Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674450 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I question Kerr's coaching at time as there was a point in the game where Kerr had this lineup on the floor....

So it's not like the Rocket's didn't have many chances to win this game.
but you know the Rockets when it comes to the Warriors in the post season...

but then again...

what do we know.... it can't be all luck.

I mean, if Curry ain't got no points in the 1st half, Klay only 21pts, and Durant ain't even playing....
yet you only manage to tie the Dubs at halftime (57-57).... that's better than best case scenario for the Warriors. Cause for 1, we still managed to score 57 points!!!!

Kevon was series MVP as far as I'm concerned. He stepped the **** up. REBOUNDS, hell, he was out there dribbling and making plays at one point. He showed that he actually has a little game in him. I was shocked. I think the Rockets were a little shook too.
Kerr went 11 deep into the bench in the 1st quarter.... who does that!?
The Rockets have to feel bad about this one. it should have been a first half blow out, but our bench actually came through and held it down out there while Curry tried to figure it out

and it was well deserved, because his 2nd half of 3rd thru 4th quarter performance was amazing.
https://streamable.com/nbki2  <-- Some 4th Qtr Steph
There was one point where he hit his hand... and I don't know if you saw his dislocated finger after last game, but that **** was not looking healthy at all. He had it taped to 2 other fingers for this game. and he still managed to shake and bake and hit big shots right up till the end.

Curry, in the last 5 minutes of the game, actually scored just as much as the Rockets, by himself 16:16.

But a lot of credit goes to Klay too, as the Splash Bros (and Iggy 5x 3ptrs!!) made it rain in Houston last night.
Klay held it down in the 1st half, and hit a dagger late in the 4th as well. MaxKlay incoming!!

https://twitter.com/balldontstop/status/1127058601682432000 <-video of shot at link

Now we get 3 days rest.

Respekt from the Rockets Management.
But they tried..... remember when they said "We just want a fair chance"... :|
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835689-chris-paul-reportedly-denied-stephen-curry-practice-time-before-game-6
just another reason to continue rooting against CP3 (BAMF)
http://youtu.be/zViXs0E5Di8#t=2m9s

**** CP3 LOL

And it's why Curry yelled "Kick me off the court again, boy!" as he celebrated the Game 6 victory with Draymond Green just outside the Warriors' locker room.

"Champions recognize Champions" - Curry giving the Rockets and CP3 shade. LMAO
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/csn/warriors/Chris_Paul_kicked_Steph_Curry_off_court_night_before_Game_6_showdown_BAY-509791472.html

LMAO --> https://streamable.com/skik8 <-- 😂🤣

on the other hand....
I hope Dame and Joker go out and set a new NBA record and go for 6 OT's on Mothers Day. LOL
Warriors are all banged up, we need a few days and a slightly tired opponent. LOL

*EDITS HAVE OCCURRED - CHECK POST AGAIN IF YOU READ EARLIER AND NEVER RESPONDED.*
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:09:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
If this is how BnM is going to be after the semis how is he going to be like after the finals? :P

In any case I am pretty excited for the two game 7s tomorrow. I see the Nuggets and Raptors winning out in their respective series.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Can  i just say I was very close to making my first gambling bet yesterday, but I didn't know exactly who to call or how to place it in such short notice after I got off work.

Warrior were 7-1 Odds in favor of Rockets beginning of the day.
I was about to put down $500 and I woulda won $3500.

But it's just that I really dislike Harden's style of play and CP3, so by extension, The Houston Rockets. All the **** they talk, the hypocritical and petti actions they take, and the flopping... OMG the got damn flopping. To see them win anything is to award the worst of modern basketball.

Whatever happens after we have beaten the Rockets happens. This was just the series that had to be won for us no matter what. I'm not discounting whoever comes next.... but Houston was the team that openly structured their game to dismantle ours. Not that theirs anything wrong with that, but with Lebron gone... Houston was our only existing pre-rival threat to get past.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
If this is how BnM is going to be after the semis how is he going to be like after the finals? :P

He'll probably be pretty quiet, after the Warriors lose to the Blazers in 5 games during Conference Finals.
(Haha. Blazers are great, but I see NO possible future where that actually happens. I do look forward to a Warriors/Bucks match up though.)

As a long-time Raptors fan, I'm dreading Sunday. Great season, but futility in the playoffs is all I know. Sure, things are different with Kawhi. But until Toronto proves otherwise, it's hard to believe things will be that different... check out percentages on open 3s during this series to understand. Visions of Carter pulling up at the end of game 7 vs Philly have been haunting my dreams all week.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Not gonna lie, as a Dubs fan, I was HYPED for the Warriors v Rockets series.
We all knew it was gonna happen at some point.

Everything else outside of the actual finals is regular basketball. Warriors needed to exorcize the "Boogie man" from under the bed.
We'll see how the rest of the playoffs play out.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's games tho.
I haven't seen a full game from either series yet, but I plan to tomorrow.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
But it's just that I really dislike Harden's style of play and CP3, so by extension, The Houston Rockets. All the **** they talk, the hypocritical and petti actions they take, and the flopping... OMG the got damn flopping. To see them win anything is to award the worst of modern basketball.
That's pretty much how I view Rockets basketball and why I actively root against them these days. I'm at the point where I'm tired of seeing one team (the Warriors) win all the time, but at least I can defend their style of basketball. Curry's handles/shooting, Thompson's shooting form/defense etc. are *chef kiss*

On the other side, Harden and Paul flopping and "drawing fouls" by forcibly tangling their bodies into the opponents' makes me not want to watch those games. I know everyone saw Warriors vs. Rockets as the "real" championship of the post-season. I'm just glad it's over, and that the Warriors pulled it out even though this really should have been a sweep.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Watching the Warriors continually win is sometimes boring.
But watching Chris Paul lose will never grow tiresome.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Watching the Warriors continually win is sometimes boring.
But watching Chris Paul lose will never grow tiresome.
That's fair.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So it is looking like the Lakers have found a head coach in Frank Vogel with Jason Kidd as an assistant/mentor for Lonzo. While I think that Kidd shouldn't really be in coaching position because he isn't the best coach and other non basketball reasons like his criminal history I guess we are stuck with him.  We are going to need an more offensive minded assistant because Vogel is more defensive focused.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
We are going to need an more offensive minded assistant because Vogel is more defensive focused.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I guess that could work. There have been players who do key in on some plays that would work for the team on the offensive end.

In response to the 4th quarter breakdown by the Rockets this video just popped into my YT feed.   It breaks down the 4th quarter and how the Warriors won. 

For BnM:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9fOLuon3Lc
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
So it is looking like the Lakers have found a head coach in Frank Vogel with Jason Kidd as an assistant/mentor for Lonzo. While I think that Kidd shouldn't really be in coaching position because he isn't the best coach and other non basketball reasons like his criminal history I guess we are stuck with him.  We are going to need an more offensive minded assistant because Vogel is more defensive focused.

I'm ok with the Vogel hire, but a bit baffled at why they bring Kidd in at the same time. It's like they enjoy courting disaster.

When exactly did the Lakers organization become so dysfunctional? Was it ridiculous like this before Jerry Bus passed away, or is it only afterwards that leadership become a sucking void?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.

I'm ok with the Vogel hire, but a bit baffled at why they bring Kidd in at the same time. It's like they enjoy courting disaster.

When exactly did the Lakers organization become so dysfunctional? Was it ridiculous like this before Jerry Bus passed away, or is it only afterwards that leadership become a sucking void?
It pretty much started after Dr. Buss died in 2013 and there was that time with Jim Buss was running things and he said in 2014 that he would have the Lakers contending in the Western Conference Finals in 3 to 4 years. Jeanie said that she was holding him to that time frame and at least get to the 2nd round by the 2016/2017 season. That didn't happen and Jeanie took over after that season and things haven't really been that good in the front office aside from getting rid of bad contracts ,that Jim Buss signed, like Mozgov and Deng and rebuilding through the draft and having cap space. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Well, it appears we have our first upset of these playoffs, as the Trail Blazers defeated the Nuggets in Game 7 to move on to face the Warriors.

