Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674314 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: NBA Thread: The Happiest Postseason Bubble On Earth
« Reply #2450 on: November 20, 2020, 05:32:55 PM »
man, the salt.... we had a good run.
changed the game. Even made Harden want give up and switch teams.

Whatever they're doing in Houston isn't working and Harden needs to just ask himself if it's the team of if it's him.  Personally, I think it's him.

Also, there's no salt over here.  Warriors were stacked for quite a few years and definitely made the most of it.  I just like to tease.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 20, 2020, 10:43:56 PM »
I know you are.
we made a wish on a monkeys paw here in The Bay.
the bill has come due. hopefully this is the last year of the curse.

i like to watch the Splash Bros play together.
we don't always gotta win, but it's nice knowing we got a squad that always got a chance, or at least make it fun to watch.

Offline Raphaelfwi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Where is Administration nintendoworldreport.com ??
« Reply #2452 on: November 20, 2020, 11:50:49 PM »
Can I contact admin??
I'ts important.
Regards.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 21, 2020, 04:17:04 AM »
Can I contact admin??
I'ts important.
Regards.

You got something better than an admin. You got me, a Junior Ranger.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 21, 2020, 04:17:19 AM »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 21, 2020, 10:30:53 AM »
The Jazz have been surprisingly busy this off-season:

1. We got rid of Ed Davis & Tony Bradley, our backup Centers.

2. We did a whole lot of draft pick trading & got a new Rookie backup Center in Udoka Azubuike, as well as Rookie Elijiah Hughes. No idea how those 2 will work out. Rookies don't have a great track record with the Jazz.

3. We re-signed Jordan Clarkson to a 4 year, $52 million deal.

4. We brought back Center/Power Forward Derrick Favors on a 3 year, $27 million deal after his 1 year sabbatical with the Pelicans while the Jazz tried the Ed Davis/Jeff Green experiment.

Pretty good moves in general. Signing Clarkson was a no-brainer. He saved our season coming off the bench, and it really hurt to lose Favors in the 1st place. The Jazz definitely lost a lot defensively without a decent defensive Center
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2456 on: November 22, 2020, 12:13:07 AM »
I know you are.
we made a wish on a monkeys paw here in The Bay.
the bill has come due. hopefully this is the last year of the curse.

i like to watch the Splash Bros play together.
we don't always gotta win, but it's nice knowing we got a squad that always got a chance, or at least make it fun to watch.

I really feel bad for Klay, honestly.  Dude is crazy talented in his own right and could probably be the star player on another team.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 22, 2020, 04:43:39 PM »
Well, there it is: the Jazz just gave Donovan Mitchell a 5 year, $195 million extension to his Rookie contract: https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-offseason/2020/11/22/21589931/donovan-mitchell-agrees-to-a-five-year-195-million-max-extension-utah-jazz

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 22, 2020, 08:37:55 PM »
Some thoughts on the off-season so far:
  • The important thing about Donovan Mitchell and Jason Tatum's extensions to remember (particularly in four years) is they both negotiated player options on the fifth year. Sam Presti is just biding his time, hoping one or both of them decides to move on to trade some combination of the Thunder's 24575617835 draft picks he amassed to the Jazz/Celtics.
  • I'm glad new Jazz owner, Ryan Smith, didn't futz around and paid Mitchell. He's worth every penny (don't particularly care about the Jazz and their awful alt-jerseys, but I'm high on Mitchell). I believe Smith is something like the fifth or sixth richest individual owner in the NBA. I don't want to hear about any penny-pinching from poor, small-market Jazz.
  • LOL Clippers. Signing Serge Ibaka saved their off-season. That Marcus Morris contract is poo-poo though. They did not address their lack of playmaking. *Price is Right lose horn*
  • Holy shiz, I don't know how the Sixers managed to revamp their roster. I thought they were dead in the water with the Al Horford contract. I expected a trade to the Kings of Buddy Hield. Daryl Morey is a wizard. They should be good next year (for real this time).
  • Knicks gonna Knick.
  • I'm most impressed by the Hawks. They should be a playoff team, especially if the Kings don't match the offer sheet for Bogdan Bogdanović. The Kings absolutely should, but Kings gonna King.
  • The Suns did well too. Let's get Devin Booker in the playoffs.
  • WTF, Hornets? Terry Rozier leaves the Celtics last year because Gordon MAGA Hayward was taking his shots so Michael "Republicans buy sneakers too" Jordan is like "SIGN HAYWARD. PAY NOW." without having the cap space to complete the bonkers $30 million per year guaranteed deal so he has to waive Nic Batum who has been taking up cap space and physical space on the roster for seemingly infinity years. WHAT IS HAPPENING?! AHHHHH........
  • I don't know how the Bucks/Kings futzed up that Bogdan Bogdanović trade. I would have put them at the top of the East if they pulled that off. Jrue Holiday is a huge pick up though at a ridiculous price: the cardboard cutout of Eric Bledsoe, two pick swaps, and two unprotected draft picks. YIKES. Better hope Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jrue Holiday stay.
  • The Lakers won a championship last year filling out the roster with Danny Green and leftovers while waiting for Kawhi Leonard. They got better and younger. I don't love Montrezl "Bitchass White Boy" Harrell, but he'll help the Lakers tremendously on offense where they struggled at times to score without LeBron James and Anthony Davis in the lineup. Dennis Schroder and Wesley Matthews are good pickups. Marc Gasol is a good upgrade from Javalle McGee though I'm disappointed they lost Dwight Howard due to a communication mixup. They can park him on the three point line on offense, but he'll be most valuable in the playoffs against Nikola Jokić and without being the free throw shooting blackhole of McGee/Howard. I was hoping to bring back Markieff Morris, but I think the Lakers are hard capped so I'm not sure they can.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: November 23, 2020, 01:11:36 AM »
Interested parties would like to know your thoughts on the Warriors too....
asking for a friend. lol

