Author Topic: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Ships  (Read 5229 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Ships
« on: October 04, 2005, 12:25:26 PM »
Now you don't have to think about your next game purchase!

KONAMI'S CASTLEVANIA: DAWN OF SORROW FOR THE NINTENDO DS WHIPS ONTO STORE SHELVES NATIONWIDE    

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - October 4, 2005 - Konami Digital Entertainment -  America, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today  that the highly anticipated game CastlevaniaR: Dawn of SorrowT  for the  Nintendo DST has shipped to retail stores nationwide.  Bringing all of the  nostalgia of 2D gaming to the DS, this robust title also includes an  incredibly deep storyline and innovative features that utilize the handheld  system's unique capabilities.    

Continuing the storyline from the critically-acclaimed CastlevaniaR: Aria of  SorrowT, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow follows Soma Cruz who finds himself at  the center of a mysterious cult's plan to resurrect their evil lord and  master, Dracula.  Players will find themselves in the role of Soma, the  game's protagonist, as they infiltrate the enemy's lair, a towering replica  of Dracula's castle, and battle against gruesome creatures and the  franchise's signature oversized bosses.    

Specifically crafted for the Nintendo DS by the award-winning producer Koji  Igarashi and his creative team, the game features the "Magic Seal" system,  which utilizes the Nintendo DS' touch screen and gives players the ability  to defeat and lock away evil spirits. Players can also exchange or trade  acquired souls with other players as well as race another gamer through  custom made maps in 'Versus' mode via the DS wireless connection.  Drawing  inspiration from the past Castlevania titles and their role playing roots,  players can, through an enhanced Tactical Soul System, collect more souls  than ever before to upgrade abilities and skills.  Completing this  compelling gaming experience are its stunning graphics, special effects as  well as an all-new musical score.    

Nearing its 20th anniversary, the Castlevania franchise is known for its  classic platform-jumping, problem-solving and combat elements and includes  such games as the beloved CastlevaniaR: Symphony of the NightT (PlayStationR  game console, 1997), CastlevaniaR: Harmony of DissonanceT (Game BoyR  Advance, 2002) and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Game Boy Advance, 2003).    

To learn more about Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, please visit Konami's  website at http://www.konami.com/gs    

About CASTLEVANIA   Since the original CastlevaniaR established itself as one of the premiere  franchises in the action/adventure category in 1986 on the NES (Nintendo  Entertainment System), the series has continued to thrill gamers with  critically acclaimed titles including Super CastlevaniaR IV (Super  Nintendo), CastlevaniaR:  Symphony of the NightT (PlayStation game console),  CastlevaniaR:  Circle of the MoonT (Game Boy Advance), CastlevaniaR:  Harmony of DissonanceT (Game Boy Advance) and CastlevaniaR:  Aria of SorrowT  (Game Boy Advance). The series follows the adventures of the Belmont Clan, a  long line of Vampire hunters whose only charge is to combat the fearsome  forces of the evil Dracula. Epic storylines, a wide array of monsters to  battle, and classic gameplay that has been refined throughout the years have  helped CastlevaniaR earn a prominent place in videogame history.

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
RE:Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Ships
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:56:39 PM »
There goes my money...
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:30:19 PM »
Mine too.... just paid for it in full so I can waltz in there tomorrow and pick it up... that and MegaMan Zero 4.

Traded in Advance Wars Dual Strike and Nintendogs
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Ships
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 01:40:15 PM »
You WHAT?

...I hate you....
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:58:11 PM »
My brother got a DS a little over a week ago for Advance Wars: Dual Strike.  This game is high on his list of must-owns but he doesn't have much money so he's hoping to get it for Christmas.  Normally that's not an issue but it was with Aria of Sorrow.  The Christmas of the year it was released I saw no copies in stores whatsoever and I still have never seen a used one.  The game disappeared after like a month.  So is this going to happen again?  Should I snag a copy right away?  I figure no one would actually be able to know that but if by some miracle someone does I would appreciate a suggestion on what to do.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 02:01:01 PM »
I doubt it.  This is a big DS title, they need to push it in order to sell systems, so it's not going to just disappear.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 02:35:25 PM »
Hey Ian, now that you have regular access to a DS, what do you think of it?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »
I'm gonna try and get this game tomorrow along with Advance Wars DS, Trace Memory, Trauma Centre, and possibly a used copy of Aria Of Sorrow. Obviously I have stuf to trade in: Advance Wars (euro version), Advance Wars 2, and Feel The Magic.

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 06:54:59 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
You WHAT?

...I hate you....

Haha, I just had my fill with Nintendogs... once you've played it for like 20 minutes a day for like 5 days you've already done everything you can do (sans doing it again with another dog or collecting all the items)... and Advance Wars turned out to not be my cup of tea (it was a great game, but a little too hard for me to get into, I dunno, maybe I'm slow).

The biggest issue was money though... I HAVE to get Castlevania DS, MegaMan Zero 4 and Gunstar Super Heroes... and they all come out this month... that and Seven Force; he pretty much made me do it.
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 12:42:33 AM »
Copies are abundant here in Europe but then again I didn't have any trouble getting Aria of Sorrow, either. Perhaps Konami doesn't think Castlevania sells in the US.

EDIT: Oops, inserted wrong manufacturer.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 04:22:04 AM »
My copy is on a FedEX truck making it's way to my today.  And I haven't even gotten the chance to play Trace Memory or Lost in Blue yet because I have been Playing Lunar Dargon Song.  Ugg, too many games coming out at the same time, and of course I already ordered them all.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 07:15:34 AM »
"Hey Ian, now that you have regular access to a DS, what do you think of it?"

Hard to say.  My brother hasn't let me have any serious playtime with it yet.  I don't think I'd be able to get an accurate impression from Advance Wars though since it pretty much plays like a GBA game.  I did get to fool around in Pictochat and I SUCKED.  I can't draw worth sh!t with the stylus.  It seems really... "slippery" to me like it's always sliding while I move it.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 02:24:24 PM »
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow GET!  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 11:00:23 PM »
I can't draw worth sh!t with the stylus. It seems really... "slippery" to me like it's always sliding while I move it.

Don't worry, that's normal at first. I had the same problem with my graphics tablet at first.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 05:49:25 PM »
my  biggest problem  right  now  is  im  freaking  broke  and  cant  buy  all  these great games
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 04:12:50 AM »
EB Australia imported tons
there selling for...80 australian and there white cases
dodgy

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 06:48:47 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
EB Australia imported tons
there selling for...80 australian and there white cases
dodgy

You serious! That's a bloody outrage that is! You can get em for $A55ish from DVDCrave starting the 10th or 11th of October.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€