Author Topic: Guitar Hero 3  (Read 7816 times)

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
Guitar Hero 3
« on: November 23, 2007, 03:23:17 AM »
Accadentaly posted this thread in general chat, but it should be here.

Anyways, like I said there, it is by far the best game I have played for the Wii. What are your thoughts?
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.

Offline raptorspike

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Guitar Hero 3
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:33:59 AM »
Best Played, maybe

Best Released, far from. Neversoft dropped the ball with the lack of DLC, no extra guitars within two weeks of release, and no stereo/surround sound

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:05:53 AM »
Well, that's one way of looking at it. No, they did not release any extra guitars, but they have many interchangeable plates for the front of the guitar. As for downloadable content, there are quite a few songs to chose from in career mode, and there are a few extra different one's in co-op. Along with that, there are about 20 bonus songs apart from the ones I just explained. I am well satisfied with all that. And if you vito a game based on the sound, i doubt you're going to be satisfied with much.

Nice nickname by the way.
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
By the way, these are my favorite songs from Guitar Hero 3:

My playlist

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 10:25:23 AM »
Unfortunately the day I got this I was way too tired to appreciate it. I still have to find both the time and energy to really dig into it and enjoy it, because I know that I'll enjoy it immensely once I get started.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 10:33:32 AM »
Well, I hope you find the energy. I just remembered, there is one thing about the game that isn't the best: the singer. The singer of your band... *sigh* I don't know, you may like him, but I think the singer of your band is the most annoying person ever.

Offline raptorspike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »
Well, mysticspike, thank you for the compliments

As for the game: I was expecting at least stereo considering it says Dolby ProLogic II. I was expecting something along the lines of DLC (I at least want the three boss battles, especially "Devil"). Maybe they could sell us a CD of the DLC to download to our Wii until we get online abilities. Also, I can't unlock any of the co-op stuff because none of my friends want to play on a wiimote only. As for faceplates, where have you found ones for the wii-tar

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 07:45:07 AM »
First of all, sorry if you took what I said personally (except for the nickname comment I guess).

But if you want the songs, why don't you just download them off iTunes, or something. And I found like 30 face-plates for the Wiitar at the Best Buy near me.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 08:32:25 AM »

Originally posted by: mysticspike
First of all, sorry if you took what I said personally (except for the nickname comment I guess).

But if you want the songs, why don't you just download them off iTunes, or something. And I found like 30 face-plates for the Wiitar at the Best Buy near me.

Do you, like, work for Activision or something?  Is it your job to go on message boards and attempt to placate angry Wii players of the game?

Activision failed to release extra guitars for the game.  Faceplates are NO substitute for extra controllers.

Activision failed to provide sound technology that is advertised on the box.  False advertising is generally frowned upon, no matter how trivial the feature may be.

Considering that the Wii is the market leader, it's absolutely ridiculous that we have to put up with all this.

(Oh, and how is downloading songs off iTunes a replacement for playing new songs in the game?  I really don't follow that logic at all.)
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »
Well, I thought you meant listening to the songs, not playing them. My bad.
You seem to be pretty negative about the game though. And no, I don't work for Activision, however much I do want to.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
RE: Guitar Hero 3
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 03:42:53 PM »
Activision is just the publisher, NeverSoft is the developer, and VIcarious Visions did the Wii porting, so they're the ones that goofed on the sound - which is most likely just a major glitch, I'm sure the actual tracks are recorded in stereo. Also, RedOctane makes the guitars. There aren't any guitars for the 360, PS3, PS2, or PC available alone either. They want to check out the sales for the game on each system before they start pumping out extra controllers, so they can ship accordingly. You can't buy extra drums, mics or guitars for RockBand either - because they want to test the waters first.  
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 03:19:48 AM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
Do you, like, work for Activision or something?  Is it your job to go on message boards and attempt to placate angry Wii players of the game?
mysticspike is someone's alt.  Probably Ty.  He's just a joke account; ignore him.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 05:50:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Brandogg
Activision is just the publisher, NeverSoft is the developer, and VIcarious Visions did the Wii porting, so they're the ones that goofed on the sound - which is most likely just a major glitch, I'm sure the actual tracks are recorded in stereo. Also, RedOctane makes the guitars.

So that's what all those logos are for when you power up the game.  I was wondering why you had to press the green button 12 times just to start the game.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 01:50:13 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: matt oz
mysticspike is someone's alt.  Probably Ty.  He's just a joke account; ignore him.

I don't know if you're joking or not vudu, but please stop. I've gone through this before.

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »
Also, there are a few different guitars out other then the Les Paul that comes with the game, just not for the Wii.

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 11:56:26 PM »
They dropped the ball for Wii and PS3.  All other versions at least had previous edition guitars to use.  And the faceplates work on all the Les Pauls, however, there are not out right now that have the Wii Remote hole cut into them.
Life is good

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 02:13:19 AM »
i wish i could of posted this much much sooner, and im not sure if its been posted before but Circuit City (atleast the one by me) had GH3 on sale for either 69.99 or 79.99 (not sure which) but from what i saw they only had the 360 and ps2 versions... and i saw this on friday night so the sale might be over.. just a (late) heads up in case the sale is still on (doubtful though)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 08:46:25 AM »

Originally posted by: mysticspike
Well, I hope you find the energy. I just remembered, there is one thing about the game that isn't the best: the singer. The singer of your band... *sigh* I don't know, you may like him, but I think the singer of your band is the most annoying person ever.

Apparently you haven't been in a real band before.  That is the way it usually works.  The singer always sucks, and thinks they run the world.  Seems a pretty accurate portrayal to me.
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 09:09:09 AM »
not only is he, well... dull, but ugly as heck too.
and no, i am not in a band, but probly will be soon. i play drums and guitar.

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 07:59:57 AM »
woosh...
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 04:42:32 AM »
So I heard they were working on the problem to get the stereo sound fixed, anybody heard any updates about it?  If they've fixed it yet, or when it might be fixed and they'll be shipping new, fixed copies of it?
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 12:05:47 PM »

Originally posted by: Chasefox
So I heard they were working on the problem to get the stereo sound fixed, anybody heard any updates about it?  If they've fixed it yet, or when it might be fixed and they'll be shipping new, fixed copies of it?

System updates are for the Wii firmware only, rather than the 360's updates which cover the firmware and games (sup hard drive).

If the bug is in the game itself, then it chances of it being fixed without a recall are slim. But I haven't heard anything official so stay tuned.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 08:00:31 PM »
It's funny that so many people have the same gut-level reaction to the singer.  I think it's the width of the mouth and those tiny porcine eyes poking out from behind the hair.  The female singer irks me too, especially when she sings Barracuda.  She's not as cartoonish as the male singer, so when her mouth opens to the "three billiard ball" width, it's all the more unsettling.  
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »

Originally posted by: ReverendNoahWhateley
so when her mouth opens to the "three billiard ball" width, it's all the more unsettling.
some people look for that quality in a woman

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »
...ew...
well, good
we're all in understanding? the "guitar hero 3 singer sucks" people are in formation

so, guys, what are your fav. songs??