Author Topic: Episode 285: Metroid II, Samus Returns, and AM2R  (Read 7547 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Episode 285: Metroid II, Samus Returns, and AM2R
« on: August 13, 2021, 05:50:06 AM »

Part 2 of the Metroid Game Club

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/58075/episode-285-metroid-ii-samus-returns-and-am2r

We've gathered a mix of old and new voices to join our latest Metroid Game Club discussion. Metroid II: Return of Samus sets the groundwork for not only an official remake in Metroid: Samus Returns, but a slew of fan remakes including the legendary AM2R. Our gang discusses the evolution of gameplay, interpretations of the story, and the place of fan games within the franchise.

Connectivity has joined Twitter, so be sure to follow @ConnectivityNWR to be up to date on any announcements. We are wanting more listener participation, so feel free to ask questions, they may show up in the show!     Please send in some hard-hitting questions for the Connectivity gang to ponder over: the address is connectivity@nintendoworldreport.com

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 285: Metroid II, Samus Returns, and AM2R
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 08:55:33 AM »
Great episode.  As a kid who loved Metroid I was very happy with Metroid II since I could play Metroid on the go or when the one TV was being used.  That being said, I bought it on 3DS VC and found I liked it a whole lot more as a kid.  I know the huge sprites are grating today, but I liked them since the other option was indistinct tiny sprites like Super Mario Land.  Also, the GB lasted over 10 hours, usually more like 20, on 4 AA batteries.  It was one of the main selling points against the Game Gear which only got 2-3 hours on 6 AAs.