Author Topic: Wii U Mario Maker Levels Cannot be Transferred to Super Mario Maker 2  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile

It's not possible to transfer Mario Maker stages that were created on the 3DS or Wii U over to Super Mario Maker 2.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/50589/wii-u-mario-maker-levels-cannot-be-transferred-to-super-mario-maker-2

At a recent Mario Maker 2 press event, a Nintendo Treehouse representative told NWR that courses created in Super Mario Maker for the Wii U cannot be played or imported over to Super Mario Maker 2. In addition, Super Mario Maker courses created on the 3DS are also incompatible with the upcoming Switch sequel.

The Nintendo representative explained that the extensive list of new items and features was a major reason why the two games are incompatible with one another.

Players will need to recreate their old courses from scratch in order to bring them over to Super Mario Maker 2.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
If it's indeed possible to recreate past stages from scratch, then their excuse doesn't hold water.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I didn't expect to be able to transfer, and I don't think I would anyway. This way encourages people to better utilize the new elements.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
It's okay, they deleted most of the few levels I uploaded any way.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile

This. I haven't logged into Mario Maker in a long time now but I fully expect all my levels to be gone by now.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile

This. I haven't logged into Mario Maker in a long time now but I fully expect all my levels to be gone by now.
You still have 8 levels up, how many did you start with?

Aside from breaking the rules, it was only levels with 0 stars that get taken down after a month, anything with one or more stars stays up.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I can understand not letting SMM2 levels back to SMM, but I see no reason you couldn't move them forward. Nintendo even allowed that on the Game Boy Color when you could send Pokemon from Generation I to Generation II.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Honestly, I'd rather the time and effort that could have gone into making old courses compatible with Mario Maker 2 go towards just making Mario Maker 2 a better game. There is literally one course of mine that I'd actually want brought forward anyways.