Author Topic: E3 2017: REGGIE GOES BIG  (Read 28443 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
E3 2017: REGGIE GOES BIG
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »

NOW BOARDING FOR JUNE 13-15, 2017 (Tue-Wed-Thurs)

credit to @Cheesemeister3k on Twitter.

For me as long as I'm being entertained, I'm having a great time with a videogame
:reggie:

I'm setting sales records every day with the Nintendo Switch

We've turned the industry on its [r]ear

My favorite is Quickdraw. I haven't been beat

...we're gonna have a big E3 this year. We're going to be showcasing a variety of games

Video
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:05:24 PM by Optimism Prime »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: E3 2017: REGGIE GOES BIG
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
I really hope Nintendo has an E3 that's so good, it kills the show forever.

Like 2006, but permanent.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »
This just in: Reggie is a PR juggernaut who can say anything he wants, it doesn't mean it's true.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
Reggie also said we'd know more about Switch VC by launch and guess what happened. He's utterly dependent of what happens at NCL.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
Interesting that he made sure to mention new titles for 3DS at E3 as well. That system still has legs!

Curious about the name dropping of Animal Crossing. He brought up Legend of Zelda as one type of game experience but why mention Animal Crossing at this point? The only upcoming Animal Crossing news will be its potential mobile game in whatever form that takes. Is Nintendo planning an Animal Crossing Switch release so it is on his mind?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
Open-world Animal Crossing with weapon degradation. Then maybe I'd get into the series.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »
I suppose it comes down to what you consider a "big" E3, but I was pleased with Nintendo's E3 last year and Reggie's comments here don't seem that unreasonable. I go back and forth on whether Nintendo is going to come to the show with a slate of huge, new announcements, but showcasing a variety of exciting games and having a great showing that way? Yeah, I can believe that. These are the Switch games Nintendo has announced which should have a presence at the show this year:

Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Switch
Fire Emblem Warriors
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Expansion Pass)

Even if there are literally no new announcements, I'm pretty stoked just to learn a lot more about these games. With the exception of maybe Fire Emblem Warriors, all of those are huge releases and figure to be great games. And, in reality, there will almost certainly be new announcements as well.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »
I mean, if they want to totally kill it and "win the show" they should drop several big title announcements in my opinion. I agree with Oedo that those titles should all be there, but then the narrative will still be "Nintendo shows not much news, Switch line up remains sparse, yeah we knew about all of these already" etc.

So here's my completely unreasonable line-up I would want to title drop if I was Nintendo's PR and had somehow gotten all these very unlikely projects in near-complete stages without anyone noticing until now:

Bayonetta 3, just to really rub it in once more. Show off those perfect 10 scores for the previous one. Oh yeah and it comes with free copies of the first two games too, so no "I didn't get a Wii U so I can't be up to date on the story" excuses either.

Metroid. A big one. Dual release with a side-scroller on 3DS set after Fusion. Flashy, no Federation storyline, no voice acting. Call it Metroid Andromeda just to stir up ****. It could be sidescrolling, something different, or Prime 4 but...

New Retro Studios project. Preferably a unique, new IP with Splatoon-esque immediate broad appeal. If they're doing Prime 4, then it should just be them dropping 2 games in 2018 like it ain't nothing.

Beyond Good & Evil 2. Platform exclusive. And we're not Kickstarting it it *side-eye Shenmue which inevitably got hype during the Sony conference* oh and also Jade will be in Smash 5 which we're teasing this show but won't be out for another year or two.

Of course none of these will happen and I'm being a totally entitled fanboy now. But it'd be great marketing and it's just fun to daydream haha.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 07:07:31 PM »
There's also Pikmin 4, which we already know exists. That's not as much of a heavy hitter, but it'll be there and be a nice complement to the bigger announcements.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 07:14:04 PM »
There's also Pikmin 4, which we already know exists. That's not as much of a heavy hitter, but it'll be there and be a nice complement to the bigger announcements.

Oh yeah good point!!! Would that be a 2018 release you think? Do you think things like a new Monster Hunter and/or Animal Crossing could also be on the horizon? Those would go over very well I imagine and if there's some sort of connectivity between the mobile Animal Crossing and a new game on 3DS or Switch the mobile title could hopefully spur on some sort of Pokemon Go effect.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »
I'm wondering if Smash 4 Switch will be a sequel or an up-port.  The rumor was that we'd get a port right?  I'd certainly like a sequel though, but with Sakurai, that could take years.  A port with a handful of new characters would be plenty (at the right price).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 08:32:16 PM »
Open-world Animal Crossing with weapon degradation. Then maybe I'd get into the series.

I was hoping for an AC/Cubivore crossover.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 09:15:55 PM »

I was hoping for an AC/Cubivore crossover.

I remember during the n64 era when news leaked out about Cubivore and Animal Crossing I used to confuse the two. This is because Cubivore's Japanese name is Dobutsu Bancho or Animal Leader and Animal Crossing was Dobutsu no Mori or Animal Forrest.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 09:40:43 PM »

Oh yeah good point!!! Would that be a 2018 release you think?

Since what we've heard indicates it's basically done, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out this year.

J.P. Corbran

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
Seems to me that he's emphasizing the variety of games part.  That can only mean one thing:

Switch Music

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 04:23:38 AM »
The Switch Japan event back in January makes me hope they will have an actual show for E3 again this year. Or at least have a Direct like previous years. As much as I like Treehouse Live, its just not the same.

I also want a return of the World Championship. The one they did a few years ago was great.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »
I'm wondering if Smash 4 Switch will be a sequel or an up-port.  The rumor was that we'd get a port right?  I'd certainly like a sequel though, but with Sakurai, that could take years.  A port with a handful of new characters would be plenty (at the right price).

I think Smash 4 Switch still makes a lot of sense. There's a gap in Nintendo's first-party lineup between Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey which it could fill (though the aforementioned Pikmin 4 also seems like a great candidate for that), and in some ways I think it's an easier sell for Wii U owners than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I doubt most people bought the majority of the DLC for Smash 4 Wii U, given how expensive it was, and if they include a handful of new characters and stages on top of it, it's easier to justify double dipping on that game (at least for me).

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 09:13:14 PM »

Get ready, Animal Crossing citizens. Evan_B is coming to town....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:16:20 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 09:27:36 PM »
Some things I'd like to see at e3

Eternal Darkness (Nintendo re-registered the trademark, either it's just going to the e-shop or they are making a new one) A great idea would be to show off Resident Evil 7 and Fatal Frame off at the same time to roll the ball for survival horror.

Metroid
Shadows of the Eternals(resurfacing still a separate game with a publisher)
Smash Bros (but I want Smash Bros to make a drastic change, the type of change fanboys would be divided about, where some are pissed and some are excited) The ideal situation is the announce a port of the wii u 3ds one, and make another game that is totally new.
Pikmin
Pokémon
Donkey Kong(i'd like to see a new 3d DK)

Obviously I want to see new franchises or even long forgotten franchises.
One Thing Nintendo should do is a Coup in its e-shop. Nintendo should stop dripping old games and flood them. Just because their available doesn't mean they need to be on the front page.If it wants to feature games and do sales thats the way to do it. Bundles are awesome too. Thats how I bought most of the Resident Evil games on the Playstation Store. I filled up my hard drive... i need to buy a new hard drive now so i can buy more games.. see how that works.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 11:34:16 PM »
Smash Bros (but I want Smash Bros to make a drastic change, the type of change fanboys would be divided about, where some are pissed and some are excited) The ideal situation is the announce a port of the wii u 3ds one, and make another game that is totally new.

I was recently thinking the same thing. When I'm not playing BotW, I've been sometimes playing a little bit of Smash 3DS to finish unlocking/acquiring all the custom moves for the fighters. Down to 5 fighters left. With the success of BotW and how it has shaken up the formula a bit, I'd love to see Smash Bros. get shaken up now. It was a unique kind of fighter in trying to knock opponents off the stage but now it has become a bit old hat. Is there a new way to fight that could be thought up of with these characters? If there was a franchise I'd most like to see Nintendo take a new chance and direction on, I think Smash Bros. would be my number 1 choice at the moment.

Donkey Kong(i'd like to see a new 3d DK)

Yeah, it's a bit of shame we've only seen one 3D iteration of Donkey Kong. I've always been a fan of DK64 even though others are put off by its collectathon. In some ways, this is a franchise that's still quite malleable in the 3D realm because of how little has been done in that space. A lot of potential here.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 12:29:59 AM »
I like the idea somebody on these forums came up with for a Donkey Kong game modeled on the climbing and environmental platforming in the Uncharted franchise. It'd fit his character and, while part of an existing IP, be something Nintendo's never done before.

J.P. Corbran

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 12:53:51 AM »
I'll be happy if they announce a real Animal Crossing game for Switch, one that shakes up the formula a bit. Maybe an MMO Animal Crossing? That could be interesting.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:30 AM »
That'd be nice. I'm still hooked on New Leaf, my second time through, but it's about time we got a real successor. It's a series that I really think is better suited to a handheld, and I think would benefit from the Switch's hybrid nature.

J.P. Corbran

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 01:21:45 AM »
That'd be nice. I'm still hooked on New Leaf, my second time through, but it's about time we got a real successor. It's a series that I really think is better suited to a handheld, and I think would benefit from the Switch's hybrid nature.

That is true, I also hope they make decent use of Amiibos. Thanks to Breath of the Wild I went on an Amiibo splurge when previous to the game I only had Smash Bros. Zelda, Samus and the Splatoon girl. Walmart slashing the prices on Amiibos didn't help either and I ended up with most of the AC amiibos, all the BOTW Amiibos, Smash Bros Link, 8 Bit Link, Ganondorf, and various other random Mario characters like Daisy, Rosalina, Waluigi and 8 bit Mario.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 01:26:23 AM »
I would think giving Smash another attack button and take the Flicking Smash action out of the game.  Then design the game with basic multiplayer aspect we already know and love.

Then I would make the adventure mode play like TMNT beat'em up with more depth and combos.