you're into the MCU, you're gonna need a D+ subscription"
Me: I already pre-purchased 3 years of it... I'm ready.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:13:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4254 on: November 08, 2019, 04:30:55 AM »
Disney made such a smart purchase with buying Marvel, and as long as the stories are good then Disney+ is in good hands.  I am not sold on Phase 4 movies, except for a few, but I am definitely sold on Disney+ Marvel stuff. 

I really think they are going to do something special over there.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:58 PM »
OMG what have we got here!!!?

and supposedly this....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:40:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: November 12, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »
There are a few deleted scenes from Endgame on Disney+ too, including Tony meeting grown-up Morgan after he snaps, the Vormir fight with Clint and Natasha, an extended pre-Thanos-fight planning scene with the good guys and stuff. Also there are pics of Falcon from the new series and Baron Zemo with his purple mask. Good stuff!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: November 12, 2019, 11:42:13 PM »
i updated the missing pics from above.

I didn't want to go overboard with all the deleted scenes too.
I still need to watch "Expanding the Universe" and check out deleted scenes from IW and Endgame.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4258 on: December 03, 2019, 03:58:15 AM »
New Black Widow trailer was just dropped. I am excited for this movie to see the backstory and to finally seeing one of the OG Avengers getting her due. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAtuMu_ph4
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: December 03, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
Looks a little Mission Impossible-ish
full of crazy action scenes, the family reunion, settling old scores while back in town....
looks good and fun.
and I think it goes w/o saying..... but Day One.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: December 03, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »
Kind of. Mission Impossible doesn’t use nearly as much CG.

I liked the trailer. However, it reminded me how much I still dislike Black Widow’s last scene in Endgame.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: December 03, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »
That looks good. Nice to see Black Widow back in action. It's crazy how much more screen presence Scarlett Johansen has than that new Black Widow. She has her work cut out for her.

The action looked more over the top than I was hoping for. I kinda wanted a grittier down to earth spy drama.

I still don't like the Taskmaster's outfit.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4262 on: December 03, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »
I like how Mission Impossible typically feels like old fashion film making, but Marvel usually doesn't.  It isn't a knock or anything, but the Mission Impossible series has been hitting so many home runs lately, it is a better and franchise in my opinion than James Bond. 

As for Black Widow, it will be interesting to see if she can carry a movie on her own.  If they emphasize the spy elements, the lore, and world building, it will work because it will be truly about Black Widow's character.  If it is just an action movie with a mission then I don't know what to think.  It was kinda silly and annoying the idea of the big fight between the two sister and find out they are sister.  Like, I don't know who writes this stuff, but that is just stupid. 

You know what would be a better scene, them actually talking, but trying to assess if the other is trying to kill them or not.  Like Black Widow's "sister" is doing subtle things like positioning herself to have an advantage IF they fight, or trying to poison her and Black Widow is quietly countering the situation because she is just better at it. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: December 03, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »
I don't think they are actually sisters, I think they both went through the Russian "red sparrow" program. It could be she realized it after they matched each other move for move.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4264 on: December 03, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »
I don't think they are actually sisters, I think they both went through the Russian "red sparrow" program. It could be she realized it after they matched each other move for move.
I think this is what is actually going on.  There is lots of history in the comics with the red sparrow program and how during the cold war Russia wanted their own Captain America and Avengers so there was bound to be more people in the program. Not only that Black Widow was pretty much brainwashed into being an assassin and all that was hard to get away from and I'd imagine that someone else with similar training as Black Widow would have that type of bond with someone else in the program just as a way to have some semblance of humanity within them while undergoing that mind breaking training. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4265 on: December 03, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »
Yes, it is true.  I know about the Red Sparrow program and I would assume that too originally.  But then they had the family dinner scene and that was too comfortable to be just we were close in that program...it seemed to be really playing up the family aspect of the movie.  So there is that.  I wonder if they are setting this prequel up to allow for a future Black Widow replacement.  You know one with an actual Russian actress and accent.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: December 07, 2019, 08:40:08 PM »
CCPX News:

first look at WandaVision

“[We have] the opportunity to tell their story, and show more of what Wanda can do, more of what makes Vision, Vision, and most importantly, reveal a name that I’m not even sure we’ve said in the MCU yet, but we make a big deal of in the show, is the fact that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. And what does that mean, that she is the Scarlet Witch? That’s what we play into with this show in ways that are entirely fun, entirely funny, somewhat scary, and will have repercussions for the entire future of Phase 4 of the MCU.â€

“The multiverse is the next step in the evolution of the MCU, and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is gonna crack it wide open in ways that will have repercussions for a Disney+ series just before it, that’s not WandaVision, and for movies just after it in a big, fun way.â€

and more....
https://collider.com/wandavision-details-scarlet-witch-multiverse/

Feige also apparently had some Eternals footage on display as well:
https://deadline.com/2019/12/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-disney-plus-the-eternals-black-widow-ccxp-1202803059/

also:

and a Black Widow Poster they were handing out. could make for a good avatar for someone, somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:42:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4267 on: December 07, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
What if the MCU has been in the "House of M" timeline the entire time, and she somehow fixes it during the show, and that's how they bring mutants into the MCU?!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: December 07, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »
What if the MCU has been in the "House of M" timeline the entire time, and she somehow fixes it during the show, and that's how they bring mutants into the MCU?!
I feel like this has been brought up before. I’m for it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: December 07, 2019, 11:34:57 PM »
I don't know the House of M storyline specifically, but if that was when she said "No More Mutants" then I think it has been brought up that this could be the opposite of that.

I was always thinking that the "M" or "X" gene would have something to do with "blipped' people, but once they made it clear we were headed to the MULTIVERSE in a big way, and that Wanda was leading the charge.... I think "No More Mutants" type scenario became a heavy favorite speculation.

And don't forget, Loki, WandaVision, and Doctor Strange will all be connected and playing with the Multi-verse.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4270 on: December 08, 2019, 01:59:43 AM »
I don't know the House of M storyline specifically, but if that was when she said "No More Mutants" then I think it has been brought up that this could be the opposite of that.

Yes, that's where the line is from!  Basically, Wanda's powers are out of control following Avengers Disassembled.  Prof X and Magneto are trying to figure out what to do.  All the mutants are there, and the debate is whether or not they should kill her.  The fighting upsets her, and she poofs away (almost) all the mutants, re-writing history along the way.  When Wolverine fixes the alternate timeline, everyone wakes up back in the regular-ish timeline, except mutant population is reduced to like 200 (through de-powering) with no new mutants appearing.  Until Messiah Complex (I think).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4271 on: December 08, 2019, 02:24:48 AM »

Yes, that's where the line is from!  Basically, Wanda's powers are out of control following Avengers Disassembled.  Prof X and Magneto are trying to figure out what to do.  All the mutants are there, and the debate is whether or not they should kill her.  The fighting upsets her, and she poofs away (almost) all the mutants, re-writing history along the way.  When Wolverine fixes the alternate timeline, everyone wakes up back in the regular-ish timeline, except mutant population is reduced to like 200 (through de-powering) with no new mutants appearing.  Until Messiah Complex (I think).
That is pretty much it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4272 on: December 08, 2019, 02:27:07 AM »

I was always thinking that the "M" or "X" gene would have something to do with "blipped' people, but once they made it clear we were headed to the MULTIVERSE in a big way, and that Wanda was leading the charge.... I think "No More Mutants" type scenario became a heavy favorite speculation.

And don't forget, Loki, WandaVision, and Doctor Strange will all be connected and playing with the Multi-verse.
If you are interested in learning about House of M here is a handy video that covers House of M and the aftermath of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn6NIMeikqk
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4273 on: December 08, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
Speaking of the aftermath, I always thought the Messiah Saga (is that what we call it?) would make a great film trilogy, since it covers so much of the X-Verse and brings out it's best.  Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming are all very good reads and tell one cohesive story that leads into AvX, which would be an excellent crossover since they already did Civil War.

Thinking about it now, I'd be shocked if this wasn't the current plan.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: December 12, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »
MCU Casting Director interviewed and goes over why casting has made the MCU so successful to this day.
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/marvels-casting-director-breaks-down-how-she-assembled-the-avengers-and-the-biggest-names-in-the-mcu/?

goes over a bunch of major casting decisions made so far, and even touches on casting for D+ series, like Ms Marvel, and for more diversity moving forward