Author Topic: Your Megaton Game Setup  (Read 74271 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« on: May 22, 2003, 10:14:33 PM »
Alot of peopel have some cool cribs...iv changed the subject slightly from just game setups to cribs. It be cool to see what all your houses look like.

here is a friends room...i call him the Nintendo Cleric because he spreads the ways of Nintendo and he once lived in the holy land of fandome. This was his house.

http://gamerrant.gamewoo.com/ws.html

my room should be up shortly...as soon as i clean it...it is small things fall of the shelves..i keep alot of toy swords....  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 10:20:16 PM »

i wish i had a room like that, thats so fking awsome!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 11:05:29 PM »
I truly admire his dedication.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 11:09:54 PM »
Where in god's green earth did he get those posters?!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 01:03:41 AM »
i want that majora's mask poster!! my room, www.jaran.de/piac pales in comparison!

most of you have prolly seen my room allready well, piacs room update, piac sleeps nude in oxygen tent that he belives gives him sexual powers!
err, i mean, ill be redoing that peonistic website with current photos of my room, i finnally took that bowl to the kitchen to be washed!
youl see soon

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 01:36:02 AM »
Wow, how many copies of Pokemon did he feel the need to own? There's like a million copies of Red and Yellow!
... And I want that Wario plush toy ;_;

*Awaits PIAC's updated photos* =D

Offline DevilishDude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 02:26:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Wow, how many copies of Pokemon did he feel the need to own? There's like a million copies of Red and Yellow!
... And I want that Wario plush toy ;_;

*Awaits PIAC's updated photos* =D

i think they may be VHS tapes
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 07:58:15 AM »
yes they are vhs tapes ...you know i wish i had more pics left on the camera when i took those..i took really high resolution pics as you can tell...he shared the room with his brother....on half of the room..the one you can see is all Nintendo..the other...all Bob Marley.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 09:27:54 AM »
I have one of those Wario plushies plus a Luigi plushie too.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 01:18:09 PM »
That's pretty fugging incredible.  I will post a pic of my hovel sometime, but it really doesn't look much like a die hard Nintendo fanboy's room.  I am just broke is all, and can't afford a lot of Nintendo merchandise.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 03:39:59 PM »
Why pay for stuff when you can get it for free? If you see promotional/display items at stores, ask whoever's on duty what they do with their stuff. Outside of a dedicated game retailer, they usually just toss stuff out. Still, game retailers get stuff like this weekly, so a few weeks after a game's release they usually chuck the promos for newer stuff. i've gotten tons of displays and whatnot like this over the years. Too bad i don't have the space to put much of it up; i'd really love to have a spot to hang my Kirby Pillow.

"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 04:31:25 PM »
that is one thing my friend alex did for me.....he managed to get me some stuff out of eb games, things they would just normally throw away.
http://gamerrant.gamewoo.com/catED.jpg

the page with some update
http://gamerrant.gamewoo.com/ws.html

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2003, 07:14:57 AM »
HAHA @ ThePerm. I remember those from the old forums. Actually, do you remember Marcus's picture of him as Goku ? Ah memories memories

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2003, 09:30:27 AM »
ahaha i still have that picture of Marcus on my hd somewhere...i got pics of me doing my goku and vegita impressions too..i should put those up...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 09:11:08 PM »
hmm maybe ill put on ma pic of all my nintendo action figures....that wont show my messy room.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 08:35:33 AM »
I said I would post this the other day, but I somehow kept forgetting to bring these pictures with me.  They aren't recent, and are a couple of months old, but I can't take new ones as I can't be arsed to borrow a digital camera from the library.  Anyways, here's a picture of my room from a few months ago.

Pic 1

This pic is a shot of my desk, with an overall shot of how I live.    You can see a few boxes of sleeping pills on the top shelf, along with several unopened Pepsi bottles with Star Wars Episode I pictures on them.  (Yeah, I'm weird.)  There's also a lot of empty pop bottles and junk from richer times...  Also of note is a framed midterm that marked the first time I actually did well in a class since high school 3 years ago.    It's a testament to my true geek powers.

On the desk is the remains of many snack items, more empty pop bottles, and some of my hardware.  You can see 2 of my 4 speakers, along with my GameCube, antique VCR, N64, and GBA.  You can also see my incredibly flickering TV, and my nice, yet small and old Monitor.

Pic 2

Here's a good shot of the innards of my computer.  You can see a piece of my massive heatsink/CPU fan combo behind my rounded IDE cable... and my very dusty expansion cards.  (Yeah, I am lazy).  The top card is a GeForce3 Ti200, the second one is my NIC, and the bottom is a Soundblaster Live!.  The cable modem can be seen closer to the camera, and my jungle of wires in the background.  It's been said that dangerous creatures live in that jungle, but they haven't killed me yet.  I figure that if I leave them alone, they leave me alone.

Pic 3

Here's a shot of my games and DVDs, and a piece of my VHS collection.  Eternal Darkness, Rogue Leader, and the new demo disc are all absent however, as the demo disc hadn't been released at the time of this picture being taken, and Eternal Darkness and Rogue Leader are being held hostage by my sister.  I might have to buy new copies at some point.  The Grinch is there simply because I am a Dr. Seuss fan, and I got it for a good price.  I don't think I have ever actually watched the DVD.  lol

Pic 4

Here's a shot of my wall, along with ME! (and some more of my garbage)  The Budweiser poster has been through hell, but it looks cooler if the camera flash isn't bounced off of it in a strange way.  The Kiss poster directly behind me of course has a lot of fans, and is in much better condition.    (It's my favorite poster of course.  One of the few benefits of not living at home any more.)  To the right is my poster of Star Wars Episode II, which is embedded into like this cutting board material.  It's pretty cool actually, but it's huge, and I can't roll it up when moving.  I never know what to do with it either, so it always gets shoved into a corner.  My other Star Wars stuff is strangely missing from these pictures, but suffice to say that I have a LOT of Star Wars merchandise.

Anyways, that's my room, and that's my game setup.    Hope you enjoyed the tour.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 09:07:21 AM »
Bah, I'm too lazy to take pictures of my setup and then post them on the internet, so I'll just describe it as best as possible. On one wall of my room I have a black computer desk (no computer as of yet but there will be soon!)- on the desk I have a DVD rack that holds my collection of 18 Gamecube games and 8 PS2 games. I have a CD rack right next to it holding my 14 Dreamcast games. On top of that I have my 3 PSX game (I'll be getting more soon, don't worry). I have my 17 N64 games in a little compartment above all that. On the other side of the wall I have a white shelf unit me and my dad built- it's roughly 3 feet high actually only has one shelf, which runs halfway across the thing:

|-----------------|
|...........|..........|
|--------|..........|
|...........|..........|
|...........|..........|

The dashes represent shelf and the periods are blank space.

I have my 20" flatscreen TV on top of the whole thing, with my satellite reciever and PS2 (in it's verticle position) to the leftover space to the right of it. On the halfshelf in the middle I have my Gamecube and Dreamcast and behind them my power strip to which everything is plugged into. I have some bins in the open space on the right side of the shelf unit which I store all my console accessories (controllers, memory cards, extension cables, etc). There's roughly 5 inches of space on top of the bins which is where I have my A/V switchbox so I don't have to constantly unplug and replug cables when I want to play different systems. Under the halfshelf in the middle are a bunch of books and game guides I have. I may post pictures eventually, but you guys will have to use your imagination for now.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2003, 09:33:21 PM »
Mouseclicker, it sounds like you have a LOT of money to spend on video games.    Seriously though, you should post pictures.  I would like to see it.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2003, 12:29:14 AM »
wha-ho! that is all I can say.
I hate my room now.
The shameful interrog8ion room.
*cries*

But holy crap. I think it would be 20 years before Sony or Microsoft see loyalty along these lines.
I'm at least proud of that.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2003, 04:23:58 AM »
There's not much to see in my room, because I use the main TV (flat 76cm widescreen) in the house to play my console games (due to the fact I live with my parents).  And I don't have my own computer 'cos, my room is too small to fit one (and partly because I'm a tight ass!).

But I really should take a picture of the two Duracell Bunnys I have (which you can't get in the shops) which are 32cm tall.  I have the 1998 World Cup (with adidas soccer boots) bunny and drum bunny (and they walk!).  I also have two framed Star Wars posters, a framed poster of former Green Bay Packer's Reggie White.  On my shelves, I have three Star Wars plastic model kits (X-Wing, Darth Vadar's TIE Fighter and the Millennium Falcon), Star Wars figures, plus Transformers toys.  And my GBA.  At the moment, I'm collecting Zoids plastic model kits, but sadly, I have no room to fit them in (they look so cool).  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2003, 05:38:29 AM »
Ninja: I'm 15, so I don't have anything else to spend the money on, and last summer I had a job delivering papers that paid $230 a month. I also have rather rich relatives who like to give me money on birthdays and Christmas.

I may post some pictures- if I do, it won't be for a while (I'm going to Atlanta!).
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2003, 08:44:04 AM »
hells yea nerds unite.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2003, 10:04:03 AM »
your 15 mouse clicker o_O blimey, i had you pegged between 18-20ish, also this thread reminded me to finnish up my film to post my updated room (some new additions, sadly no new posters)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2003, 05:53:38 PM »
my room has enough space for a tv, and my desk *might* fit a computer, but we use the spare room for the computer. Lots of space there, and I have a large living room for the 83cm TV, and great sound. I'll have a pic up.
And some of you guys should make an investment in a digital camera and some imaging software like Photo-paint or photoshop. It's totally worth it.

yes, nerds of the world unite. thanks nolimit. meh.
My room (different one, in old house) used to be full of posters like the Alex dude. But I chucked more of them out. It made me look too nerdy. I had those massive movie sized N64 posters of Rogue Squadron and Banjo Kazooie. Remember them? The closest I have to that now is a very small OoT one, it's under the Metroid Prime poster and next to the Wind Waker poster in my room.

"Written and directed by: You"
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Your Megaton Game Setup
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2003, 10:13:56 PM »
Finally after a 3 day down time i can post my setup
iv added my room pics at the bottom.
My Megaton Game Crib!!!!

laos i hope to see other peoples cribs..hehe i was watching mtv and realised i was doing a msall verison of cribs..