and I didn't see all the trades and drafts, but who did the Sixers pick up to get such praise?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: November 23, 2020, 03:40:40 AM »
Interested parties would like to know your thoughts on the Warriors too....
asking for a friend. lol
I wrote a whole thing the other day when Klay Thompson's Achilles injury was official. I got distracted and didn't post it so I figured the window closed on commenting. Basically, without Thompson, it's curtains for the Warriors this season as far as contention. The Warriors did their best in an awful situation. Snagging a solid rotation player in Kelly Oubre is better than letting the Andre Iguodala trade exception expire though he's coming off a torn meniscus so not great. Bringing back Kent Bazemore is a good move. He apparently turned down eight other offers. The Warriors should make the playoffs if everyone stays healthy.

The NBA is better when the Warriors are good so I personally hope James Wiseman blossoms quickly, but everything I've read stated he's a little raw. They shouldn't trade him. Curry and Thompson are both in their 30s. How many more years do they have left? I always get a little sad when great players start approaching the end of their careers. I hate the fact that we're losing another year of Thompson's prime. His defense may not be elite when he returns, but he has a skillset that should keep him effective for a few more years.

Also, this was supposed to be the pitch year for Giannis Antetokounmpo. So much for that.
and I didn't see all the trades and drafts, but who did the Sixers pick up to get such praise?
It's less about who the Sixers picked up than who they shipped off. Last summer, the Sixers signed Al Horford to a $109 million contract or ~$27 million per year, the last year guaranteed for $14.5 million when he'll be 36. Ewww......... Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons need shooters around them to spread the floor, the Sixers let their best shooter walk (JJ Reddick) then signed the absolute worst fit with Embiid and Simmons. I defended Horford's signing last year, but in practice, woof....... (freezing cold take from me, my bad)

That said, Daryl Morey traded Horford to the Thunder for Danny Green, Terrence Ferguson, the 34th pick in this year's draft (Theo Maldon), a protected 2025 first round pick, and the draft rights to someone. It didn't cost them that much to get Horford off the books. Also addressing their lack of shooting in the same trade is almost a miracle.

Morey also signed Dwight Howard to a veteran's minimum contract and traded Josh Richardson and the 36th pick in this year's draft (Tyler Bey) to the Mavericks for Seth Curry to get even more shooting. Richardson is a better defender, but the Sixers really needed more shooters.

I believe the Sixers were hard-capped so they didn't have tons of options yet they (or rather, Morey) filled a dire need, got off of a long-term albatross contract, and somehow managed to reduce salary this year. The Sixers may be under the apron now; I haven't done the math though. Either way, a very successful off-season so far.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 25, 2020, 10:29:28 AM »
The 2020-2021 All City Jerseys are out
https://www.nba.com/news/new-team-uniforms-2020-21-season

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2462 on: November 26, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »
The Pelicans' jerseys got some mixed reviews, but I like that they chose the city's flag as the basis.  They could've done a lot better in terms of taking liberties with the design (the red and blue stripes could've been bigger instead of being true to the proportions of the actual flag, and the three fleurs-de-lis could've been more prominent instead of giving way to the jersey number).  I like the design overall, even if they're not as good as the Mardi Gras unis.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2463 on: November 26, 2020, 06:31:10 PM »
The Suns city edition is really stylish.  Very 8 bit retro.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 27, 2020, 12:13:27 AM »
I like the "Dark Mode" variant on the Jazz's City Jersey more than I do the normal one, but I don't like our City Jersey in general.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 27, 2020, 04:19:23 PM »
I feel like I would normally hate the Suns City Jerseys, but I actually really like it. I also like the Sixers’ homage to Boathouse Row. The Jazz’s Dark Mode City Jerseys are better than last years’ but still not good. The Magic’s City Jerseys should have more orange if they’re going to do it.
I'm most impressed by the Hawks. They should be a playoff team, especially if the Kings don't match the offer sheet for Bogdan Bogdanović. The Kings absolutely should, but Kings gonna King.

Old news, but Kings gonna King. Match then trade Bogdanović before the deadline and get at least a first round pick, you dummies. Chances are the Hawks and Bucks will still want him.

Just ban the Kings and Hornets out of the league for a couple seasons until they get their act together.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto
« Reply #2466 on: November 28, 2020, 03:24:06 PM »
Well first of all the Suns and Lakers got better which is scary for the Lakers. 

As most know here last seasons roster for the Lakers was put together after Kawhi stalled and wasted the Lakers and Raptors time while he got Pandemic P.    This season for the Lakers we got younger than we were now that the Lakers are on AD's timeline.   I like the Schroeder signing as he is a player who can create for himself and others.  That was needed last season.  I also liked how we got more offense off the bench as that was a problem last season.   

As for the Suns they kept their 8-0 bubble team and got more depth and it is looking like the Suns are going to make the playoffs for the first time in 11 years.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2467 on: December 02, 2020, 03:20:05 PM »
Well it looks like LBJ is retiring as a Laker.  Just signed a 2 year extension and is signed through 2023.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: December 02, 2020, 04:15:35 PM »
Gotta play with Bronny Jr.
Or at least that's the hope.
I hope he makes it, and his son can join the team too.

Edit: and did you hear that all 3 Ball Bros /Baller Brand are now officially in the NBA.
LiAngelo got signed with The Pistons today.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 08:33:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2469 on: December 02, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
Gotta play with Bronny Jr.
Or at least that's the hope.
I hope he makes it, and his son can join the team too.

Edit: and did you hear that all 3 Ball Bros /Baller Brand are now officially in the NBA.
LiAngelo got signed with The Pistons today.

Yeah with Bronny if the NBA looks at the 1 and done rule in 2022 then Bronny should be draft eligable in 2023 if not 2024.  LBJ could stay longer than the contract but for now at the end of the contract he will be 38 and Bronny could be in the league in 2023 and if not then 2024 when LeBron's contract is up. 

But yeah all three Ball Bros are in the league.  Lonzo with the Pelicans,  Lamelo with the Hornets. LiAngelo with the Pistons. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: December 02, 2020, 10:47:23 PM »
Houston Rockets, Washington Wizards agree to Russell Westbrook-John Wall trade

Imagine being Tillman Fertitta and accomplishing the following in three years:
  • Buy a Rockets team good enough to almost beat the Kevin Durant led Warriors, literally one historically bad half from beating them
  • Trade Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook, two draft picks (2024 and 2026, both protected 1-4), a 2021 pick swap (protected 1-4), and a 2025 pick swap (protected 1-20)
  • Build a team around Mike D’Antoni’s small ball system
  • Watch Chris Paul resurrect his career in one season and come one play from sending your team home
  • Drive Mike D’Antoni out of town
  • Drive Daryl Morey out of town
  • Offer James Harden a two year extension that he refuses
  • Trade Russell Westbrook for a post-torn Achilles John Wall and a heavily protected first round pick with a reasonable chance to ultimately convey as two second round picks in 2026 and 2027
James Harden has two years left on his current contract and is apparently unhappy. That 2024 draft pick the Rockets sent to the Thunder is the one to keep an eye on. The Rockets are fuuuuuuuucked.

Now, imagine being Sam Presti, getting two draft picks and two pick swaps to watch Chris Paul have an amazing year then flipping him a year later for another draft pick while getting to properly tank for the next few years with young players, the most egregious war chest of future draft picks in sports history, and cap space.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: December 02, 2020, 11:13:59 PM »
The NBA off season is more entertaining than the NFL regular season. 🤣🤣
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:15:34 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2472 on: December 03, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »
AD signs a 5 year 190 mil deal to stay with the Lakers.  Lakers are having a dynasty now!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 03, 2020, 11:45:22 AM »
If only Durant stayed in The Bay, we'd have a good ol NorCal v SoCal rivalry going for the next few years assuming Curry could stay healthy and Klay comes back next year.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 03, 2020, 03:57:54 PM »
AD signs a 5 year 190 mil deal to stay with the Lakers.  Lakers are having a dynasty now!!!
Whoa, settle down, miss. The Lakers have to win more than one to be a dynasty.

I'm both surprised and not surprised Anthony Davis signed a five year deal even with the opt out. If he signed a two-and-one, he could have opted out and signed the 10-year veterans max which the Lakers would have gladly offered. At the same time, this mofo spent all of the last season repeatedly either falling to the floor, doubled over in pain or getting poked in the eye. In that case, secure that bag.

The Lakers are considered favorites to repeat this season by most outlets and analysts, and I actually don't like that. Last season, people were doubting them all year so no one was prepared when they started steamrolling through the playoffs. The Lakers have a target on their backs now. I'm naturally drawn to being pessimistic about the team. However, it's hard to argue that despite winning the championship, they approached the off-season as if they lost and made major moves to get better and younger.