Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Game Library Adds Game Boy Color, Expansion Pack Game Boy Advance Games  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

No Lunar Chase. We're going to have words, Nintendo.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/62810/nintendo-switch-game-library-adds-game-boy-color-expansion-pack-game-boy-advance-games

Nintendo Switch Online subscribers are about to get some new game libraries, with two coming for the Expansion Pack.

Starting later today, all Nintendo Switch Online members will be able to download a Game Boy (Color) application. The launch lineup will include GB Tetris, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Gargoyle's Quest, Game and Watch Gallery 3, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Wario Land 3, and Kirby's Dream Land. Oracle of Seasons/Ages, the Pokemon Trading Card Game, and Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble are included as future releases.

Also available today for holders of the NSO Expansion Pack is a Game Boy Advance library. Included at launch will be Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 including the e-Reader levels, WarioWare: Mega Microgame$, Kuru Kuru Kururin, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Coming soon will be Metroid Fusion, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Fire Emblem ("The Blazing Blade"), F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, and Golden Sun will release later on.

Both libraries will include local and online multiplayer for Link Cable titles.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Pokémon is notably absent.

Super Mario Bros. 3 with the e-reader levels is pretty neat-o. I was going to try to find a ROM hack, but this is easier. I’m already paying for the Expansion Pack.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Not going to lie, this was the part of the Direct that got me the most excited.  The OG Gameboy is a very underrated system so it's great to see some of it's best games will now be on the Switch.  It's also great to see they'll be giving the option for the Gameboy Color palette options to all games as well.  That's the thing that was disappointing about the 3DS GB emulation is they didn't offer that for all the games, even though they were releasing GBC games along side them.

Now I would have liked Super Gameboy options as well, but I'll be grateful for the GBC ones.  Seriously, playing OG Gameboy games with the GBC palettes improve them since the added different colors makes enemies and environmental hazards easier to see now.

Oh and with GBA games being added to the Expansion Pack, that $50 price tag is almost a steal with the amount of games available on the service now.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
They announced Kirby Tilt and Tumble coming later.

Does that mean that will also add WarioWare Twisted?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Pokémon is notably absent.

They showed the TCG Gameboy game as coming soon. I know some fans are expecting the GBA games to be announced during Pokémon Day, but I'm not so sure.

I do hope they do something with the GB games and find a way to link them to Home and Stadium.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
This is good timing! I was holding out until the last minute of the Wii U and 3DS eShops closing before going on a spending spree, just in case anything was announced, so this saved me a bundle I would have spent on GB/C/A games for those systems! I did however, already buy SMA4 for the e-Reader levels on Wii U, but at least I played it when I bought it so it wasn't a complete waste.

I s'pose there's still a question of which games might release onto this service and if there may still be a few games I want to download on Wii U or 3DS... hm...

I am super excited to try playing Alone in the Dark again with modern things like save states xD The huge pixel FMV always facinated me. It's like an accidental impressionist game
"Fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh"

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I am super excited to try playing Alone in the Dark again with modern things like save states xD The huge pixel FMV always facinated me. It's like an accidental impressionist game

This is also one of the more fascinating titles for me on the system. I remember reading about this game and never trying it and seeing something trying to be this ambitious is quite a neat ride.

Also playing a ton of Game & Watch. I loved the old ones on GameBoy and played a ton of the ones I did have so seeing one I missed is really great.

Wondering where Mario Land 1 is since we got the second off the bat.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast