> Announcements

Major Forum Reorganization - April 4, 2019

<< < (7/8) > >>

ejamer:
Good work, on making logical cuts.

ejamer:
Also, I haven't slept in several days. That's not an excuse... but it kind of is.

Khushrenada:
I don't know what to believe after that whirlwind journey.

lolmonade:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on April 06, 2019, 09:09:29 PM ---One thing that would be nice is a dedicated child board for Retroactive discussion threads to have them all in one place and easy to find.

Also reader reviews should probably be under general gaming.

--- End quote ---

I agree on both of these.

But yes, I appreciate y'all taking time out of your schedule to trim the fat and make the forum front presentation a bit cleaner.  I don't know how much work goes into that, but I dig it!

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: UncleBob on April 04, 2019, 03:11:23 PM ---I, for one, support an upgrade of the forum software. :D

--- End quote ---

SECONDED

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on April 04, 2019, 06:04:03 PM ---Okay, so looking into the software upgrade thing it actually doesn't seem that complicated, so I'm going to do my best to get it done. There's a new major version of the software coming out soon (we're on 2.0.8, the current one is 2.0.15, and 2.1 is apparently getting really close), and once that's ready I hope to be able to get us upgraded to that one. Based on the description on the site, it sounds like it adds a lot.

--- End quote ---

Awesome!!
what's the new features we could expect, should this long overdue upgrade actually take place?

and one other thing.... do they have to be called "Child Boards"?
can't they be renamed to "Sub-Forum" or something less degrading....?

the other thing, I hadn't left the General Chat in about a week, so it took me a while to even notice the change to the boards. It wasn't till I reloaded a page on my phone instead of the computer, and couldn't find a thread I was just posting in, that I had to back out to the main forum and realized things were different.
50% of all the forums had disappeared. and all our Media talk had moved to a shrunken pocket dimension.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version