Never thought I'd see the day where Enes Kanter, the perpetually useless backup Center when he was on the Jazz, would be a major player in a Western Conference Finals playoff series.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Curry vs Curry

And the big topic of discussion in the west will now be: What will Curry parents wear to the games!?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Warriors. No one like Seth.

No one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Round 2 currently I say Warriors in 7, Denver in 6, Bucks win in 6, Raptors win in 7.

So those were my predictions for round 2.  Lets see how I did... Warriors in 6, Bucks in 5, Blazers in 7, Raptors in 7.    Now for the Conference finals we have Warriors vs Blazers and Bucks versus Raptors.   I am going to be contrarian and say Blazers in 6.  Finally Raptors in 7.

The WCF are all going to depend on when Boogie and Durant return. If they return in Game 3 or 4 then I see the Blazers winning and if a game 2 and 3 return then Warriors but it will go to 7.   Out East it is hard to gauge because the Bucks have Giannis, Middleton, and Lopez and the Raptors have Leonard, Lowry and Siakam and it is going to see who is going to cancel out each other.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Wait... did I just see Kawhi smile?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Look at this shot to end the game!!!!
For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXd6OPakeA
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
First buzzer beater in a game 7 in NBA history apparently.

and Yes, Kawhi was smiling and being emotive of his general happiness.
But if that's how they gonna play... they bout to have a short series against the Bucks.

MIL in 5 if they keep missing open looks and giving the other team open looks and counting on them missing them as well. Bucks ain't getting down like that this year.

Dubs vs Blaze gonna be a fun one though..
I ofcourse expect them to get handled. like they usually do. Announcers will point out that they were 2-2 for the season... but does that really matter? While the Blazers showed up to prove a point against the Warriors, the Warriors weren't gonna go all out to make a statement to them during the regular season. Dame & McCollum are not to be underestimated once they get going though, especially if they can both do it at the same time. Very similar a threat as the Splash Bros.

In the scenario where Durant is available to play. I say he only returns in this situation (Boogie is not expected till the NBA Finals.... assuming we make it that far):
If Warriors win 1st 2 home games, and win game 3, Durant doesn't return till game 4 (limited minutes - Close out game)
If Warriors win 1st 2 home games, but lose game 3, Durant returns game 4
If Warriors lose 1 of 1st 2 home games Durant returns game 3

I see them wanting to rest him as much as possible, but not extend the series if they don't need to.
Warriors in 5 is my guess, but I think Dubs in 6 is worse case scenario.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Look at this shot to end the game!!!!
For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXd6OPakeA

As incredible as it was.... it wasn't even the first time this season :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0OnvOHXRlw

I feel for Embiid though, as this will be meme'd to death for the rest of his relevance.

He should have known to cover his face with a towel on the way to the locker room.... live and learn I guess.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:41:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
But if that's how they gonna play... they bout to have a short series against the Bucks.

I think that the Sixers might have matched up better versus the Bucks, and have concerns about how the Raptors will fare in the ECF. That said, if shooting averages start to regress to the mean then the Raptors could surprise a lot of people -- themselves included, I bet. Percentages on wide open shots during this last series were putrid across the board.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
I see them wanting to rest him as much as possible, but not extend the series if they don't need to.
Warriors in 5 is my guess, but I think Dubs in 6 is worse case scenario.

Tend to agree, although I think (a) they want Durant back on the floor for a few minutes before the series ends to get some time before heading to the finals, and (b) I think you are underestimating how badly Portland wants this.

While ending in 5 games is definitely possible, I like Warriors in 6 this series because I think the Blazers have enough self-confidence and determination to pull a pair of wins - probably one at home and one away?  With Durant out for a few games, the match ups are also balanced enough to be interesting IMO.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
That shot by Leonard was a thing of beauty. The echo of the buzzer as it stops and the ball still hasn't gone in. Incredible.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1127987986845454345?s=20

Durant's re-evaluation will be Thursday. So he's out for Game 1.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV