Author Topic: Kirby's Air Ride  (Read 4181 times)

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« on: May 05, 2003, 07:59:39 PM »
Who is looking foward to this? Since the new Mario Kart has that 2 people to a kart idea >< its killing me. This game actually looks cool. I'm gonna check this out further but whats your guys opinions about it? I need some racing games and I'm looking foward to F-Zero. I can't seem to find Burnout 2 anywhere but I haven't heard a lot about it.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

RE: Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »
I read a little bit about Kirby's Air Ride and I, for one, look forward to burning my wallet even more when it comes out ;p

Oh, and Burnout 2 ROCKS!! OMG, it is one of the greatest racing games out for the GCN.  I unlocked everything in 2 days (mind you, I played the game for the PS2 months ago and I knew what I was doing), but the replay value is definately there. Okay, enough about this game -- highly recommended.

Kirby's Air Ride... yeah, I look forward to playing a demo of it in a few months... if it comes out when F-Zero does... ouch!  What a hit to my wallet!!
Gaming is more than entertainment, it's a lifestyle.

USA Allied Wallpaper

Offline "Sky"

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 08:10:11 PM »

Originally posted by: NintendoKiD
Who is looking foward to this? Since the new Mario Kart has that 2 people to a kart idea >< its killing me.

You are being a bit premature aren't you? Considering:
A) All you have is some info and screens.
B) You haven't even seen it in motion.
C) You haven't even played it yet.

Oh... and it's two characters, not two people.

Kirby's Air Ride looks... well... I dunno... somewhat alright I guess... but seems that IGN wishes it stayed cancelled. Has this game ever been exhibited in playable form in the past for the N64?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 08:16:14 PM »
i remember this when it was slated to be released shortly after the 64 was launched. either way ill prolly check this out, and mario kart.. and fzero.. and... a few bank robberies later, some more titles

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 08:19:52 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
i remember this when it was slated to be released shortly after the 64 was launched. either way ill prolly check this out, and mario kart.. and fzero.. and... a few bank robberies later, some more titles

So you'll be able to experience racing first hand

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 09:14:10 PM »
Oldman Nintendo, that is one eff'in good avatar you got!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 09:48:37 PM »
Kirby's Air RIde, Mother 3, Too Human... when are they going to tell us Thornado is back in development?

KAR looks great to me, though certainly I may be biased after waiting so long since they teased us with the N64 demo. It's come a long way since then though, and I really don't think HAL will dissapoint us.
I'm glad to see Wheelie's in it, but I hope some more obscure baddies make it in, like U.F.O., Capsule J., or Keke. Unfortunately frogs cant fly, so we'll be seeing yet another Kirby game without my lovable namesake.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 08:25:32 AM »
I think there's a lot more to Kirby's Air Ride than most people think.
I doubt it's just a traditional racing game. I get the feeling it's more of a racing/adventure game with levels and boss-battles, etc...
Hal is a great developer and it's not just going to create some useless MK clone. I'm sure the game will be more than unique enough to warrant it being released the same year as MK and those fiends at IGN will eat their words.

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 11:51:30 AM »
"You are being a bit premature aren't you? Considering:
A) All you have is some info and screens.
B) You haven't even seen it in motion.
C) You haven't even played it yet."

He has the right to judge all three of theese, it's called impressions and interest.  You don't just buy a game because it has fantastic gameplay, you buy what interests you.  Kirby Air Ride has 0 interest towards me and I doubt that will change...due to F-Zero, Burnout 2, AND MKD.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 12:49:03 PM »
I'm very skeptical about this single button gameplay.  However, I am looking forward to this game as a whole, I have full confidence in HAL as a developer.

However, when this game was first shown, wasn't it an adventure game?
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 01:05:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Biohazard

He has the right to judge all three of theese, it's called impressions and interest.  You don't just buy a game because it has fantastic gameplay, you buy what interests you.

How about this... do you think it is right to completely pass judgement on a game and decide right off the bat that you're not going to buy it or even pay attention to it just because of a few screens?

Besides... from what he said in the past I think he has the misconception that it's 2 people per kart, when in reality it's 2 characters.

And perhaps Kirby's Air Ride has come a long way. We'll see what happens with it at E3.

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 07:27:58 PM »
Sky did I say I wansnt going to buy it? And by two people I meant characters. I said it doesnt interest me two people to a kart, where the originality? Its gotta be the old skool karts I grew up with, not this two to a kart stuff. I mean I'll check out the game, but at the moment Kirby's Air Ride interests me more. And thanks about the Burnout 2 suggestions, I'll be sure to check it out.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 10:17:40 PM »
Heh, the one button gameplay in Kirbys Air Ride interests me. So you just use one button while racing? How can you brake and accelerate with just one button? Do you use up and down to go forward and backwards?

The game looks really cool, i like the simple graphics and level design etc. looks like a lot of fun to play, which is the most important thing.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2003, 06:04:52 AM »
I'm definitely going to get this game, especially since my sister wants it.  We've both always been Kirby fans

The single button works because you don't have to hold a button to accelerate.  There one to brake, and after you release the brake you get a boost.  You can also suck people up, gain their powers, and use those powers to help win yourself the race.  Looks very fun.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 03:33:05 AM »
Wow. Kirby's Air Ride got a solid 8,9,8,9 from Famitsu. Thats 34 out of 40. Thats higher than what F-Zero GX got! Man, this game must be awesome.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 03:58:06 AM »
I never doubted Kirby and those Famitsu scores really made my day. I mean people were making such a big deal over GX cause it was being made by Sega and thrashing Kirby cause of it's looks. While GX's score isn't bad, it just proves that when it comes to good game Nintendo just can't be beat. Both are racing, both are Nintendo franchise, the one with the more hype turned not as good as the one getting thrashed.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2003, 07:05:36 AM »
when's this game due out?  it seems to be over-shadowed by f-zero and and mkd so i haven't heard too much about it.

-------------------------
wisdom is wasted on the old.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline kennyb27

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2003, 07:52:19 AM »
It's due out October 13th.  Which is about halfway between F-Zero, which ships August 25th, and MarioKart, which ships November 17th.  
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2003, 10:03:05 AM »
And I'm buying all three.

The Kirby's Air Ride official site (in Japanese) has many cool videos.  I'm not sure how to get there anymore, but if I find it I'll let you know.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline kennyb27

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2003, 12:33:28 PM »

And I'm buying all three.
I second that.  And from what I see, it will be a $150 well spent.
-Kenny

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 02:11:24 PM »
First off, Terranigma Freak, awesome screen name.
Man, that was the best SNES RPG ever.

Aaaanywaaay I've been looking foward to Kirby's Air Ride since I first saw screens from the N64 version back in 1996. No joke. The obscure Kirby games have always been my favorite. Kirby's Dream Course remains my favorite Kirby game ever. A GOLF GAME WITH BRUTAL TWO PLAYER FUN!

BRING IT ON YOU PINK HEAP OF GOO!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2003, 03:25:29 PM »
Dream Course is awesome.  All-star was very cool, too, but it took me forever to find the ROM.  I'm a Kirby fan, so Air Ride is a must-get.

Yup, Kenny.  That's 150 dollars down a very good drain.