Author Topic: Masahiro Sakurai Opens YouTube Channel To Discuss Game Development  (Read 765 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

"And be sure to subscribe and hit the notification bell because YouTube's subscription boxes are about as useful as inhaling a Gordo."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61317/masahiro-sakurai-opens-youtube-channel-to-discuss-game-development

Following the completion of Smash Ultimate, series lead Masahiro Sakurai is taking his talents to YouTube.

The technically independent developer has opened a channel called "Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games" that will go into his design philosophies and knowledge.

Sakurai had been posting daily screenshots on his social media from Smash Ultimate until apparently running out of them recently, leading to speculation on his next step. He has expressed that the creation of the channel was intended to "give back to the game industry".

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Masahiro Sakurai Opens YouTube Channel To Discuss Game Development
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 10:54:55 AM »
I'm not going to lie here, either.... His risks vs. rewards video and analysis of Space Invaders was absolutely amazing.

As were the other half-dozen videos.  It's non-pretentious, game design fundamentals in a way that anyone can understand.  Anyone who is designing a game, wants to, or just appreciates gameplay really owes it to themself to check these out and subscribe!