Author Topic: Harvest Moon AWL: Ask a question, get an answer!  (Read 14485 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Harvest Moon AWL: Ask a question, get an answer!
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2004, 07:24:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Berny
As for my question, do you get to have a doggy? I loved my Baxter so much. I want him back.

Yes, you choose between a short-eared dog and a long-eared dog at the beginning of the game.  As far as I can tell, the dog doesn't do much.  You can pick it up and carry it around, put food in its bowl, or whistle for it by pressing R, but there doesn't seem to be any purpose to these functions.  The dog doesn't actually require feeding.  The manual makes some reference to training, but I have not seen any way to get the dog to do anything except come to you when you whistle.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Harvest Moon AWL: Ask a question, get an answer!
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2004, 10:56:38 AM »
YAY! Baxter will make his glorious return. If you make him run around a lot, I think you can enter him in a race. I would just whistle behind some plants so he'd be constantly running at me. ^_^ PETA hates me. I'm on their top 10 list of evil people who abuse all the fuzzy li'l critters of this earth.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2004, 11:14:31 AM »
Heres a question do you name every animal and if not which ones can you name?
PikkCuber

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2004, 11:27:59 AM »
*puts money on "yes"*

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2004, 07:16:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Pikkcuber
Heres a question do you name every animal and if not which ones can you name?

Yeah, you can name every animal on the farm, whether bought or bred.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2004, 10:28:47 AM »
can i have your copy when you're done with it?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2004, 12:14:59 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
Hmmm.......I'm sorry, I didn't read this whole thread, but I doubt very much that this question has been asked.

What did you guys think of Harvest Moon 3 for GBC?

That is the only Harvest Moon game I have ever played and i did not enjoy it very much.  I want to know if the limitations of the GBC effected so much that is is a completely different game form AWL.  (obviously not too different, but i think you get my point.  How does HM3compare to AWL?)

I own Harvest Moon 3 for GBC and it really isn't very good compared to Harvest Moon on the N64 and Harvest Moon on the GBA. I didn't play it nearly as much as the other two. One big thing it's missing is the whole dating aspect.  I really don't even remember too much from it, besides being underwhelmed after I had played through a good portion of it. As far as I'm concerned, the N64 and GBA version are ten times better and I'm betting the Cube version will be as well.

I think you should try one of the other Harvest Moon games before judging the series on the lackluster GBC game.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2004, 10:52:24 AM »
so the days coming up soon everybody excited?
PikkCuber

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2004, 11:32:33 AM »
Hella yes. I need to think up some good names for my animals...  

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2004, 01:23:16 PM »
Did it get delayed again? I went to my local Gamestop and they still don't have it... they said as far as they knew it was due today, but never arrived.

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2004, 04:33:01 PM »
My wife went to look for it today and both stores said the game shipped today (17th) and they expected to have it by Friday (19th). However, I've seen a couple people on other boards did find it today. So it'll be today or tomorrow depending on where you live.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2004, 08:33:03 AM »
hmm... they still don't have it, what's going on?

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2004, 03:35:09 PM »
<3 <3 <3
My copy just came in today!!!! ^_^

My memory card has about 13 blocks left.

Offline slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2004, 08:09:24 PM »
There seem to be plenty of copies in the San Gabriel Valley area in Los Angeles County.  I got mine today.  I will begin the late night gaming fest on Friday, since I have nothing better to do.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2004, 08:37:30 PM »
finally got a copy today... had to drive way in the hell to Burton.

Its an interesting game, but the learning curve is much bigger than in the GBA one. I'm tempted to sell this cow rather than keep feeding it.

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2004, 05:48:12 AM »
I posted a gameplay help board up on this, but nobody cares.  

Oh well, I had some questions there, already solved two of them, but the other two remain,

1. My farmer still looks tired and sad, I heard that if he eats something he will get happier and more rested. Is this true?

2. Also, what is with the ducks, where are they, I now have five chickens, and one chicken egg incubating, which should leave two spots left. What's the deal, do they come at the end of year one?

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2004, 03:17:23 PM »
Yeah fox i think i heard something that you need one spot open and after year 1 a duck will show up, I THINK.  I still havent found my copy yet.  My Sam Goody would not let me pre-order and they and my other video game store dont have any copys, and i refuse to buy it on the internet casue i dont want to pay shipping.
PikkCuber

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2004, 09:23:53 PM »
1. You need to eat. If you don't eat you'll get tired faster and faster. Just drink some milk or something and then buy a fishing pole ASAP.

Offline Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »

Hiya everyone. Well...this is gonna be my first post here, let's see how it works. I wanna know something about the game...I've read a lot of things about it, reviews saying it's wonderful and others saying it's not so good. I'm a huge fan of the HM series...Back to nature, despite of the graphics (well...it was launched 4 a 32-bit platform) was great, I loved it, I spent a lot of time playing it, just imagine how great would it be in a 128 one!. Now I'll buy HM A Wonderful Life, I think it just rocks...the graphics, gameplay, everything seems really good.
I dunno if it's true but, i heard that the townfolks and people in the game don't have too many things to say...I even heard that your wife doesn't deserves that title because...SHE SAYS the same thing everyday...is it true that i'll want to divorce after some days?...I don't think so, but I wanna know it from ya, the ones who are actually playing it. Thanx  
I'm a musician, a writer who only wants to express the determinations of a Soul..."Los sentimientos regocijantes abandonan espaciosamente mi entidad_ Oscuridad restante. En sueños habremos de vivir"

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2004, 05:02:51 PM »
The dialog definately could've been more varied. As much trouble as Natsume seems to have translating these games to English I guess its just as well though.

Haven't landed a wife yet, so I don't know about that.  

Offline Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2004, 05:39:27 AM »
Me too...I hope it will be good enough to keep me away from a deception...I really have a great expectation about this game. Ya know...I bought the cube because of it, and if the game doesn't measure my expectations, oh man...I'll be really disapointed. Let's cross fingers and wait to see how it is...I'll own it in two weeks.
I'm a musician, a writer who only wants to express the determinations of a Soul..."Los sentimientos regocijantes abandonan espaciosamente mi entidad_ Oscuridad restante. En sueños habremos de vivir"

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »
I just got to year two.  Each person really only seems to have new lines for each season, and then some of them get new lines in the second year. Different people move in or out of town too, so that adds a bit of variety. Your wife says a few more things, but compared to something like Animal Crossing, the dialogue is really thin.  I've played for about thirteen hours just since Wednesday so I'm lovin it, but I'm new to the series, so I don't know how it compares.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2004, 07:41:22 AM »
Ok, second year, four hens, one rooster, I have the pond, no ducks. Where are they?

What is the deal with the goats, I heard that you buy them from Van, they can not be  sold, and they only produce milk once a day for a season and then quit, thus making them totally useless. How can this be, is this true?  

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2004, 07:54:17 AM »
What is the deal with the fertilizer, how does it make better crops/seeds?

The ducks finnally came in the second year, first day of summer.

Offline moonfan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2004, 10:11:10 AM »
Fertilizer raises the rank/grade of a crop. 4 bags of it will raise the rank by 1.