Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming
Official Sales Thread
<< < (2/2359) > >>
Edfishy:

$5 says Nintendo is in 1st place same time next year, or at least by January 2008.
--- End quote ---

*Ahem*... you mean "500 Wii Points".
vudu:
Gamasutra reports that Wii has an initial tie-in ratio of 3.0!  Yowie-zowie!
On the Playstation 3, GameStop found its top titles were Resistance and Madden, while on Wii, The Legend of Zelda and Red Steel were the top sellers. The Wii and PS3 achieved software/hardware tie ratios of 3.0 and 1.5 respectively.
--- End quote ---
I assume these numbers are just for GameStop/EB Games.  My assumption is that the tie-in ratio of these stores is higher than that of stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, so it's probably lower in real life.  However, it does at least give us something to talk about.
couchmonkey:
Yeah, the PS3 tie-in is probably lower overall too, though.  Wii is going strong...I can't wait until the Japanese and European launches...it could become the number 1 next-gen console in Japan in just one day.
Ian Sane:
"Gamasutra reports that Wii has an initial tie-in ratio of 3.0! Yowie-zowie!"

Don't a lot of stores force bundles at launch though?  That sort of thing could skewer the results.  But then I imagine the PS3 would have that affecting it as well, unless WiiSports or VC titles are counted which I doubt.
WuTangTurtle:

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Yeah, the PS3 tie-in is probably lower overall too, though.  Wii is going strong...I can't wait until the Japanese and European launches...it could become the number 1 next-gen console in Japan in just one hour.
--- End quote ---

Fixed
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version