Author Topic: Episode 28: From Space  (Read 5346 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Episode 28: From Space
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:13:51 AM »

A re-imagining of your favorite podcast! 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/29692

This episode of Connectivity is really for the fans... we just changed a few things for a new, fresh take, which I'm sure will be universally loved and praised. 

First off, there's news. You have all the familiar Nintendo-centric stories, the inane tangents, and the wonderful listener mail, but we've gone ahead and changed the origin of the cast just a bit. In this episode, Neal is a love 'em-or-hate 'em millionaire playboy who is more concerned with ladies and cocaine than running his father's company, Nintendo World Report. He is joined by Patrick, the young pilot itching for his first real glimpse of action, Scott, the reserved priest-in-training who can't stay on the straight and narrow, and Zach, the gang's talking dinosaur sidekick.

In the second segment, Alex wakes up from a twenty year coma to discover that the passage of time can't erode the most important thing in his life: love. He sits down with Neal and Patrick to talk about Kid Icarus Uprising's substantial multiplayer offerings. 

Be sure to stick around as the credits roll for a secret segment afterward about Journey, the recent Playstation Network release. Mike, a gun for hire with nothing to lose and everything to gain, joins Zach to break down the brief yet wondrous game.

Pretty good stuff, right? You guys are going to love the changes, I swear. You can click here to send us listener mail, full of rave reviews for the new spin on the podcast. You should also rate and review us on iTunes. Oh, and don't forget, our PAX East panel is next week.

I love being a Connectable!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 28: From Space
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »
Once again, the author of this post outdid himself.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
;)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
How much time do you spend on these...masterpieces?

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 01:28:39 AM »
Surprisingly, this one only took 10 or 15 minutes. Movie cliches come easy to me at 2 am when the baby wakes me up!

Offline UltraClayton

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
I think I am that one guy who liked fitting those keys in the boss door; I'll have to check out that game.

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
Question about colors 3D:

So you can see other people's drawings on colors3D, and upload your own, but can you save your OWN picture to your OWN SD card so you can send it to people over swapnote?  What do I do if I want to share my drawings with people who DONT OWN colors 3DS?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
Question about colors 3D:

So you can see other people's drawings on colors3D, and upload your own, but can you save your OWN picture to your OWN SD card so you can send it to people over swapnote?  What do I do if I want to share my drawings with people who DONT OWN colors 3DS?

Yes, you can share your drawings over SwapNote by saving it to the SD card and putting it in a SwapNote.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
Yes, you can share your drawings over SwapNote by saving it to the SD card and putting it in a SwapNote.

Sold.

Also, on the topic of kid icarus multiplayer, I have two strategies that work well for me.  I have a 300 rating claw weapon with 5 stars melee, combined with transparency and petrification, it's a guaranteed kill online.  I turn on transparency and petrification, run up to someone, melee them, they turn to stone, then I melee them again until theyre dead. 

The other strategy I have is to use the giant club weapons, rapid charge, and invisible bullets (whatever it's called).  The rapid charge makes it so you can fire your giant charged shot over and over, and the invisible bullets means people wont see them coming.  It's a really easy way to snipe people from across the stage. 

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
Claws are pretty dastardly. I have a pair of Pandora Claws that I adore. Clubs are fun, too, though I feel they're easier to fend off.

I did have a lot of fun with the Doom Cannon yesterday, because the charge shot launches a homing bullet that, upon impact, explodes. Unfortunately, that's the only good thing about that weapon. I also wrecked people with an underpowered Dark Pit Staff because I just kept my distance and it seemed like everybody had short range weapons.

I completely adore this game. It's fantastic.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
Really enjoyed the show, and especially appreciated the discussion about Colors! 3D as that's one of the eShop games/apps I'm most looking forward to.

I feel like most people dismiss Colors! 3D without knowing anything about it on the basis of "we've already got SwapNote and the built-in Game Notes... what more could I want?"  Of course, that's like saying Photoshop is redundant because I've got MS Paint: true for some people but obviously not for others.

Of course a drawing app won't appeal to everyone, so appeal might be limited. But anyone looking to unleash (and share) their artistic side should really appreciate Colors! 3D.

One question: how well is the 3DS app connected to the Colors! online archives? Is it compatible with viewing images drawn and uploaded using other versions (iOS/DS) of the app? Is it fast and easy to upload/download content? Are there any age checks, as some content posted online is mature in nature?

And a bonus question: what format(s) are your drawings exported as?
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »
(By the way: in case anyone is wondering, the swimming Mario totally isn't made up.  When downloading You, Me, and the Cubes courtesy Club Nintendo this week I had a download screen where small Mario and Luigi were both swimming. It was pretty neat - and a lot quieter since they were bobbing above the coins for a good part of the download.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »
I have noooo idea whether it's compatible with other versions. I suspect not, because the pre-release gallery didn't have much stuff on it.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 05:46:02 AM »
It's not. Nintendo wouldn't let them.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Zacko

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 01:04:37 AM »
Great episode yet again, fellas. I was so excited about the possibility of people to play Kid Icarus Uprising with that I made this thread in the handheld area. People should sign up! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37363.new#new

I personally have found that I use a 243 Aurum Palm, and it is somehow incredibly overpowered. I also love rocking the Autoreticle paired up with the Mega Laser. Autoreticle is pretty ridiculous, and essentially gives you limited duration z-targeting. Pair that with the Mega Laser and you can blow people away. My other main weapon is Hedgehog Claws, which are awesome.
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline DavidJobs

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 03:07:05 AM »
I have a problem while saving drawings over SwapNote.I have using  SDXC which has Mac  features.But it had been terminated when half done.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:10:22 AM by MegaByte »