Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 760512 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #2275 on: July 24, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »
Well graphics cards and still steadily dropping, and with the 1180/1170 both leaked to release in Aug/Sep respectively, the prices will continue to drop. I'm hoping out for below MSRP on a 1070/1080 in the near future. So if you want one hang on a bit longer.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 15, 2018, 08:15:22 AM »
Snagged a Nintendo NES Classic Edition. I have an 8bitdo N30 2.4G wireless controller on the way. I’ve barely played the SNES Classic Edition so I think I just bought the NES Classic Edition mostly to have it.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 15, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »
Snagged a Nintendo NES Classic Edition. I have an 8bitdo N30 2.4G wireless controller on the way. I’ve barely played the SNES Classic Edition so I think I just bought the NES Classic Edition mostly to have it.

The SNES Classic has gotten more play here too - although NES is getting some love now thanks to Mega Man 2 and Gradius. Still glad to own them for the nostalgia (and for the cute factor of having two mini-consoles).
NNID: ejamer

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 27, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
Kinda aimlessly walked into a store today and noticed that Wii U games have really fallen in price, so I picked up the following for 18 bucks:

-Art Academy Atelier: always admired the stuff I saw from this on MiiVerse. I wouldn't mind learning to draw, I used to make small doodles on MiiVerse after finishing games.
-Rodea The Sky Soldier: this one always was exceedingly expensive but here I found it for 12$ with the Wii game included too. It has a reversible cover as well. I've read the actual Wii U title is pretty garbage, but the Wii one is supposed to be decent.

There's a few more titles for that system I would like to buy, such as Game & Wario, Mario Maker and the claymation Kirby game, but those are still hovering around 20$ each it seems.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: September 06, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
So, have received my Spidey PS4 Pro and a copy of the game.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING HALF AN HOUR FOR THE INSIPID THING TO INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a good first introduction to the world of Playstation.  It seems that Sony (and presumably MS) have forgotten what a console is.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: October 04, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS)

I'm hesitant about this game. Reviews were definitely mixed, and frankly it sounds a bit garbage from the single-player viewpoint.  But my kids both have 2DS systems now, enjoy Zelda games quite a bit, and are old enough to be decent little game players... hopefully the download play cooperative mode will make this worthwhile?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 04, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS)
I'm hesitant about this game.
I'm fortunate to have friends to play the game, but it does have an unfortunate amount of restrictions and I can't really blame people if that ruined the game for them. For me, it's one of my fave 3DS games and was a refreshing take on Zelda.

I don't suppose you'd be interested in playing online?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 04, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
If you need a third, I need to get more mileage out of my copy. Just gotta peel myself away from my Monster Hunter addiction to play something different...
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 04, 2018, 05:56:28 PM »
Just gotta peel myself away from my Monster Hunter addiction to play something different...
We're doomed.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 04, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »
Tri Force Heroes is the only Zelda game I haven’t purchased or played. I liked Four Swords. It’s okay single-player, but multiplayer is where the game really shines. I imagine the same applies to Tri Force Heroes. The requirements of needing two other people is just too much for me. I can’t wrangle that many people to one place/time unless we’re not playing video games, and even then it gets dicey. Almost everyone I know is too busy making kids.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 04, 2018, 08:25:24 PM »
If you want to play Tri-Force Heroes online, I'm willing to play with you. It's one game I've been wanting to tackle for awhile now along with Federation Force. I've already started planning on some Federation Force online action with Pokepal148 and Mop it up in the Matchmaking thread but I'd also be willing to start getting into Tri-Force Heroes as well. We can work out some times to meet up and play interested.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 04, 2018, 10:30:45 PM »
If it was on Switch, yes. I find it hard to go back to 3DS. I even charged it a few weeks ago to play at the laundromat, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I ended up putzing around on my phone for two hours.

Let me see if I can track down a new copy and how much it is. Also, I'm at the end of Breath of the Wild. I feel like it's going to be weird playing not that kind of Zelda. I've been meaning to start a few discussion threads, one of which was about older Zelda games. I digress.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 05, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »
Sounds like there are enough of us to try getting online with Triforce Heroes. I rarely play online, usually preferring face-to-face gaming when possible - but would definitely make an exception for this crew. Just need to break away from Majora's Mask for a while.

Triforce heroes is relatively cheap now ($20 taxes in from EB Games Canada, probably less in US) and there are enough people willing to play. Anyone on the fence should give it a shot!

Matchmaking thread for anyone interested:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=56492.0

If you need a third, I need to get more mileage out of my copy. Just gotta peel myself away from my Monster Hunter addiction to play something different...

Spent a long time looking at Monster Hunter Generations (3DS) yesterday, but am trying to cut down on my backlog instead of adding 100+ hour games to the list. Triforce Heroes was cheap and enough of a novelty that it seemed worth trying with my kids though.

Plus, I love the fact that my 3DS is an absolutely stacked Zelda machine. I think this makes 13 Zelda titles for me on the system...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 05, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »
Tri Force Heroes is the only Zelda game I haven’t purchased or played. I liked Four Swords. It’s okay single-player, but multiplayer is where the game really shines. I imagine the same applies to Tri Force Heroes. The requirements of needing two other people is just too much for me. I can’t wrangle that many people to one place/time unless we’re not playing video games, and even then it gets dicey. Almost everyone I know is too busy making kids.
And you weren't interested in trying it online?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 05, 2018, 11:40:11 AM »
Just gotta peel myself away from my Monster Hunter addiction to play something different...
We're doomed.

You are the C-3PO to my R2-D2!
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 05, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »
If you want to play Tri-Force Heroes online, I'm willing to play with you. It's one game I've been wanting to tackle for awhile now along with Federation Force. I've already started planning on some Federation Force online action with Pokepal148 and Mop it up in the Matchmaking thread but I'd also be willing to start getting into Tri-Force Heroes as well. We can work out some times to meet up and play interested.

I was just thinking about this game earlier this week and thinking about picking it up if it was cheap enough along with one or two odd 3DS titles I feel I should grab while the grabbing is good, but I assume everyone had already played it and moved on. Its in that $20 sweet spot right now so if you guys are looking to play then I may pick it up...I just need to get over my Monster Hunter addiction.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 05, 2018, 11:47:34 AM »
I've never been one of those people who ditches something just because it's "old" and am constantly moving to the new flavour of the week. I've got a willingness to play any online game provided I liked the game to begin with. All someone's gotta do is ask.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 05, 2018, 11:48:37 AM »
Then I'll get to work on sating this Monster Hunter Addiction so that we can get to some Space Marining goodness.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 05, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »
Literally a year and a half in the making....

In addition, from this list here, you'll see that I know have Triforce Heroes and Federation Force. After telling me I need to get more co-op games and do more online multiplayer, here's the chance to help me do just that.

I'm game for Triforce Heroes. I still need to pick up Federation Force, so I'll do that this Spring/Summer to play with you guys as well...so long as Breath of the Wild lets me come up for air. That game is really keeping me hooked. Only other game that has been able to tear me away is my custom hack of FE6 as I have begun dabbling in rom hacks.

In any case, I'm always game for any game, so just let me know. Tri Force Heroes requires three players so that could be tricky, it's possible to sub in a random with two friends but that can be a crap shoot. Federation Farce doesn't quite have that issue, though it is balanced for four players and some missions can be pretty tough with just 2 players. But you don't sound like someone to back down from a challenge!

I, too, have Tri-Force Heroes and would be up for some online co-op play sometime. I haven't even cracked the game yet. I tried the demo awhile back and it was good fun.

I'm game for some Tri-Force Heroes. Though I will have to tear myself away from BotW to do it. Might be a nice change of pace.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 05, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
We sure know how to build hype.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: October 05, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
I sure do love to talk about playing games while being addicted to other games.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 05, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »
You're not alone when it comes to that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 05, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
In a way we're all kinda that way, like this is our AA support group for games.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 15, 2018, 05:48:55 AM »
I nabbed a black standard sized new 3DS for $120. It's honestly just a nice little oddity to have in the collection considering how short lived that iteration of the system wound up being in the US.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:53:48 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: November 02, 2018, 01:25:46 AM »
Bought joy-con stick replacement and a new battery for 3DS XL.

While preparing the joy-con i discovered the stick doesn't drift as much. I guess i will postpone that for now.

But battery replacement for 3DS was definitely due -- handheld's old battery was dying within 10 minutes after taking out of a charger. Works okay for now and it's just nice to play the thing without it constantly blinking red and dying.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks