Author Topic: Animal Crossing Turnip Prices  (Read 99024 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing Turnip Prices
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
Hey! I just remembered I can check my town for you! Derp.
What price did you buy at?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »
104 bells.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
My price today is 126 bells, effective for about 10 more hours. I can't play during the day, so you'll get 4 more price chances from me this week.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »
Are you saying I can meet up with you in the evening? While 126 bells isn't a bad price, I can't do it this evening unfortunately since I'd planned to go to a movie with some friends so there's just not time to set it all up. Hopefully, the price stays high and if it is ok tomorrow evening, that could probably work for me to meet up. Just checked me turnip price and it is now 64 bells a turnip. Definitely going to need to travel, I think. Plus, I need to visit other places to earn some other badges so it all ties together.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm saying I can only meet up in the evening hours. 6PM EST would be the earliest, but later would be better. This means I can check only the afternoon/evening prices for turnips, I won't be able to see the morning/day price. There are four more days after today before Sunday, so, you'll have 4 more price options from me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »
Oh ho! Maybe things are changing for me. Yesterday, I saw Katrina (who I've been wrongly calling Katerina) and in her fortune, she saw Joan holding a turnip in a field and smiling. To ensure this prosperous vision, I needed a woman's accessory. Well, on the chance this can influence my turnip prices, I started wearing a woman's accessory as well as dress, tights, shoes, and hat. I want to get to this sinking ship righted.

So, when I checked in with Reese this morning, she was buying Turnips at 124 each. Awesome! Prices have gone back up. I'm going to wait and see what this afternoon brings though. Wednesday was my highest day when I did the time-travel experiment and I'm hoping that means prices might go up even more now thanks to this change in luck. That said, if people still want to keep checking their towns, I welcome all bids for my turnips.

Even better, a villager offered to sell me a painting which I noticed was at the same price as Redd's paintings. I bought it and went to the museum and it turned out to be a donatable piece of artwork. This reminded me of another painting I bought from a villager one or two weeks into the game before I met Redd. I just hung that painting on my home wall and didn't think anything of it. I take that painting to Blathers. Turns out, it was also some rare artwork. It's like I won Storage Wars or something. Just like that, my museum art collection doubled and I'm expecting to still get a visit from Redd this week so art mania is going strong. I'm thinking that what this means is if I miss Redd, a villager will then just later offer me a painting I could have got from him. And so far, it seems like the villager painting is always genuine so I don't even have to play Redd's guessing game to keep getting these pieces. But I will because I like it.

I'm hoping I can at least get to 154 for that 50% margin. Turnip, turnip, turnip!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
My price is 334 today. You gonna be able to visit?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Hooooolllllyyyyy Coooooowwwwwwww! I SO want to visit!

I had just checked my price and it was up to 145 but forget that. It's time to profit! Not sure which time zone you are in but I should be ready to visit in about 40 minutes from now and anytime there after this evening. So, let me know when you are ready and we will get this turnip trade a-goin'!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
I'm in the EST zone, though my in-game clock is six hours earlier because I never play during the day, so I'd always miss days stuff otherwise.

I should be able to open the gate in around 40 minutes, maybe a little after. I was just about to start making dinner, not sure how long that'll take as I haven't decided what I want, but I should be open in no more than one hour from this post.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2013, 06:59:58 PM »
Ok. So, I will start trying to make the trip at 8:00 pm your time. Looking forward to it.

As for supper, you can never go wrong with pasta. I just picked up some cream and butter at lunch time so I can make some Fettucine Alfredo at some point. It's simple enough and tasty.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »
Gate's open. Pardon the mess, before I stopped playing last time, I was re-organising things.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:11 PM »
I'm on the train over.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »
So, what did you have for supper anyways?......

Well, thanks so much for the visit Mop it up. That was awesome. I want to visit more. Plus, I have to pick up the stuff I left in your square for Stratos for the AC:BofTF. Plus, I never got to grab any fruit and or touch the items you had laid out. And then you need to come to my town and you can get the chance to go through the rest of my stuff and meet a couple of my cool villagers, Pecan and Ruby.

In the end, I made a profit of 2,300,000 bells which is 3 times what I expected when I first bought these things so thank you so much for that. Good enough to get the first stock badge but 700,000 short to earn the middle one. Man. First Metroid Prime 3 vouchers and now this. Is there any game related task I can help you out on? I need to make up the favors here.

I also love the fact that I was wearing the dress and tights and you were wearing the suit jacket and pants. Gender roles don't belong in Animal Crossing! But next time, I'll have my normal outfit of Hawaiian shirt and black denim pants. Well, maybe. I still want to make sure the money luck of Katerina is still on my side.

I only got to see a couple of your villagers. Which are your favorites?

Well, with the turnip adventure over, I guess I'll move my further discussion on AC stuff back to the other thread I started in the Handheld section so that you people don't have to be travelling between two forums to keep up.

Thanks again for the help and if you need to sell turnips in the future, I'll keep checking my prices for you and anyone else.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2013, 08:28:30 PM »
I had the rest of my pasta last week, so no pasta. I just had a hamburger.

I can't think of any game thing you can help me with. I'm a spacey person, so maybe you can just not hold it against me if I flake out in the future as your way of repaying the favour.

Animal Crossing is more about hanging out with others for me, so I don't do too much else in the game, such as interact with the villagers. Sometimes I specifically avoid the villagers to spare myself from their redundant, inane chatter.

I typically just wear whatever I bought from the store that day, so sometimes it works and others it's a garish mess.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:01 PM »
Alright. Well, you've got a couple favors from me you can call in anytime at this point so you may want to keep that bit of info tucked away somewhere.

Yeah, the chatter can be a bit repetitive but I discovered part of the appeal when characters ask for your help in changing their catchphrases. One character I didn't care for I gave the catchphrase "And I suck." Suddenly conversations with him aren't that bad anymore and I've gotten a laugh from that addition a couple of times. Well, if you do want to hang out more, I'm up for it as it helps make progress on badges as well.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »
Back on the turnip bandwagon. Bought my turnips at 93 each so it shouldn't take much to make a profit. Currently, prices were 86 and now 76. Oh, how this game loves to toy with me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »
I had 78 today. Might not be looking well for me either.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
Well, so far, I've played ahead to Thursday morning and Turnip prices are at 61 bells now. I'll find out what afternoon prices are in a little while when I check in but so far, the highest I've had is 86 bells on Monday morning. It has been a steady decline since. Not once has it gone up and then back down. Lousy turnips. Maybe if Katerina shows up, I can change my fortune as I seemed to get a boost last week after she stopped. But if she doesn't show up until Saturday, then I think my turnips are hootched.

Or is there another strategy? For instance, what if I took all my turnips to someone else's town and left them there? Put them all on the ground and the other player put them in their locker or left them on the ground. Then I go back to my town turnip free. I pass by Sunday and into a new week with Monday. Then I go back to that town and bring the tunips over or the other person comes to my town and gets them from their locker. Would the turnips instantly spoil or would the game recognize them as someone else turnips and not try to equate my calendar time with their calendar time thus allowing them to sell the turnips or hand them to me to be sold?

Nothing like trying to game the system.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
I'm now playing the stalk market since I need cash for Gracie Gear. I invested everything at 102. Anyone got good deals?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »
I'll let you know. I've still been playing the Stalk Market also despite not posting in the thread. I found out how it works so I've just been following a guide for it. It's cureently Sunday for me and I'm just buying a whole bunch of turnips so we'll see what comes up for me in the week. The big key is if your turnips prices Monday morning at 9 am are below 80 bells, then you can expect either a small or large spike in which you will make a nice profit. If it is over 100 bells, then you will have a random market that week which is dangerous and the high sale price of the week won't go over 135 bells from what I've seen. So, if you are in the 120 range, you may want to sell and make the minor profit. If it is under 100 and in the 90's range, you will either get a continuously decreasing market or a random price market for the week. You may want to just sell off everything and take a slight loss to be safe or hold onto it and hope someone else can save you.

I'll finish buying my turnips and see what the Monday morning price is and what kind of market I'm looking at. If I can help you out, I will.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »
After work today I will find out what my Thursday market is as I am currently on Thanksgiving Day in the game. Starting to sweat as it is steadily getting lower each day.

My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
Don't like Animal Dayschool or whatever it's called!
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »

Don't like Animal Dayschool or whatever it's called!

Seriously? Get out if you don't like this game. Keep your pathetic attempts at humor to the confines of the Funhouse please.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »
Ha ha. While it was mainly the wrong place to make that comment, I still laughed a bit at the name Animal Dayschool.......

Guess that makes me a bad person. However, I will counter his comment and say that I find Animal Crossing to be one of the greatest gaming challenges I've faced. Up there with F-Zero GX and SSB: Brawl. Not what I was expecting going in but I like it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
It's more jarring to me because we usually stay above that sort of behavior on this site and it is the only one I regularly frequent. I suffer from the same 'culture shock' when I actually read youtube comments.
My Game Collection