Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674264 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Out for the Season (Broken Hand)
« Reply #1950 on: December 28, 2019, 01:21:32 AM »
And the NUDE STREAK Continues!!!!

ever since Curry's "nudez" leaked, Dubs are UNDEFEATED Baby!!! 4-in-a-row!!!

Let me have this moment damnit!!!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1951 on: December 28, 2019, 01:31:38 AM »
And the NUDE STREAK Continues!!!!

ever since Curry's "nudez" leaked, Dubs are UNDEFEATED Baby!!! 4-in-a-row!!!

Let me have this moment damnit!!!

Good job, now the Warriors are with the 3rd best odds at the number 1 pick.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 29, 2019, 12:47:20 AM »
The Streaking has come to an end.... but it was never expected, and certainly not expected to last.

I want to say it was when D-Lo go hurt that the tide turned, but i didn't see it happen as I was on the road at halftime, and didn't get back infront of a TV until just before halfway through the 3rd... by that  point, the damage was done. D-Lo came back in the 4th, but the game was already out of reach without a Hot-Hand Klay and/or Super Nova Curry on the active roster.

It's all good though. Fun while it lasted. 1st half was good to watch though. Both teams were on FIRE from downtown. We just couldn't keep it up in the 2nd half, and The Mavs kept right on rolling.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1953 on: December 29, 2019, 12:53:36 AM »
Lakers and Suns broke their losing streak.  Suns are climbing in the rankings and is the 10th seed. Jumping up two spots tonight from 12th in the west.  Next game for the Suns is the Blazers who are 1.5 games ahead of the Suns. Piviotal matchup for the Suns.   

Also good and bad is the Jazz won versus the Clippers, which is good for the Laker fan in me and bad because the Suns have a higher climb to catch up with the Jazz.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 29, 2019, 12:54:47 AM »
Big win tonight in LA as the Jazz defeated the Clippers 120-107. The game was a lot closer than that box score looks, though. The Jazz were only 1 up with 6 minutes to go, and then they proceeded to completely shut the Clippers down from there on. They managed to keep Kawhi Leonard to only 19 points off 6/24 shooting.

Got to say, I really like Jordan Clarkson's game off the bench. He had 19 points tonight, which was the second highest tonight behind Donovan Mitchell's 30. It's good to see Joe Ingles back to playing well again. Hopefully, when Conley comes back from injury, Snyder won't throw him back on the bench.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

ï»ż

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1955 on: December 29, 2019, 02:45:15 AM »
The Streaking has come to an end.... but it was never expected, and certainly not expected to last.

I want to say it was when D-Lo go hurt that the tide turned, but i didn't see it happen as I was on the road at halftime, and didn't get back infront of a TV until just before halfway through the 3rd... by that  point, the damage was done. D-Lo came back in the 4th, but the game was already out of reach without a Hot-Hand Klay and/or Super Nova Curry on the active roster.

It's all good though. Fun while it lasted. 1st half was good to watch though. Both teams were on FIRE from downtown. We just couldn't keep it up in the 2nd half, and The Mavs kept right on rolling.
D'lo going for a loose ball and his head collided with Lucas hip.  It at first looked like D'lo and Luka were going to collide head to head until D'lo moved his head to the right and he ended up hitting Lukas hip. 

Hope D'lo is okay.  I feel bad for the Warriors with all these injuries that are just coming in waves.

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-aU7eDTscg
Alexis, she/her/Miss

ï»ż

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 29, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »

D'lo going for a loose ball and his head collided with Lucas hip.  It at first looked like D'lo and Luka were going to collide head to head until D'lo moved his head to the right and he ended up hitting Lukas hip. 

Hope D'lo is okay.  I feel bad for the Warriors with all these injuries that are just coming in waves.

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-aU7eDTscg

Thanks for the vid, we were only down 5 when that happened :(
Glad D-Lo turned out to be alright, as that looked like it could've been pretty bad.
I also guess I got back to a TV shortly after that happened, because we were down about 10 or more when I turned the TV on, and it just increased from then. That was the deflation point for the Warriors. We were very much in it before that happened.

Lucky for the Lakers that we lost though. Don't ignore the fact that the Warriors Win Streak aligned with the Lakers Lose Streak. We finally lost one, and they finally won one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1957 on: December 29, 2019, 01:46:45 PM »
Quote from BnM
Lucky for the Lakers that we lost though. Don't ignore the fact that the Warriors Win Streak aligned with the Lakers Lose Streak. We finally lost one, and they finally won one.

I don't think Kuzma, LeBron and AD going off for more than 20 points each has anything to do with D'lo going down with a injury and thus losing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 29, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »
Don't deny the link between the win/loss streak.

there was some very dark Xmas magic at work. Millions of Bay Area wishes were being granted.
It was however short lived, much like Lebron's supposed aggravated groin injury that led to the Xmas loss, but it happened, and at the exact same time. It's no coincidence.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 30, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »
I only caught the second half of the Lakers/Mavericks game. For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to watch the clip of Luka Dončić‘s fall. Yikes. Glad he was okay and not concussed. Good on the Staples Center crowd for cheering when he got up. If that had been at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly, I would expect the crowd to boo.

The Lakers went 9-5 in December. Not bad but not good either. Disappointed in the losses to the Pacers and Clippers. Those were winnable games.

The Lakers have no valuable assets (they’re willing to trade). Their best offer would be to package KCP and Kuzma but KCP can veto any trade. He isn’t going to approve a trade away from a title contender. Also, he’s playing well so I doubt the Lakers want to part with him anyway. Additionally, Kuzma showed flashes of why he was the chosen son (last night notwithstanding). That said, the Lakers will be active on the buyout market. I expect Troy Daniels and Quinn Cook to get cut. The Lakers still hope Cousins can return in the playoffs (not going to happen but they can keep pretending airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars) so he isn’t going anywhere. Iguodala is an inevitable and obvious pick up if he isn’t traded by the deadline. Otherwise, the Lakers could use a shot creator/scorer off the bench.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 30, 2019, 04:06:38 PM »
Well shame on me... I guess Lebron's groin was aggravated, and is now injured as of yesterday...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1961 on: December 30, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »
Well shame on me... I guess Lebron's groin was aggravated, and is now injured as of yesterday...
Pat Beverly during the Xmas game knee'd Lebron on a play when LeBron was taking a charge.  It isn't the same one from last year but it did set him back to how he was 5 days previous.  Since then he missed one game against the Nuggets and played versus the Blazers and Mavs. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1962 on: December 30, 2019, 10:03:58 PM »
Looks like for the first time all season the Suns will have everyone healthy/not suspended and playing together.  I am excited for this team even more now. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1963 on: December 31, 2019, 12:28:42 AM »
Wow what a game.   Suns were down 19 in the 1st quarter and kept clawing back starting in the mid point of the 2nd quarter and they just kept playing.  Playing good D on Lillard who was hot in the 1st quarter from 3.   Ayton was coming off the bench but he had a team high 13 rebounds and 6 points in 20 minutes of play.  Mikal Bridges played superbly against Lillard and scored 13 points in 30 minutes along with 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.   I didn't think they would win this game but I am happy to be surprised.    Next game is versus the Lakers which will be difficult for the Suns but they might have a chance given their energy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: January 04, 2020, 05:26:04 PM »
I'm about to be off to go watch the Warriors vs the Pistons.
check out Chase Stadium in SF

games not till 5:30, so I'll probably leave in 20 minutes, as I'm trying to get to the stadium about an hour before game time, and still not sure where I'll find parking. might still BART it as well....

I really don't care for this game, as I haven't seen or heard a single second of anything about the Pistons until last night about them trying to trade Drummond to the Hawks, Celts, and 2-3 other teams that seemed interested.

I'm actually more interested in the food stands they'll have up for local restaurant vendors. I heard the food was really really good, and surprisingly not expensive.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:30:18 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1965 on: January 04, 2020, 05:40:52 PM »
Aside from signing D Rose the Pistons have been at a standstill.  Also that area of San Francisco is beautiful. I went up to a convention up there several years ago and it was fun.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 05, 2020, 02:32:31 AM »
Chase Center was nice. and they did have some local places supply food, but the quality was expectedly worse than the original shop, due to the "mass production" needed to feed the crowd demand. I had Bakesale Betty's Crispy Chicken sandwhich, and it was good.... slightly overcooked, but still very good.

Afterwards we did the Warriors Hooptopia which was pretty fun for what it was. My daughter really enjoyed it. Oh, and we made it on TV during the aftershow right behind Chris Mullen. I even got a pic of us on their TV. LOL

it was a good time, even if it wasn't a good game.
We had no D-Lo, no Looney, and when we got up in the 3rd to use the bathroom.... Draymond mysteriously got booted from the game. I never saw what happened, but we were suddenly down 12 when we came back to our seats. Dubs never recovered from that setback.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1967 on: January 05, 2020, 08:19:48 PM »
In Zion Watch News, Williamson has first full practice since surgery.  This means his return could be getting closer.  However, there's some debate as to whether or not the Pels should play him.  The team is suggesting that they will play him when he's healthy.

Personally, I'd rather him sit the full year.  There's very little to gain with him playing this season.  Playoffs are a longshot, though not completely out of the question yet.  Let him keep practicing and we'll see him again in the summer league.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 06, 2020, 10:29:05 PM »
Whew...wild one in New Orleans tonight, the Jazz winning off a last-second block by Gobert that the crowd REALLY wanted to be a foul. However, the Refs reviewed it and called the game over, so yay.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:30:46 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 06, 2020, 10:45:23 PM »
The Lakers are apparently “listening to offers” for Kyle Kuzma. The Kings are apparently willing to include Bogdan Bogdanović to get Kuzma. I played around with ESPN’s NBA Trade Machine and got some successful trades. Kuzma (with Cook and Daniels to match salaries) for Bogdanović works. I did one with the Grizzlies as a third team which also works, more on them later.

I was curious after reading the rumors today. I don’t know a lot about Bogdanović except that he smoked the Lakers last season. Why would either team do this trade?

Kings: Bogdanović will be a restricted free agent this summer, and the Kings may not want to pay him. They should, but you know, the Kings gonna King. Anyway, Kuzma is three years younger and won’t be a restricted free agent until the summer of 2021. He’s only owed $3.6 million next season. Either way, his cap hold and raise would be lower than Bogdanović. Also, Luke Walton is high on Kuzma.

Lakers: Kuzma is good but maybe not for this particular team, trying to win a championship this year. Bogdanović is better right now and would give the Lakers some much needed shooting. He apparently doesn’t like coming off the bench for the Kings, but maybe he will on a title contender especially if given what was supposed to be Kuzma’s role of being the primary option of the second unit.

I mentioned the Grizzlies earlier because the Lakers still want Andre Iguodala but have no way of acquiring him via trade since the Grizzlies weirdly still want a first-round pick. To get the Kuzma deal done, the Kings could throw in a (heavily protected) first round pick. The Lakers don’t care about the pick so whether in the same Kuzma-Bogdanović transaction or a separate one, the Kings protected pick would get sent to the Grizzlies which in a wink-wink deal would agree to buy out Iguodala now instead of after the trade deadline with the understanding that he will join the Lakers. The Grizzlies technically get their first round pick, and the Lakers get their man a little earlier. It’d be funny if he ended up joining the Clippers anyway.

Ultimately, the Lakers could end up with Bogdan Bogdanović and Andre Iguodala (and Darren Collison) within a month. I don’t know if I’d do the above mentioned deal(s). I’m high on Kuzma, and this would effectively leave the Lakers with no future assets. Then again, hopefully improving the roster is the exact reason teams have assets. It’d be the epitome of going all-in.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 06, 2020, 10:53:43 PM »
EMBIIIIID NOOOOOO!!!!!

https://twitter.com/RTNBA/status/1214349847207305216

that dislocation. NSFWeaklings

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 06, 2020, 11:05:58 PM »
I clicked and immediately regretted it despite the warning.

At least, they won tonight. Go Sixers!

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 06, 2020, 11:33:08 PM »
EMBIIIIID NOOOOOO!!!!!

WHY DID I CLICK THAT LINK?!!!  :o

Wow...just...wow. I'm amazed he was even walking with his finger jutted out of his hand at a 90 degree angle.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1973 on: January 07, 2020, 12:39:31 AM »
The Lakers are apparently “listening to offers” for Kyle Kuzma. The Kings are apparently willing to include Bogdan Bogdanović to get Kuzma. I played around with ESPN’s NBA Trade Machine and got some successful trades. Kuzma (with Cook and Daniels to match salaries) for Bogdanović works. I did one with the Grizzlies as a third team which also works, more on them later.

I was curious after reading the rumors today. I don’t know a lot about Bogdanović except that he smoked the Lakers last season. Why would either team do this trade?

Kings: Bogdanović will be a restricted free agent this summer, and the Kings may not want to pay him. They should, but you know, the Kings gonna King. Anyway, Kuzma is three years younger and won’t be a restricted free agent until the summer of 2021. He’s only owed $3.6 million next season. Either way, his cap hold and raise would be lower than Bogdanović. Also, Luke Walton is high on Kuzma.

Lakers: Kuzma is good but maybe not for this particular team, trying to win a championship this year. Bogdanović is better right now and would give the Lakers some much needed shooting. He apparently doesn’t like coming off the bench for the Kings, but maybe he will on a title contender especially if given what was supposed to be Kuzma’s role of being the primary option of the second unit.

I mentioned the Grizzlies earlier because the Lakers still want Andre Iguodala but have no way of acquiring him via trade since the Grizzlies weirdly still want a first-round pick. To get the Kuzma deal done, the Kings could throw in a (heavily protected) first round pick. The Lakers don’t care about the pick so whether in the same Kuzma-Bogdanović transaction or a separate one, the Kings protected pick would get sent to the Grizzlies which in a wink-wink deal would agree to buy out Iguodala now instead of after the trade deadline with the understanding that he will join the Lakers. The Grizzlies technically get their first round pick, and the Lakers get their man a little earlier. It’d be funny if he ended up joining the Clippers anyway.

Ultimately, the Lakers could end up with Bogdan Bogdanović and Andre Iguodala (and Darren Collison) within a month. I don’t know if I’d do the above mentioned deal(s). I’m high on Kuzma, and this would effectively leave the Lakers with no future assets. Then again, hopefully improving the roster is the exact reason teams have assets. It’d be the epitome of going all-in.
I think a great need for the Lakers is a backup point guard and a wing defender.   Bogan Bogdanovich somewhat helps with the playmaking but it would be a weird fit position wise.  The most basic deal to bring over Bogan is Cook and Kuzma and the Kings throw in a draft pick.   

We would have Bradley, Green, LeBron, AD, McGee and off the bench.  Rondo, Caruso, Bogan, Dudley and then Howard with Daniels and other pieces.   

I think if Collison doesn't sign with the Lakers then DRose is probably the best option.  Detroit has said that they are shopping around Drummond and if they are going to rebuild then maybe DRose can come to the Lakers and provide scoring and playmaking off the bench.  Then we would only need a wing defender.   Maybe a 3 team trade with the Lakers, Detroit and Memphis/ Team which has our preferred wing defender will work.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 07, 2020, 01:20:27 AM »
EMBIIIIID NOOOOOO!!!!!

WHY DID I CLICK THAT LINK?!!!  :o

Wow...just...wow. I'm amazed he was even walking with his finger jutted out of his hand at a 90 degree angle.

I've done the exact same thing back in HS. pointer finger on the rim while blocking a shot into the next court over..... it didn't even hurt. More of a panic'd state over the shock of why my finger was bent at a 90degree angle at the middle knuckle towards my thumb.
I quickly out of sheer panic popped it back into place and continued playing the game until the swelling and pulsing ache started setting in.

Embiid came right back in the game and I'm sure he played the rest of it. He'll feel the pain long after all the adrenaline and pain killers wear off. LOL