Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!  (Read 29820 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia XXXIII Punch-Out!! Final Round Wrap up!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
Here is the thing.I found Stratos and North Sea on Day 1. I am going to guess that Stratos found out Mop_it_up.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »
Well you had said that you had only found 2 roled townies on Day 2. I can assume you were lying then?

Combined we found all but one. He found two, I found one and I was the other. Did I forget a role?

I was Saint
Mop it up was Vote Changer
NorthSea was the Doctor
Vudu was the Investigator
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 08:20:02 AM »
Well you had said that you had only found 2 roled townies on Day 2. I can assume you were lying then?

Combined we found all but one. He found two, I found one and I was the other. Did I forget a role?

I was Saint
Mop it up was Vote Changer
NorthSea was the Doctor
Vudu was the Investigator
There was Little Mac Prime but he didn't come into play until later.Also I didn't find Vudu till later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:23:01 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »
Huh, it's interesting how open you guys are with your roles so early on.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 08:24:59 AM »
Well there is a thing called trust.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »
Yeah, look how well that turned out with Pale.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 08:28:12 AM »
It is different with the Mafia.Of course the Mafia member isn't going to say "hey I'm so and so".
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
Maxi and I agreed on day one to be open with each other on our roles, so we were committed for better or worse. We then attempted to recruit other townies for our voting. Through that we each got the other roles but for the sake of security we kept these other roles from each other. We would say when we found them but not who they were.

I never revealed a role to Pale for security sake.

Sometimes you just have to take a risk to get the ball rolling and build an alliance. You are stabbing in the dark after all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:34:28 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »
Yeah, I'm not saying it's a good/bad thing, I'm just saying it's interesting.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
Well I had fun playing this one. I liked the impersonator role.  Too bad I never got to frame an innocent because who I was copying never lined up with an investigation, but it did save my own butt as Vudu investigated me quite early.

I still have to go back and read GP's wrap up, but I will before the day is out.  I had fun on the last day even though I risked looking guilty to stir the pot a bit with all my near nonsensical ranting.

This was a game of ups and downs for me. We couldn't get the mafia together to truly swing the vote and early on I really wanted to lock down the game.  I think it was the night we killed Maxi... I instead wanted to swing the vote for Maxi and kill vudu.  I'd be interested to know if Vudu was protected at that point in the game... if he was, it probably would have screwed us, but in talking to him I got the impression he wasn't... unless that was just him messing with me.

I disappointed myself a couple times this game. Firstly, I'm mad I didn't more accurately predict Vudu's investigation and save Greg. I knew I couldn't come right out and ask vudu who he was for risk or looking guilty, but I always seemed to be one step behind him.  I immitated Daaman when he investigated Greg.. and imitated oohboy when he investigated nickmitch.

Also, I'm frustrated I couldn't figure out who the Doc was.  I thought it was Stratos which is why I suggested killing him.  Then I thought for sure it was Gyldas on the last night...  At the very last second I had a hunch it was NorthSea, because he was so quiet yet he had a Punch Out avatar.... I wish I would have caught on to that earlier.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »
Wait a minute Pale. Did you frame yourself to look like a townie!?!

The first 3 days I was protected on day 4 I sent the protection to Vudu.That night I was killed.

I would also like to know who was sent to kill Vudu.I take it was Yoshidious, the last goon. That would of been the wise thing to do.Lose a goon but keep all of the mafia roles.

The reason North Sea is quite is because he has to work during the day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 10:11:03 AM »
I'm interested in seeing Spak-Spang and Khushrenada's thoughts on the game. Specifically my play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
The power of manipulation, amazing. 

It was pretty obvious to me yesterday not to trust Pale, but that was only because I wasn't in the game anymore.  If Pale was talking to me, and giving suggestions and advice I would probably believed him. 

Once the mafia and the townies lost the Killer and Bomber, the game really opened up for them.  At this point I think the advantage swung in favor of the townies, because they were able to get another mafia member, and protect their own people with the Doctor.

What was a bad play.  Maxi should have protected himself after he found the detective at least one more day.  He knew the detective and the doctor and was afraid the detective would be targeted, the problem was he was the HEART of the townie alliance.  And if he could have lasted one more day with protection, the mafia would of went for someone else and he could have been in the game longer.

It would have given the townies at least one more day.  That was the only mistake he really made in the game. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »
I really am curious how the game would have changed if I was alive for a couple more days.

Truthfully, I probably would not have hit ThePerm or Pale.  Insanolord perhaps.  The NorthSea most likely.

I liked how Pale put doubt in the minds of the townies and detectives about who the Mafia could be.  That shutdown all the roles...and then the mafia was smart to target regular townies on the last days.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Spak. My goal in this game is to improve a little each game. Even though I lost I think this was my best game as far as developing myself. Now I got to figure out how to survive as a townie.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:37:43 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »
Since I feel like talking alot.

Here is why I thought the people I listed was Mafia.

Yoshidious: I had been talking to him since the begining of the game to get him used to playing Mafia. Around Day 2 I was suspious of him. He said that he haven't been talking to many people except me. On Day 2 I saw him sending PMs to somebody. I'm going to guess that it was Dasmos. Since he had only been talking with me only. Here is what would happen I send him one,he responds,while I was responding to that PM he would send another to someone else.I checked whos online and checked the times I responded to his most recent PMs and when he was sending PMs. After obserbing this behavior he was on my list. Also the Rab PM helped alot to in regards to Greg.

Perm:It was your vote for stratos on day 1,your voting record and that PM you deleted that had BFS vote on Day 3.

Pale: Alot of people were railing against you in my alliance because of the "stevey lesson" vote. Also you were very evasive in PMs.Your voting record helped/hurt you.

Nickmitch&Ohhboy: It was just a hunch because of your behavior.Sorry.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
We weren't trying to target townies... we wanted to find the Dr. =P

The way the impersonator role worked was that I would show up as whoever i was framing and they would show up as mafia.  This could have backfired if I impersonated vudu on the night he investigated me, which I almost did! =P

It's interesting to hear that Maxi passed the protection to vudu the same night we killed him.  That means if I had organized the mafia to vote out Maxi (and thus look extremely guilty) and then our hit on Vudu would have failed, we probably would have screwed ourselves.  Just proves that attempting to go for the jugular isn't always a good decision.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
Oh and as for the Stevey thing... you can say that made me look guilty, but I would have done the same exact thing if I was a townie.  I'm sick to death of him getting Khush killed so early because on the first day most people are just looking for a bandwagon.  If he votes for Khush (or anyone out of vendetta) again next game I will do the same thing.

Yes I know that stinks of hypocrisy, but I don't care. =P
---------------------

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »
We weren't trying to target townies... we wanted to find the Dr. =P

The way the impersonator role worked was that I would show up as whoever i was framing and they would show up as mafia.  This could have backfired if I impersonated vudu on the night he investigated me, which I almost did! =P

It's interesting to hear that Maxi passed the protection to vudu the same night we killed him.  That means if I had organized the mafia to vote out Maxi (and thus look extremely guilty) and then our hit on Vudu would have failed, we probably would have screwed ourselves.  Just proves that attempting to go for the jugular isn't always a good decision.
I thought the impersonater role worked like this.If say you impersonate me and Vudu investigates me I would show up as Mafia but you would still be your role.

Live and Learn.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »
I have to agree that there was poor communication among all members. In the Mario Mafia game we were always receiving PMs and hints and that's why we won the game so early. In this game I felt lost because there was no communication or even attempts at throwing each other out.

It was still a great game, though.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »
Pale:  The night you hit Maxi, he hooked the Detective and the Doctor up, and told the Doctor to protect him the remainder of the day.

After the day and he died...he asked me my opinion.  I thought it was a bad move, because he should have enough allies to protect himself from the vote, and he was obviously a target of the mafia...Maxi was the heart of the townie alliance.  Willing to put himself on the line to protect the townies.

We both wanted him dead for that reason (Mafia and killer) but I knew Maxi was being protected every night, so I went trying to randomly kill people laying low.  Hopefully to get the Doctor so I could kill Maxi...but I was also worried about the Detective and more so getting another Mafia member.  Then again, I was afraid if I targeted too many mafia and you found out who I was you would kill me.

All of my hits were carefully selected not to make me look guilty.  I just got really unlucky with my last hit.  I was sure RAB was either Mafia or the Bomber after maxi wrote me...and so I had a hunch Maxi could have been mafia.  It never played out that way.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

I only told Maxi my role after I knew he was a townie.  I didn't have to investigate him--as I said in one of the earlier threads I could tell he was a townie by the way he played.  After I confided in him things sort of fell into place--he put me in touch with NorthSea and Stratos.

I think it was the night we killed Maxi... I instead wanted to swing the vote for Maxi and kill vudu.  I'd be interested to know if Vudu was protected at that point in the game... if he was, it probably would have screwed us, but in talking to him I got the impression he wasn't... unless that was just him messing with me.

I disappointed myself a couple times this game. Firstly, I'm mad I didn't more accurately predict Vudu's investigation and save Greg. I knew I couldn't come right out and ask vudu who he was for risk or looking guilty, but I always seemed to be one step behind him.  I immitated Daaman when he investigated Greg.. and imitated oohboy when he investigated nickmitch.

While I truly believed you were a townie, you'll notice that I never fully trusted you.  I didn't tell you who else I was talking to and I never told you anyone's role except for those that I investigated who then turned up mafia.  And even though I told you early on that I was the investigator, I tried to leave some doubt in your mind that I might just be someone who was speaking for the investigator.

The thing that really made me believe you were a townie was that you voted for BFS on day 4 instead of Maxi.  You could have easily tied up the game at that point.  Instead, you sacrificed your teammate and earned my loyalties (even though both Stratos and NorthSea suspected that you were mafia).

VOTE PALE FOR MVP
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
I think I'm going to include a FAQ on how to make yourself not show up on the Who's Online screen while playing mafia.  PM staring seems like a cheap tactic in my opinion.  I send enough PMs that have nothign to do with Mafia that I don't worry about it, but it sucks for others.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Vudu: Yeah, see I was actually TRYING to rally the team agains Maxi to save BFS and I wanted to put the hit on you. Sadly (at the time) I couldn't get everyone together, so I just voted for BFS to hide any suspicion.  The fact that I couldn't get everyone together probably saved the game for the mafia.

I'm gonna Vote Perm for MVP.  He was godfather the whole time, ignored me when I had a strategy that would have gotten us killed, and somehow avoided almost all suspicion the whole game.  In all my talks with Vudu and Stratos I don't think his name ever came up.
---------------------

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
I told Maxi early on that every townie alliance has at least one member of the mafia in it.  The key to a good townie alliance is NEVER give out roles until of people...unless you are 100% positive.  And never ask for roles if you are a townie in an alliance, because you can be lead to believe something not true.

It is good to hear that Vudu was wise not with that role.  The powers allowed the Mafia to hide well in this game, but it is just the same, because this should be a game of who you can trust or not trust.

I had fun this game, and I thought I was playing some of the best mafia I have played.  I was really focused on the game...but it ended too short, and that is something that every player must realize...you life is short in Mafia, enjoy it while you can.