Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: FINALE  (Read 36408 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: FINALE
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
As soon as I realized all of the PMing was happening I probably should have started doing some of my own so as not to raise suspicion. Though I was beginning to wonder if my cluelessness was actually helping me, since nobody ever voted for me.

I'm just curious, but did anyone else suspect that I was Mafia?

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »
Gylldas that is one of the important tools you can use when finding Mafia. In the Peanuts Mafia game when I was Mafia with Khush.He pointed out that in I believe Mafia 13 Kairon found out the Mafia based on their voting paterns.
You are learning fast Gylldas. I have a feeling you are going to be a great player down the road.
Also I loved your roleplaying this game as we as ShyGuys.

Haha thanks Maxi.  I still have a loong way to go skillwise in this game but I hope to get better little by little.  Hopefully next time I'll have more time to invest in the game as last week was crazy busy for me...not to mention getting sick on top of that. 

Day one I was in contact with Maxi and Spak and realized Maxi was up to something.  I also suspected that Mop_it_up was mafia.  But like I said during the game, my intuition is usually completely wrong so I was always second guessing myself.
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:32 PM »
Khush, GP, Rab...they all were a bit too vocal about things.

Uhhh, people were saying I was too quiet.

Also I can't say it was a pleasure, to be perfectly blunt, with playing with Maxi. Complaining about being betrayed and ignoring you is not cool, especially when you at the VERY LEAST layed the groundwork for it on day 1 yet throws a fit when he is axed like he was super innocent. Also I think saying "anyone who voted for vudu was mafia" is pretty clearly saying who mafia is. Doesn't take much brain power to figure that out. I should have taken out Maxi on day 1 though considering how he has played previous games and cannot be trusted regardless of his role and when people call him on it he sulks he the corner. I have trouble respecting that and in turn it makes it hard to enjoy the game. It is just a game.

I felt as though there were a few Mafia members not pulling their weight. I don't want to name names but if I had to say anyone I'd say Maxi, Khushrenada, GoldenPhoenix, Mop_it_up and nickmitch.

I'd say RABicle at well, at least in the beginning, we were even worried you were going to die from inactivity.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:13:55 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
I don't think anyone should ever let these games get personal or get upset with players.  We all make our choices and sometimes they are good sometimes not.

I told GP not to keep the Hammer Bros alive, and actually requested to be taken out of the game, because I knew her role.  I didn't want to be blamed for sabotaging the townies.

So I knew day 1, 2 mafia roles I thought, and the Bomber.  I actually knew 2 Mafia roles and the Mole.  I was trying my best to get all the mafia and townies on day one to vote for Khush thinking he was the bomber, that was my big move.  It would have been a great if Khush had actually been the bomber. 

The Hammer Bros were just too much of a liability for the mafia, even though it means getting more hits.  Though I wonder if day 1 had gone differently what would have happened. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
i was lost this whole game! I'm surprised i survived!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
Yeah. The Maxi thing was surprising. I got this message from him the next day. Subject line Jerk!!!

Khush first of all don't talk to Dasmo.I don't really think he would be in the mood to talk to you.Second of all you are a jerk.I hope you die a slow and painful death.GP can Die as well.As well as the rest of the Mafia.

It was interesting considering he was trying to kill me and even sent messages to people telling them to vote me off. Not to mention, he revealed his role which meant he'd be targetted for death and revealed mafia members. Yet, I still saved him and tried to a plan to allow our two sides to work together. But I'm the jerk.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 05:10:01 PM »
If anything I thought I'd be the jerk for purposefully not saving him on day 2 after it was me who suggested that he plea for the doctor to protect him that night.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 05:50:54 PM »
If anything I thought I'd be the jerk for purposefully not saving him on day 2 after it was me who suggested that he plea for the doctor to protect him that night.

LOL, he thought I was the doctor the night he died. He dropped names hoping I would protect him. I think I accidentally misled him by saying that IF I were the doctor I would protect him and I think he took that to mean I was but wasn't admitting to it in a 'wink, wink' type of way.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
hehe

the things we do to avoid death smoking crack
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
Maxi, gets emotionally wrapped up in the game.  He really enjoys the game, but he takes it too personally.

He verbally attacked me in PMs a couple a games ago when he was revealed as the bomber and I mafia godfather, and then we had the reset because the game collapsed.

It was a bad start to Khush's mafia, but what needed up happening is we restarted and had one of the best Mafia games we had. 

Maxi quickly apologized after he cooled down, and he was sincere in that apology.  So long story story, I think you just need to let go of anything said during and after these games, because it is just a game. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 06:21:36 PM »
Maxi, gets emotionally wrapped up in the game.  He really enjoys the game, but he takes it too personally.

He verbally attacked me in PMs a couple a games ago when he was revealed as the bomber and I mafia godfather, and then we had the reset because the game collapsed.

It was a bad start to Khush's mafia, but what needed up happening is we restarted and had one of the best Mafia games we had. 

Maxi quickly apologized after he cooled down, and he was sincere in that apology.  So long story story, I think you just need to let go of anything said during and after these games, because it is just a game. 

VEDETTA!!!!

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »
I've managed to avoid becoming emotionally invested in these games... except for one game: the infamous Pokemafia. And not for the usual reasons, like Dash are cheaters ;) or whatever, but because of the townie alliance.

Khush kinda set up me and Ceric in a fledgling townie alliance, and as the game went on, we were PMing back and forth constantly, sharing strategies and commiserating about the poor townies' bad luck. It was annoying because we knew who we had to vote out, but we just couldn't do it. Anyways, the thought occurred to me towards the end, if Ceric were "playing" me or whatever and wasn't really a townie, I would've felt pretty upset from the utter betrayal, as I genuinely trusted him. Eventually he and I were alone again in the alliance (our "recruits" having been killed off after bolstering our number to maybe 5 or 6), and I got killed, and then he died, and it was revealed that we were both townies. Needless to say, I was thoroughly relieved that, although we lost, we had both been telling each other the truth at least.

After that, I decided not to get too emotionally involved. Mafia's exciting and all, with the scheming and strategizing and intrigue, but it's really just a game in the end.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 06:26:33 PM »
Heh, vendettas can be fun. I'd swear one on Stratos but he's just too nice of a guy, I can't do that to him.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
To be honest, the reason I voted against GP is because I remembered how she kept teasing poor Maxi on Animal Crossing and how she uses the net to scare fish away.

It was payback time, and the results couldn't have been better :) .

Oh and Mop, be thankful that you made it till the end of Mafia. Like I mentioned before, in my first Mafia game I died on the first day.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
In my first 5 mafias I died day one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »
Ok let me address these one by one. The Vudu protecting GP hitting me situation.
I am pretty sure that GP sent in her action after I voted for Khush and made the comment. If so than even if Vudu protected me.I think the Night Actions are based on time. If GP hit me before Vudu sent his action.I am sure I would of died.

Khushrenada: At the time I was very upset as evidenced by that PM.I saw you viewing Dasmos profile and I just flew off the handle.I'm sorry.:)

Vudu:At the time I didn't know what role you were.I thought you knew Luigi.As in it someone confided in you.When you died I had a different mindset than when I was killed.

Stratos:Yes I thought you were Luigi at the time.

In my first game Sonic Mafia I made it to the end.I was the last one killed.Unfortunately I lost that game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:40:50 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
The night actions depend on the host.

Some hosts go by time.  Others just go by the general rule the night actions all sorta happen at the same time. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
Checked the Players List and it states that if there is a conflict of Actions such as the situation with me,GP, and Vudu that the first person to send it in gets their action.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 08:05:25 PM »
Heh, vendettas can be fun. I'd swear one on Stratos but he's just too nice of a guy, I can't do that to him.

Aww schucks. I'm a nice guy.

And you spelled Vendetta right! It's been driving me nuts since I started playing when people were spelling it vedetta.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »
Checked the Players List and it states that if there is a conflict of Actions such as the situation with me,GP, and Vudu that the first person to send it in gets their action.

Um, no.  I'm the frigging doctor.  I can save whoever I want.  My actions were not based on submission time.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »
The only night actions that were time sensitive were ones that competing hits.

A submits a hit at 9:15

B cannot submit a hit after 9:15 PM
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »
Oh and Mop, be thankful that you made it till the end of Mafia.
I am. :) Like I said in one of my previous posts, "I'm just happy I made it halfway through the game. That's farther than I thought I'd get." Considering how clueless I was (and still am) I thought I might be gone the first day, certainly didn't expect to outlive half of the players. Out of curiosity, what was your role in your first game?

In my first 5 mafias I died day one.
Just out of curiosity, do you remember what your role was in those five?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 10:23:09 PM »
I am pretty sure that GP sent in her action after I voted for Khush and made the comment.

I voted for you once I knew you were Hammer Bros because I had a reason to axe you then instead of killing you off on day 1 in the hopes you were a hammer brother (I was almost ready to do it too, I figured either way we'd be better off).

So long story story, I think you just need to let go of anything said during and after these games, because it is just a game. 

It is hard to let it go when it constantly happens, it is like playing someone in a video game that whenever they lose they try to unplug your controller, yell at you, or throw the controller in anger. It sucks a lot of the fun out. I've had friends that were like that, and I got the point I wouldn't play them in games. While they were normally great people that side of them bothered me, I'd say Maxi is the same way, a really nice guy but needs to not take things so personally in a silly game like mafia.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:31:27 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »
Oh and Mop, be thankful that you made it till the end of Mafia.
I am. :) Like I said in one of my previous posts, "I'm just happy I made it halfway through the game. That's farther than I thought I'd get." Considering how clueless I was (and still am) I thought I might be gone the first day, certainly didn't expect to outlive half of the players. Out of curiosity, what was your role in your first game?

I was a townie. It was during the James Bond Mafia. I admit I made the mistake of taunting Vudu, and because of that a bandwagon started against me and was voted off. But Vudu still died that day I believe, so even if I was voted out I brought Vudu with me :) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »
...I would keep him. I always like to keep the townies who vote with us and kill the troublemakers.

Yet you made everyone think I was the godfather! Any particular reason or was that payback for being a lousy cop in your game? ;)

I haven't had an early death like this for a long time, if ever, and it is especially disappointing because my fellow townies were able to take out the win. But this galling defeat has left me chomping (oh dear) at the bit for Mafia XXXIII.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:55:43 PM by blackfootsteps »
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€