Author Topic: Ten New Things About Super Mario 3D World (Spoilers!)  (Read 1419 times)

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Ten New Things About Super Mario 3D World (Spoilers!)
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »

Mario's new game has more than meets the eye! SPOILER WARNING!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35969

A new trailer for Super Mario 3D World has surfaced, showing ten unique facts about the game that Nintendo had not explicitly mentioned in previous announcements.

As Reggie warned in today's Nintendo Direct video conference, some of the following information contains heavy spoilers regarding unlockable post-game content. The listing is as follows:

1. Touchscreen and microphone gameplay: The player holding the GamePad can punch blocks, restrain enemies and moving platforms and interact with various stage elements. Blowing into the microphone will also reveal secrets, move some platforms and topple certain enemies.

2. Golden Express stage: The game features a secret level in which you board a golden train overflowing with coins.

3. Captain Toad levels: Various stages put you in the shoes of Super Mario Galaxy's Captain Toad, who must explore a rotatable 3D maze and collect Green Stars without the ability to jump.

4. Speed run levels: some stages feature a restricted time limit and challenge you to race against the clock as you dash towards the goal.

5. Mystery Houses: Special stages with a series of unique rapid-fire challenges to earn Green Stars.

6. Motley Boss Blob: One of the game's bosses is a creature resembling a Koopaling, who summons a gigantic clown monster that you fight with the help of Double Cherries.

7. Top-down shooter stage: One level features a sky-high scrolling platform maze where you use Boomerang Mario's projectiles to battle oncoming enemies in the vain of classic arcade plane-shooter games.

8. Kart-style stage: The game also features a level set in the world of the original Super Mario Kart, with Zipper panels that cause you to dash at high speeds as you race other players to the finish line.

9. Unlockable bonus game: You can play a special Luigi version of the original NES Mario Bros. arcade game, via Virtual Console. It is accessible to players who have save data from New Super Luigi U on their Wii U system.

10. Unlockable 5th character: Play as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy! Her unique trait is the ability to perform the spin attack from Galaxy, letting you hit enemies even without an item.

We'll have much more info about the game coming soon, but in the meantime you can check out the trailer with all the footage below.

Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Ten New Things About Super Mario 3D World (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »
The spoilers in this article are sickening and Nintendo World Report has effectively canceled my preorder as a result.

Offline Mataata

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
I wonder why they felt the need to tell us all this?
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:15 PM »
A lot of sites just up and spilled all the beans without a second thought.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »
I read the first letter of the this horrific spoiler fest and it killed my cat, destroyed my television and ruined my life in general.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks