Author Topic: Episode 168: Well Written Writing  (Read 1658 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Episode 168: Well Written Writing
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »

I would walk 500 miles, just from watching all these Xenoblade trailers.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/39637/episode-168-well-written-writing

We're walkin', yes indeed and we're talkin'… about Zelda and Xenoblade, on this week's episode of Connectivity. So come take a stroll with us. First, Scott, Alex, and Nick will embark on a quest to discover if it's even possible to make a good television series based on The Legend of Zelda.

Then, in our second segment, Alex and Scott are joined by special guest James Jones! They discuss their mutual love that is Xenoblade Chronicles.

Don't forget you can send listener mail to us by clicking here. We'll be recording another music segment about your favorite winter/snow level tracks, so be sure to submit yours ASAP if you want it included. Also, please give us a rating and review on iTunes.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 168: Well Written Writing
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 04:44:14 AM »
Good show.

On the Netflix Zelda: However it turns out in the end, I hope it gets made. This cross-media expansion of Nintendo's characters is something that's needed.

On Xenoblade talk: Yay! More Xenoblade talk. Raising affinity between party members did give perks in battle. It made chances to increase battle morale occur more frequently. Battle morale affected stuff like critical hits, iirc.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 168: Well Written Writing
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »
Party affinity in Xenoblade also affected your gem crafting options, although for most people that was probably not a big deal.

Enjoyed the episode a lot. I agree that a Hyrule-based series focused on non-Link characters would be good - something that gives the background of the the kingdom, explains how evil took root before Link gets there to save the day might be cool.  It'll be interesting to see what they choose to do regardless.  (Caveat: interesting doesn't mean good.)  The Xenoblade talk is always fun because I'm one of the people who essentially bought a Wii U because the sequel was announced. Sure, there are lots of other good games on the consoles - but promise of a Xenoblade sequel was the "killer app" I needed.

Also, laughed at the dismissal of the Final Fantasy series from 7 onward... but only because I largely agree with the assessment that the franchise has focused more on improved production values than any meaningful innovations to gameplay or even storytelling.  They aren't terrible games, but haven't been in my list of "best RPGs" for quite a while.
NNID: ejamer