Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!  (Read 29807 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2009, 01:18:48 AM »
Vote pale

Heh

Wait, are you voting to lynch Pale or for him to get the prize? ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
Nice game, GP. I didn't do much other than lock the thread a few times and make one change to the player's list, and I wasn't able to follow along very closely.

But townies, when someone protests their innocence as adamantly as DAaaMan did... usually they're, you know, innocent. Boo on that vote off.

I did like the vudu-Pale matchup though. :) That was fun to watch their comments in the threads, knowing both their roles. :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2009, 12:33:12 PM »
Ahem finals are over and I'm all moved out.  All I can say is I sucked big time this game and congrats to Pale for playing all of us!  Pale and vudu are up for mvp in my book but since only one can win I'll vote Pale for mvp.

Good game guys!
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
But townies, when someone protests their innocence as adamantly as DAaaMan did... usually they're, you know, innocent. Boo on that vote off.

Sorry, but I disagree--someone's going to profess their innocence regardless of their role.  The game is based on deception.  No one is going to say "yeah, you're right, nice going".  They're going to lie through their teeth (fingers) until the end.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »

Sorry, but I disagree--someone's going to profess their innocence regardless of their role.  The game is based on deception.  No one is going to say "yeah, you're right, nice going".  They're going to lie through their teeth (fingers) until the end.
While I agree with you on that point Vudu I have to add this.

I take it you went after DAaaMan based on his voting record. This game there was a misunderstanding as far as a PM early in the game.Basically what I am saying is that voting records are not the end all solution.When there is no controversies yes voting records can help out find out who Mafia is.When there is a controversy then you have to look at other things like behavior in and out of the thread. Deviations from normal behavior.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:05 PM »
When there is a controversy then you have to look at other things like behavior in and out of the thread. Deviations from normal behavior.

I completely agree 100%.  The voting record wasn't what made me certain that Daaaman was mafia.  It was when he refused to name a specific alternative.  In my mind his was a wishy-washy response.  Had he named someone else that was even a halfway decent suggestion I probably would have changed my vote.  But since he named a full 6 players (keep in mind there were only 10 playing at the time and he wasn't going to suggest himself or me) I thought I had the right person.  Again, my bad!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
You know my list that I posted on day 4. Quite a few names I listed were on DAaaMan's list. Maybe he was just going with what I said.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »

I actually would have changed my vote at the last minute if I could have gotten to an internet hookup. His defense was pretty convincing and I wasn't 100% sold on him being mafia yet. We had too many of our 'suspects' coming up as townie from Vudu's searches.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »
It wasn't the fact that he pronounced his innocence. Pale was doing that the whole game too. It was how he sounded in it. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because the same thing's happened to me before. (leading a bandwagon to vote out someone who desperately claimed innocence)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »
When there is a controversy then you have to look at other things like behavior in and out of the thread. Deviations from normal behavior.

I completely agree 100%.  The voting record wasn't what made me certain that Daaaman was mafia.  It was when he refused to name a specific alternative.  In my mind his was a wishy-washy response.  Had he named someone else that was even a halfway decent suggestion I probably would have changed my vote.  But since he named a full 6 players (keep in mind there were only 10 playing at the time and he wasn't going to suggest himself or me) I thought I had the right person.  Again, my bad!

No. I refused to suggest an alternative because of exactly what happened when I DID list alternatives.  First of all, I had no algorithm or anything to finding mafia, like I said in my post.  Second, what I predicted happened. I started listing bullshit possible mafia people (like you forced me to do), then they started coming outa no where throwing accusations my way and voting for me just because I was seemingly accusing them.  THATS why I refused to give you a list or an alternative.  Hell, I even PMed you early that day asking you to tell me who to vote for.

Making me make that list was the turning point that made me sure I was gonna die.

Because of this, I think you understand why I didn't vote for you in this thread.  Anyway, GG. 

I vote for Pale because he did an awesome job manipulating our stupid asses all game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:32:52 AM by DAaaMan64 »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.