Author Topic: Remember this  (Read 6215 times)

Offline foolish03

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Remember this
« on: October 04, 2005, 04:08:22 PM »
THEY KNEW

As you can see they knew the revolution would be slightly slanted on one side for the cradle.  They had seen the revolution months before.  Then they made this so called "mockup" of the system. Pay close attention to ign's mockups of various add-ons and peripherals.  They just might be the real deal.
"If you can read these letters, Your waisting your time..."
---------------------------------------

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE:Remember this
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 04:12:42 PM »
We've discussed all there is to discuss of that mockup...

I think the most popular belief is that IGN knew, but there are skeptics.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
RE: Remember this
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 04:26:21 PM »
My main point really was to keep a close eye on future mockups.  They may be hinting at some things nintendo recently showed them.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 04:29:04 PM »
And my main point was that it's an old topic.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »
Hadn't seen that before.  What an lol mock-up.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »
That mockup was made AFTER perrin kaplan announced the size of the Rev (I think it was on the USA today article or something like that, and it was right before E3), I remember that perfectly.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 05:34:24 PM »

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede

If its that serious to you then how about you not respond to the topic.  Oviously its not for you.  

Anyways heres one of their latest mockups.

Docking station

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 05:43:57 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
That mockup was made AFTER perrin kaplan announced the size of the Rev (I think it was on the USA today article or something like that, and it was right before E3), I remember that perfectly.

What are you talking about.  Perrin kaplan didnt announce that the revo would be dockable.  Did he reveal screenshots of the system.......NO  Heres what im getting at if you havnt already figured it out.

Revo vs mockup  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 05:44:56 PM »
wow  i must  have  known  too  since  i  made m y own  mockup just l ike that...or maybe  because  they  announced how  big it was and from that  you  can  surmise what it looks  like...honestly  xbox  360,  rev  and ps3  all  look pretty much  identical aside  from  a  few  curve  changes..their all slim  rectangular  objects
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 05:46:24 PM »
read my above post and look at the picture.  It has nothing to do with the size.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 06:00:23 PM »
Perrin is a she and what he(Mantidor) was saying is that not that she announced that it would be dockable but that she said that it would be the size of 3 dvd cases.  

this honestly has been discussed to death in some other topic somewhere, and those mock ups are by a ign forum member that happens to be really talented in photoshop.  I don't think those "concept" arts are hinting at anything, but it does seem logical that some of those concpets would be close to what will actually be produced.

IGN most likely did see the rev ahead of time, which is why the docking station was included on Matts little dvd case mock-up. end of story & really old topic.  

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 07:02:01 PM »
" Nintendo has described its forthcoming next-generation console, codenamed Revolution, as "very, very sleek." The company also says the machine will be no thicker than three DVD cases stacked flatly on top of each other. And not much wider, either. "

So pretty much they stacked three dvd cases and wrapped a piece of paper with the words "Teh Nintedo Revolution" around it.
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline pudu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 07:20:17 PM »

Originally posted by: foolish03

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede

If its that serious to you then how about you not respond to the topic.  Oviously its not for you.  

Anyways heres one of their latest mockups.

Docking station

That and other mockups they've shown are done by a forum user on IGN...makes me wonder why I'm not getting my arse in gear and sending them stuff because I can make models that look that good...  Hmm if we get any cool ideas and I have some time apart from school/work I could work on making it 3d

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 12:50:19 AM »

What are you talking about.  Perrin kaplan didnt announce that the revo would be dockable.  Did he reveal screenshots of the system.......NO  Heres what im getting at if you havnt already figured it out.

foolish03? More like foolish8000! Perrin Kaplan is a she. You made me laugh though.

Any way if IGN truly knew then why the slant on the wrong side? Eh eh.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 03:12:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Mr. Segali
" Nintendo has described its forthcoming next-generation console, codenamed Revolution, as "very, very sleek." The company also says the machine will be no thicker than three DVD cases stacked flatly on top of each other. And not much wider, either. "

So pretty much they stacked three dvd cases and wrapped a piece of paper with the words "Teh Nintedo Revolution" around it.

Okay everyone knew it would be three dvd cases thick.  Nintendo announced that.  But nobody but those who saw the revolution knew that it would be have a slant on one side so that it would be able to stand up right.  Obviously someone knew exactly how the rev looked in order to make that mockup. If it was done by a forum user then ign gave him specific descriptions on the look of the system from seeing it previously.

And who gives a rats *** if perrin is a male or female, that wasnt my point.  You nintendo diehards are uptight stiff necks.  Calm down a bit.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 03:41:14 AM »
Yeah. I just looked at those things again. And it wasn't slanted anywhere.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 05:43:35 AM »
It's pretty obvious they knew...Kaplan made no mention of a stand, yet IGN had to include something of the sort in their mockup...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 05:46:22 AM »
yes it is.  The dark slanted area on the left side represents the docking bay.  Get your eyes checked bud.

Look again
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/jdub03/revo1.jpg

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 07:43:09 AM »
Get your tinfoil hat checked, I think the control waves are getting through again.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 09:47:31 AM »

The dark slanted area on the left side represents the docking bay.
Except the docking bay is on the wrong side of the console in the IGN mockup.  Phail.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 11:29:38 AM »
does it really matter what side its on.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »
how well does something the size of 3 dvd cases standon its side? not very well reasing for docking case...oh yeah ps2 had one too also..didnt the remake of ps2 have an even closer one to the oen thats on rev....?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 12:02:37 PM »
Geez, grasping for straws arent we.  Do you guys even know why your arguing anymore, or is it that you debate for the sake of argument.   Theres no doubt in my mind ign saw the revo before the announcement was made, and since nobody can prove me wrong or right its pointless to argue.  Anyways ill be paying close attention to ign in the future.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 12:22:47 PM »
We are arguing over whether or not the random positioning of a piece of paper as its badly wrapped around 3 dvd cases constitutes prophecy...

Seriously, assuming for a second that you looking at the edge of a sheet of paper actually means something...

Why would IGN know enough to include an etched dock, but put the disc slot on the wrong side completely?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 12:56:18 PM »
because they weren't going for an accurate depiction because that would probably violate some NDA, so instead they put everything they know on there inaccurately, but still including the details that they knew of. Besides Matt admitted that he threw that together really quickly, hence the slanted part on the wrong side of the box, and the cd slot on the wrong side of the box.

Its really not all that hard to understand, I don't see why there is a debate about it.

Why would they have included the slanted part on thier "mock-up" if they didn't know there was going to be a docking station? That is extra work that you wouldn't do on purpose unless it had a purpose.