Author Topic: RetroActive #19 - Killer 7 - Official Discussion Thread  (Read 19736 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: RetroActive #19 - Killer 7 - Official Discussion Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »
Killer 7 is such an odd game. I finished it, but really can't say anything about what actually happened. Lithium's posts seem like good story breakdowns... I've only skimmed them though, since I'd like to play again and try to figure out at least some of the details myself.

Some general comments:
-- Tough game to get into, but once you understand the controls it moves smoothly for the most part and becomes much more enjoyable. Shame you have to suffer through the first level (maybe more) before reaching that comfort level.
-- A few of the puzzles seemed very abstract, to the point that they are annoying. During my play through there were two or maybe three GameFAQ consultations so that I could move on without wasting time - something I'm usually loath to do.
-- Loved the style and general wackiness. Is it too morbid to say I loved collecting and spending blood for upgrades?
-- Combat feels tacked on. Odd aiming, inability to move, invisible enemies, forcing players to react and target critical hits... at times it feels like story (and style) was put before gameplay, and combat/movement controls were tacked on to justify the story.
-- This really should have been on Wii. Aiming would be more intuitive, the on-rails movement wouldn't feel so out of place, and I bet you could fit the whole thing on a single disc.

Did anyone try the modes that are unlocked after beating the game?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »
I got to the giant smiles back when I played K7, could never deal with those quickly enough to continue the game past that point. Might play it again but I'm ignoring Lithium's posts so I can witness the insanity on a fresh mind.

Yeah those posts were written assuming people had already played the game or played the parts I wrote about, so i don't think you'll get much out of reading them without playing the chapter(s) I wrote about first anyways.

-- This really should have been on Wii. Aiming would be more intuitive, the on-rails movement wouldn't feel so out of place, and I bet you could fit the whole thing on a single disc.

Did anyone try the modes that are unlocked after beating the game?

Yeah i agree, this would have fit in very with the light gun games on Wii. well as long as the waver stat was taken away and made steady off the bat since aiming the wiimote itself is basically built in waver. Yeah also I played Killer 8 about a year ago, it's tough but you get young harman with a tommy gun to compensate. Played Hopper 7 as well but you can only play Angel in that mode.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:04:09 AM by Lithium »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 03:50:55 AM »
I don't get why the RFN crew has so much trouble with knowing about the mechanics, I knew about pretty much all of them (never had the serum machine break though so I probably wasn't grinding enough). Maybe I read the manual? That was back during a time where reading manuals was still worthwhile (not like today where the manual basically tells you to play the tutorial).