Author Topic: Nintendo to announce mystery sequel?  (Read 14560 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo to announce mystery sequel?
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
F this. I'm not falling for this mystery announcement thing again. I don't care unless there's an actual announcement.
You lie; aren't you just the teeniest bit excited?  What could it be?  The possibilities are practically limitless.

/hopes up
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Brain Training Wii has already been announced and shown..

Nope, that was Big Brain Academy.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
F this. I'm not falling for this mystery announcement thing again. I don't care unless there's an actual announcement.

This man has the right idea.

After the last 3-4 bogus secrets, I have no question this one is fake as well.

Unless it's Pilotwings, Kid Icarus, or Punchout, I don't care.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Well at least we know it won't be Earthbound, right Bill?

Originally posted by: nitsu niflheim
I can always hope, at least there's a better chance of us getting Star Tropics 3 than of getting Mother 3
What sucks is that I agree... ;_;

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo to announce mystery sequel?
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2007, 05:35:47 PM »
The guy in that picture looks exceedingly phallic with that hat on.  Like the glaring chick has an inhumanly large boner.
I mean, you know, when glanced briefly.
GOREGASM!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2007, 05:39:51 PM »
Just so everyone knows, I don't expect anything to come out of this.

Unless a major 3rd party announces a press release, I don't see any reason to get excited.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Smoke39
The guy in that picture looks exceedingly phallic with that hat on.  Like the glaring chick has an inhumanly large boner.

I thought the same thing.

Are you my long lost brother?

If so, you owe me 50 bucks.  F*cker.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »
This is like the biggest non-rumour ever? I mean, think about it. Basically what this rumour says is that sometime in the future, not sure when, Nintendo is going to announce a new sequel to an older game. Nintendo. Continuation of a series. It's not like this is rare, people. Not like this doesn't happen very often. This is the equivalent of a rumour saying Nintendo will one day in the future announce a new game with Mario in it. Miss Cleo could predict that for god's sake.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »
Heh, Nice Bill. Now for some entertainment http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o279/xiaoshawn93/sigs/bwahahaha.gif">DAnce Dance! Ohayoo
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2007, 06:33:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"They could extend it by simply adding more mansions. Imagine King Boo escapes and he and his Boos take over an upscale Mushroom Kingdom neighborhood."

That's a pretty cool idea.  Hell the game can just involve wandering through the Mushroom Kingdom getting rid of ghost infestations in building or different sizes and even just general areas like forests or lakes.  Then it's like an adventure game like Zelda but with the Luigi's Mansion gameplay and with the emphasis being on ghost catching.  If you have a place to explore then I think it would become much more interesting.  Damn.  Now I want this fantasy game we just made up.

If there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gunna call? Gho... LUIGI!!!

Originally posted by: Smoke39
The guy in that picture looks exceedingly phallic with that hat on. Like the glaring chick has an inhumanly large boner.

LOL, that is exactly what I saw when I briefly glanced.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2007, 11:47:01 PM »

Originally posted by: nitsu niflheim
Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Star Tropics... Please.

I endorse this post
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2007, 01:31:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Well in the Cube game that flashlight and the vacuum were the same thing.  You stopped shining the flashlight when you sucked.

Oh right, I completely forgot about the gameplay.
*note for later: play some Luigi's Mansion on the Wii*
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »
bad japanese translation aside... do we know this is a nintendo software game? the reason i ask is because there are rumors of a new ghostbusters video game that is in the works... (the luigi's mansion talk reminded me)

oh, and i too endorse a star tropics game

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2007, 02:08:47 AM »
what if the Wii is So easy to develop On that  they're ready to announce the next Zelda?

Personally I only just got the master Sword So news of the follow up game would be extremLy pleasant.

Also there has been a lot of collective joy and rumors of Kid Icarus Since the Ssmb trailers.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2007, 05:25:58 AM »
Metal Gear Sausage
Mega Stamina Man
The Adventures of Simon Belmont
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2007, 05:43:41 AM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane
what if the Wii is So easy to develop On that  they're ready to announce the next Zelda?

Personally I only just got the master Sword So news of the follow up game would be extremLy pleasant.

Also there has been a lot of collective joy and rumors of Kid Icarus Since the Ssmb trailers.

I wish.  I figure we're in for at least a year after TP before they are willing to come out and show anything from the next console entry.  Odds are they'll save it for a keynote at whatever we're calling the E3 thing now.  However, there are rumors that it is already well underway, so maybe we wont have to wait that long.

That said, Kid Icarus would make me happy.  I just worry that any Kid Icarus game made now would end up as a Zelda clone with wings.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2007, 05:44:57 AM »
That's ok.  It happened to Metroid, and Mario64 (somewhat).

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2007, 06:00:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
...and Mario64 (somewhat).

Seriously, did anyone notice the Chain Chomps, Goombas, Piranha Plants and Boos that were all straight out of Link's Awakening? I mean, how shameless can they get for a, then new, Mario title as to steal another franchise's characters?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2007, 07:45:13 AM »
"I just worry that any Kid Icarus game made now would end up as a Zelda clone with wings."

I honestly wouldn't mind this...Make it Zelda-ish with more focus on action and I'm totally there...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
"I just worry that any Kid Icarus game made now would end up as a Zelda clone with wings."

I honestly wouldn't mind this...Make it Zelda-ish with more focus on action and I'm totally there...

As long as it deals with Greek mythology, and you can fly absolutely anywhere you want, this game would be incredible.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
It'd be Mario Galaxy with flying Castlevania Medusa heads.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »
Pit couldn't fly until very near the end of the game. If they made a new Kid Icarus, it'd most likely be primarily jumping and gliding. I'd fear it being more of a Metroid clone if anything. You jump and shoot while collecting power-ups along the way. He never had a bow that doubled as swords before though so they could take that idea and run with it.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:55 AM »
Oh god not a Metroid Prime style game.  That would be just sad.

Ice Climbers Wii: use the nunchaku as a hammer to drive in climbing anchors.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline chris+pie=joy

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »
im speechless.

EXTREMELY speechless.

why are we talking about clones here?

think up more ideas....nintendo stile sims??

Mario as Samus's husband and peach is out for revenge or something be original....

Yoshis with guns: when shyguys go nuts

the legend of link.....hand the master sword over to zelda now...make that B*tch save him now.....

super bowser....yea thats right lets kill mario now....

you know what??....i dont think bowser ever had his own game....i feel sorry for his dino @$$...

EDIT:...excuze me, i feel sorry for his Koopa @$$
i like pie

---------------------------

Wii#:4754-2377-2559-3244

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2007, 10:43:06 AM »
So no new developments on this topic?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown