Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV is Coming to GBA  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Final Fantasy IV is Coming to GBA
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:41:38 PM »
We're still waiting on FFIII for the DS, but Nintendo and Square Enix are continuing the series on Game Boy.

Nintendo News: 'FINAL FANTASY(R) IV' Comes to Game Boy Advance SP    

Fans of the legendary "FINAL FANTASY" series can rejoice.  The fourth   installment of the wildly popular series will be published by Nintendo and   available on Dec. 12 for Game Boy(R) Advance SP and Game Boy(R) Micro.    

The GBA version of this classic adventure includes 18 towns and castles,   dozens of magical spells and hundreds of monsters, weapons and items to help   players on their quests.  The game features the astounding music, challenging   adventures and interesting storyline that are the hallmarks of the "FINAL   FANTASY" franchise.  Additional game elements also have been added to enhance   the Game Boy Advance version.    

Players can expect 30 to 40 hours of playing time as they journey on land,   on sea and in the air, and explore new towns, caves and mountains in their   attempt to recover stolen crystals.  Twelve different characters with new   abilities, spells and items join and leave the party at different parts of the   quest to keep the game fresh.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Fro

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy IV is Coming to GBA
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 12:51:40 PM »
My favorite RPG of all time... great news.  This will probably get picked up.  Hopefully this is the Hardtype version and a good translation (with "you spoony bard" left in though).

It'll be awesome if they add in some items that were always rumored (i.e., an item like "soft" you can use in a hallway in Baron Castle and have it actually work).

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:05:52 PM »
One thing that would be nice is if both the hard type and the easy type were left in basically as two difficulty levels.  The timing of this release is weird though as the GBA is on it's last legs.  Of all the hundreds of ports on the GBA (some of which I can't imagine anyone even wanting) the number one request from people was Square games.  Yet Square Enix has taken their time in doing this.  Not that I personally have a problem with because I don't like how the GBA has so many ports but it's an odd business decision anyway.

I don't see why Square Enix can't release these in order.  Why the hell is Final Fantasy III so obscure?  THAT'S the port we really want.  I know there was the DS announcement but we haven't heard anything about that since we first found out about it.  I'm not completely confident that it will ever show up.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 01:06:02 PM »
'FINAL FANTASY(R) IV' Comes to Game Boy Advance SP
Titles like this annoy me.  So I can't play it on my GBA or GBM?  Bummer  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 01:32:17 PM »
Keep in mind the DS can play GBA games, plus there's already a huge base of GBAs out there.  If anything's really super for GBA people with DS's will buy it (i.e. Gunstar Super Heroes, etc).  That's the great thing about backwards compatibility.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 01:32:52 PM »
Square needs to do to the Final Fantasy series like Nintendo did to the Zelda series... drop the numbers... It's less confusing
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 03:21:31 PM »
Man... blah... I need to save money, so as much as I'd like to play the game on the go.. there is no point when I already have both the PSX disc and the SNES cart with the game on it.  I just recently passed up 1&2 for gba on the cheap at Best Buy's sale...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy IV is Coming to GBA
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 04:35:23 PM »
One FF this time around?. Couldn't they have easily coupled it with FFV? You can only [legally] get it here on the PSone, so its not like its been spread thin.

But I shouldn't really complain. At least they've bothered to port it. Its amazing that SquareEnix hasn't jumped on the porting bandwagon as Ian said since they've been on speaking terms with Nintendo. Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, hell even unreleased games (Seiken Denestu 3, Bahamut Lagoon)  will get some good sales. Oh well...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 06:28:34 PM »
So wait ... which one is this?  6JP?  4JP?  FF numbering confuses me....
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy IV is Coming to GBA
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »
FF2 USA, FF4 JP. The one with Cecil, Kain, etc...
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 02:17:31 AM »
I lol at PSP [snip] who bought their system for RPGs

I suggest that you don't make comments like these - it's not only offensive, but trolling as well. - Mod
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 07:53:53 AM »
Using "homosexual" as an insult clearly shows your maturity, RABicle.