Author Topic: MARIO PAINTBALL MAFIA SIGNUPS  (Read 23316 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
MARIO PAINTBALL MAFIA SIGNUPS
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »
Here is the beginning thread for Mario Paintball Sign ups.

Game should begin around:  MAY 18th  Sign ups may be extended if we need more people. 

I need some volunteers for prizes, otherwise I will have to figure out another means to give out prizes...don't worry I am sure I can figure something out...after all Amazon.com is now doing Wii Ware purchases.

Please remember to read the rules because this is a different Mafia game than usual. 

PLAYERS LIST:

Vudu
Nickmitch
Mop_it_Up in as Birdo
GoldenPhoenix as Wendy Koopa
Maxi in as Paper Bowser
DAaaman64 in as Donkey Kong
Plugabugz
Dasmos
Khushrenada in as Waluigi
The Perm as the Gotcha! paintballer
Pale
pap64
Stratos in as Admiral Bobber
Gylldas in as Baby Daisy
DrewMG in as Lakitu
ShyGuy in as...ShyGuy???
Stevey in as Khush Killer?

Total: 17 People (and counting)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:05:46 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Mario Paintball Mafia Signups
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
Mario Paintball is a mafia game modeled after Plugabugz Mario Kart Mafia game, with some twists to make the game (hopefully) play like a blended game of Mafia and Paintball. 

The Basics:

Mario Paintball is a battle between 3 teams trying to best each other in a paintball tournament.  The objective is to find each teams "flags" and capture them or eliminate them from play. 

The 3 teams are:  Team Mario, Team Bowser, and Team Wario.

Ok, just thought I would post the order of events just in case people want to know.

The Days vote is always the first action to occur.
The next action to occur is always Wario's action if he chooses to act.
The following action will occur in the order that I get them.  So runners and gunners actions will be processed in the order they were received.

Night actions like investigations and General's identity change occur the beginning of next day.  As such, a General can not investigate someone AND change roles the same day...it is one or the other.

Team Mario and Team Bowser are the two largest teams.  They are playing against each other to see who can beat the other in paintball.  Each team will have designated Flags which will know each other and will work together to try to rally their team for a win. 

Team Wario is a wildcard team that is just up for mischief and want to disrupt the game in whatever way they can.  The Wario team's size is unknown, but they don't have any flags because they are not part of the tournament.  To win Team Wario needs to eliminate both teams before they are capable of defeating the other team.  This can be done by capturing the last flag of each team at the same time, or eliminating all the players on a team except for the flags. 

Basic Roles:

Flags:  Are a special Role on Team Mario and Team Bowser.  The Flags know who each other are and act to a similar way to mafia in traditional games.  The Mario Flags know each other, but can not attack with guns.  They can only be eliminated by either Vote Out, Capture, or Team Wario Attack.  The game is over when all the flags on one team is eliminated.  There will either be 3 to 4 flags per team.

Flags: must rely on their knowledge of their team to lead votes and try to protect each other.  They truly are the leaders of their team, but be careful who you trust, because you may be talking to the enemy.

Gunners:  The Gunners are the most basic role of the game (they are the townies of the game)  Gunners start out with 5 paintballs each for the entire game.  They can choose to use all their paintballs at once or save them for later in the game.  Each paintball has a 25% chance of hittings its target.  You can increase the odds by shooting up to 3 paintballs at a single target.  So 1 paintballs = 25%, 2 paintballs = 50%, and 3 Paintballs = 75% of hitting your target.  There is always a chance of avoiding an attack. 

Gunners do not have any idea who anyone is on their team.  They don't know who each other are or their flags.  So it you must be careful who you trust and who you target.  Once you run out of paintballs all you can do is vote. 

Runners: do not have a paintball gun, but they can capture flags from the other team with their action.  If a runner captures a flag, the captured flag is eliminated from the game, and the runner becomes a new flag for their team.  Once they are a flag, they will be informed who the rest of their team's flags are.  Runners can turn the tables on a game, by allowing the team to strength from a weakened position, and stay in the game.

Generals aka MARIO & BOWSERl   The General has the ability to become any Role for a team, except a flag.  Once the general has chosen a role he is no longer a General and becomes that new role with all their abilities.  While he is the General (and not chosen a role) the General can investigate one person each night and determine what role they have and what team they are on.  Unfortunately as the General he can not attack.

Team Wario

Team Wario are special roles that have only 2 weapons.  1 is a Paintball gun with a 100% hit ratio.  This paint gun can take out a flag or a gunner.  The other weapon is a Paint grenade.  The Paint Grenade can target 2 opponents of their choice and has a 100% accuracy.  The Paint Grenade is the perfect weapon for Team Wario to achieve their goal of eliminating both teams final flags.  Team Wario can only be eliminated by vote out. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actions:

All Roles have the responsibility to vote in the daily thread.  If you do not vote in a thread you will not die.  However, if you do not vote and you are a gunner you will lose a paintball.  This will encourage everyone to participate in the daily thread vote.  Besides, this game is going to be fast and furious so it is important to start voting soon.

Gunners:  Gunners send a private message to me to target their shots.  Once they send in their shots it can not be edited or changed.   This is because I will be determining my actions by the order they come to me.  Private Messages can start coming in the second I start the new day.  If you send them in earlier I will not count that action.  To be fair to my overseas players, before the game starts you can write me a special request to send actions in early.  This must be arranged before the game starts, and the private message needs to be sent to me over the night before the new day starts.  Otherwise, I will treat it like any other action in that order.  You will not be told if your actions hit, miss, or hit a flag.  You will just have to make assumptions based on what happens in the game.

Runners:  Your actions are night actions, so before the start of each day you send in your actions and they will occur first thing the start of the next day.  So that means day 0, you can send in a target.  If you target a flag for your action then you capture that flag and take them out of the game.   The target is out of the game, and you become the flag.  This works for targeting opposing flags, and targeting your own flags, so be careful who you target.   Once you are a flag you are not a runner anymore and will be informed of the other flags on your team.  If you target anyone else, your action fails.

Spies actions are night actions, so before the start of each day send in a player you would like to investigate, at the beginning of the day you will learn that players role and what team they are one.  This means before day 1 begins you can send in a target on 'day 0'

General's The general's actions are night actions to change roles.  However, once you change roles you have to wait until next day to use your new role.  So on Day 1 Night if you become a Gunner you can not use your attacks for Day 2.  You must wait til Day 3.

Team Wario:  Your actions are always night actions.  This means your actions will always have precedence over all other attacks.  This gives you a big advantage.  You can also send in your actions if you choose on 'day 0' for a day 1 action.  But remember you only have 2 actions the entire game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarification # 1)  Although the vote is one of the few ways to eliminate a flag.  Anyone role voted out is out of the game.   

8 Members Team Mario/Team Bowser

3-Flags Each Team
1-General Each Team
2-Runner Each Team
2-Gunners Each Team

The Leaves 1 Member for Team Wario.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just thought I would post the order of events just in case people want to know.

The Days vote is always the first action to occur.
The next action to occur is always Wario's action if he chooses to act.
The following action will occur in the order that I get them.  So runners and gunners actions will be processed in the order they were received.

Night actions like investigations and General's identity change occur the beginning of next day.  As such, a General can not investigate someone AND change roles the same day...it is one or the other.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:04:46 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:18:57 PM »
Please remember to read the rules because this is a different Mafia game than usual. 

Reserved for rules.

;D

I'm down.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »
I guess I'm in.  This sounds a bit complicated. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
This sounds weird and confusing... Right up my alley!

In as Birdo (if characters apply).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
Trust me...it isn't that confusing...it really is a modified Mario Kart Mafia.  If you can follow that game, this game will be easy.  But knowing the history of my mafia games, you know I can't just do a normal game.  (At least there are not 2 games going at once though)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »
Ok I'm in as Wendy Koopa again because I love that avatar lol.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »
So let me get this straight Spak. The Flags know each other at the start of the game.So If me,Nickmitch and Mop it up are on the Mario team as flags then we would know each other.
While say Vudu was a flag for the Bowser team he would not know if myself and the players I listed was Flags.

The gunner(townie) role has an interesting dynamic of their attacks. Seems like the gunner will either have to be conservitive or liberal with their paintball shots depending on what playstyle they want to employ.I take it they can still vote if they still have paintballs?

Runners:I take it that the runners don't know who the flags are on their own team?

Do the spys know their own team?

Team Wario I think is perfectly balanced.Since there are going to be more Mario and Bowser then Wario it makes sense that they have those powers.Team Wario is going to have to wait for the right time to strike.Does team Wario know each other?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »
I'm on like Donkey Kong
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »
I HAVE to be on in this. It's modelled after Mario Kart Mafia and i love how spak has made changes to the design.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 07:55:35 PM »
Trust me...it isn't that confusing...it really is a modified Mario Kart Mafia.  If you can follow that game, this game will be easy.
Even regular Mafia is weird and confusing, but there's nothing wrong with that.
Are the Mario Kart Mafia topics still around? I'd like to read through some of them and see how the game played out.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »
Maxi:  Only the flags of the respective teams know each other.  So only the Mario Flags know each other and only the Bowser flags know each other.  Period.  They are the only people that start with any knowledge of who anyone is on the Bowser and Mario Teams.

Everybody in the game can vote.  In fact voting is the primary means to get rid of flags.  If the Wario team and Runners are all killed then voting is the only way to get rid of flags.

Team Wario knows who everyone on their team is.  Team Wario is going to be drastically smaller than the other 2 teams.  Their odds of winning are quite slim, however, they do have a chance to make a huge impact on the game.

Yes, the gunners have to be develop their own play style.  Is there someone they want gone from the game take 3 shots at them.  Do you want to conserve ammo then take 1 shot.  Perhaps you can even develop a method to see if a player is another role. 

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:29:22 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
Spak in your description (first paragraph for flags) you still refer to the Wario Team as Green Team!

So just to clarify:

Everyone can vote
Gunners are townies.
Runners can steal powers of flags.
Spies can investigate other people.

Yes, the gunners have to be develop their own play style.  Is there someone they want gone from the game take 3 shots at them.  Do you want to conserve ammo then take 1 shot.  Perhaps you can even develop a method to see if a player is another role. 

Yes its in the hall of fame in the mafia forum. Its game #25.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:33:09 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Spak.

Mop it up if you look at the Mafia Hall of fame topic in the Mafia forum it has the game.
Edit: Khush corrected it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:11:14 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »
Flags do not get night time votes. Though I may need to think about how to spice things up for the flags.  Truthfully, the flags are kinda the lame character this game...except that they are the life force for the team, and can't be killed by being shot at. 

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »
i'll join nw & read rulz & stff l8r.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 01:34:41 AM »
While I am currently moving, I expect to be settled in enough to hopefully play this. But we'll see. I may have to withdraw my name if I can't play. Although maybe I should just leave it in to mess with people.

That said, I wonder if I should take Waluigi again before Insanolord claims him. Hmmmmm. Yes I think I will.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 02:22:35 AM »
I said I would play in your game Spak so here I am.In as Paper Bowser.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: MARIO PAINTBALL MAFIA SIGNUPS
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
im in

3-1
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 02:49:10 AM »
So far 10 people have signed up...which is kinda the minimum I wanted for just team Mario. 

So hopefully we will get more, and you can invite your friends. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 03:05:15 AM »
How many are you expecting for the game? 25?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 12:56:38 PM »
25 would be very good.  Though 24 or 26 would be good too. 

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »
I'm in but I have questions...

So do the gunners have 5 shots total for the game? or 5 shots per night?  You said flags can't be killed, so if a gunner targets a flag it just comes back as a failed attack?

Also, you said that if a runner recruits a flag they then get converted to the other team and thus know ALL of the flags on both teams.  The runner would also know who they just converted.  Therefore, with one successful convert the runners would know everyone else they should target.

This seems to me like it would devolve in a constant trading back and forth of flags until one team loses all of their runners... and the runners identities would come to light as soon as they asked the person the recruited who the other people were.... basically, that part of the game seems a little broken to me.. am I just not understanding it?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »
Pale:  Gunners have 5 shots per game period.  So you have to choose how you want to play.  Day 1 you can waste all your shots and be in the dark about who people are or wait and try to form an alliance and then attack...whatever your strategy is go for it.

Flags when they are attacked it comes back as a failed attack.  Perhaps you can use that information somehow???

Runners BECOME the flag if they capture one.  So the player that was the flag is OUT of the game.  And the Runner becomes a new flag for their team, but is no longer a runner.  So if a Team is losing and have 1 flag and the other team has 3 flags.  And a Runner captures a flag then it becomes 2 flags to 2...and the game is tied again.  However, that team has one less runner.

So, it can never  become an endless game of runners capturing flags.  Thanks for the questions, because I didn't explain that very well.  Runners are supposed to represent the capture the flag element of Paintball.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
Ahhh I see... ok that makes much more sense.  So basically the Runner's job is to spend the game trying to go from being totally unimportant to being a key part of the team.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram