Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Best of the 3DS eShop: 2013 Releases (Part 3)

<< < (2/2)

pokepal148:
I know I own one of the Ai Race games on 3DS but IDR which one. It was alright but kind of unremarkable.

M.K.Ultra:
I just realized I have Star Wars pinball. I did not buy it outright. I think I got it from a humble bundle or something similar. It is made by Zen so it is high quality and the 3D looks great. They even made stereoscopic 3D tables for PS3 and PS4, which look great on a 3D TV. Anyway, if you like pinball simulators and Star Wars this is worth getting.

ejamer:
Star Wars Pinball - The Zen Studio pinball games are typically very good... but it's hard to recommend this specific one without caveats. There is a game-breaking bug in the first table that prevents you from being able to complete one of the missions. Zen Studios was made aware, but either couldn't or weren't willing to provide a patch. The Boba Fett table also is a rather poor recreation of other platforms. As a whole, it's not a terrible package - but it's perhaps the least impressive of the three 3DS pinball games they've released. Still a fun enough game if you enjoy pinball though.

Rage of the Gladiator - Do you like Punch-Out!!? Do you like the idea of a very similar game with a fantasy setting, various upgrade paths you can pick from, and special/magical powers? Rage of the Gladiator is a surprisingly good package and worth trying. It's also only available via WiiWare, 3DS eShop, and mobile platforms.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - Most of us know what this is. Not my kind of game, but well worth playing if you like Phoenix Wright.

Picross e3 - Most of us know what this is. My kind of game, and well worth playing if you like puzzle games.

Niche games that are worth playing... but only if they fall into your desired niche...
* Summer Carnival '92 RECCA
* Boulder Dash-XL 3D
* AiRace Speed
* Solomon's Key
* Star Soldier

The only game that gets a full recommendation from me at this point is Rage of the Gladiator.

Order.RSS:

--- Quote from: ejamer on April 03, 2022, 08:48:04 PM ---Star Wars Pinball - The Zen Studio pinball games are typically very good... but it's hard to recommend this specific one without caveats. There is a game-breaking bug in the first table that prevents you from being able to complete one of the missions. Zen Studios was made aware, but either couldn't or weren't willing to provide a patch. The Boba Fett table also is a rather poor recreation of other platforms. As a whole, it's not a terrible package - but it's perhaps the least impressive of the three 3DS pinball games they've released. Still a fun enough game if you enjoy pinball though.

--- End quote ---

Played it on Wii U and had similar technical problems. I do still prefer its tables over the ones in Zen Pinball 2 though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version