Author Topic: Bands  (Read 35636 times)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Bands
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2003, 03:39:27 PM »
OMG the danaconda insulted me LET ME GO CRY RIGHT NOW! I get the feeling danaconda is guilty of setting his am/fm radio on fire ala CKY2k...

Anyway I have been listening to a lot of techno lately, especially Clint Mansell. The stuff he did in Pi and Requiem for a dream is just friggin unbelievable.

Offline dmbfan755

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »
just for kicks- anyone here seen the matrix 2? during the credits, paul oakenfold does some remixing of dave matthews's When the World Ends. I thought it was sweet.  Also, if anyone cares (not alot of dave fans here i guess) Dave matthews is releasing a solo album, titled Some Devil, which is to be released this fall.  
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2003, 06:29:28 AM »
Anybody else heard Kyuss?  Any Queens of the Stone Age fan should have, seeing as it was basically QOTSA with a different singer.   Also, I think Josh Homme is one of the best guitarists of our age. Anyway, here's my list:

Kyuss
Queens of the Stone Age
Tool
Radiohead
Yo La Tengo
The Black Keys
The White Stripes
WEEN!!!!
Robert Johnson(I know he's not a band, but he's still better than 90% of the crap released today)
Beck
Miles Davis(same as Robert Johnson)
Sigur Ros
Rye Coalition
Built to Spill
Wilco
The Walkmen
eels

That's sort of a long list, sorry, but I work in a CD store so I have access to lots of music.  

As for the concert price topic, I saw Weezer, Tencious D, and Jimmy Eat World at one venue for about $30-$40, and a few months ago I Queens of the Stone Age and Rye Coalition(they play old, Zeppelin-sounding rock) for only $17.  Great show.
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2003, 04:56:47 PM »
Hell yes I have heard of Kyuss. Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri were both in Kyuss. (heh, Josh with dreds, and nick with long hair cracks me up)

Bands
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2003, 09:54:24 AM »
Ween absolutely rules!!! have u heard any of their side-projects like Moistboyz, Z-Rock Hawaii (collaboration with the Boredoms) or the jimmy wilson group?

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2003, 08:57:47 AM »
Yeah, I heard the Moistboyz.  It was cool for a while, but it sort of got on my nerves.  I heard that Micky Melchiondo (the "ugly" one, I can't remember if it's Dean or Gene) is going to be on the next Desert Sessions album.  I haven't heard any of the other ones.  Are they along the lines of the Moistboys, or are they more ecclectic(sp?) like Ween?
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2003, 06:50:52 PM »
Clint Mansell! PWEI were great. Coincedentially listening to 'The Looks Or The Lifestyle' on 12" now.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2003, 07:04:26 PM »
I havent even heard of most (any) of the bands in this thread. No one likes Linkin Park? Eminem? Evanesense? Get with the times people

Bands
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2003, 07:39:07 PM »
unfortunately tom servo, I am unable to answer your question b/c I haven't heard any desert sessions material.
mario- everyone knows evanesence is just a top 40 version of theatre of tragedy, silly speaking of pop music, I do like that new single by the white stripes, salva...er, I mean seven nation army. it kinda reminds me of the beatles.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2003, 08:27:09 PM »
Yeah i like that White Stripes song too.

Theatre of tragety?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2003, 08:27:30 PM »
Mario - I've never heard of Theater of Tragedy either. Meh. Who cares? I love Fallen - awesome stuff.
And the new Linkin Park album isn't bad. Not the smash Hybrid Theory was, but a lot darker. I've heard a few songs off it, and am waiting to get it. Numb is stuck in my head at the moment.
And Eminem. The less I say, the better. But he's obviously doing something right if he's rolling in the money -  good marketing, hate maybe?
The White Stripes - my fave is still 'Fell in Love with A Girl' - go the Lego clip!

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2003, 08:42:08 AM »
Bonaroo NE was cancelled today! what the heck? not cool, since dave was gonna play there. THe reason wasn't released, just that it wasn't gonna happen. Did anyone else here about this!?
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Inuyasha

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2003, 02:54:55 PM »
I mostly listen to music from anime like 'Cowboy Bebop', 'InuYasha', and 'Tenchi Muyo!', but I listen to a little bit of Linkin Park. I also listen to P.O.D., especially their song on The Matrix Reloaded soundtrack, 'Sleeping Awake'.

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2003, 06:28:30 AM »
I just hope that twenty years from now, this generation of music isn't remembered for producing Linkin Park or Evanescence.

Or Creed.

Man, I hate Creed.

Anyone listened to Hail to the Thief yet?  Oh man, it's so amazing!!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Ace

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2003, 02:08:50 PM »
How could you guys forget a great band like Goldfinger.  I love their songs.  Seriously, any of the following songs are great to listen to anytime:

Superman
Spokesman
20 Cent Goodbye
99 Red Balloons
If Only
Pick a Fight
Wake Up
My Girlfriends Shower Sucks
I'll Still Feel The Same
Dad
Is She Really Going Out With Him?
San Simeon
Rio
King For a Day
Just Like Heaven
Wayne Gretzky
Counting The Days
My Head

Anyway, other good bands include: System of a Down, No Use For a Name, Disturbed, The Atari's, and Nirvana
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2003, 08:48:47 PM »
Ah crap- I just found out that my Driver's Ed courses start the 23rd, the same day Warped Tour is in town. As luck would have it, I have class from 8 am to 10 am and I'm driving from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, and, as I understand, Warped Tour starts in the morning. I won't mind as long as I don't miss The Ataris or Less Than Jake.

Anyway, anyone like Sunny Day Realstate or Jets Over Brazil? Both great bands, IMO.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2003, 06:49:29 AM »
Well, I missed most of The Ataris, but I still caught a couple songs. Less Than Jake, though, was the real star of the tour- I've never seen any band put on that much of a show. Everybody would talk the audience, they through out inflatable Anthem firecrackers and shirts and even shot off rolled up shirts in a cannon. The crowd was the rowdiest I saw at the show, but I've seen worse (at an Incubus concert).
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2003, 10:55:47 AM »
Drivers ed eh? that had to be LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSS of fun.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2003, 03:04:48 PM »
So fun I just HAD to miss 25 minutes of The Ataris to experience it. : |

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2003, 05:25:19 PM »
I listen to a wide variety of bands, so I'll only mention ones that have been mentioned here, and a few others.

White Stripes (awesome lego video)
Cowboy Bebop music
Beck
They Might Be Giants (best band ever, though not necessarily for the tunes)
Weezer
Poe
Misfits
Monty Python songs
Nirvana
System of a Down
Zelda
Metroid Prime
Jethro Tull
Aphex Twin
SSBM
Radiohead
Weird Al

There are also many bands that I've only heard one or two songs of that I've seen here, including Less Than Jake, At the Drive-In, and the Hives.

And who can forget Jaan Pehechaan Ho from the Ghost World soundtrack?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2003, 09:53:22 AM »
I just listened to O.A.R.'s any time now live CD. it's awesome. Second favorite band now...

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2003, 04:16:28 AM »
Dream Theater
Opeth
Rush
Metallica
Queensryche
Iron Maiden
King Crimson
Genesis
Yes
King's X
Symphony X
Pink Floyd

Many others...
I'm too metal to have a signature...

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2003, 03:53:40 PM »
Killswitch Engage
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Motley Crue
Dream Theater
Twisted Sister

Thats the rock I mostly listen to, as for rap:

Warren G
2Pac
Nas
Biggie Smalls
Bone Thugs and Harmony
Black Rob
Snoop Dog
Dr. Dre
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2003, 03:15:53 AM »
I don't know why, but I loathe Snoop Dog.  Every time I see him I want to run something sharp through his chest.  His face is evil
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Bands
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2003, 12:42:55 PM »
hey Johnny Wonderpants, I just recently got into Opeth. they did a cover of Celtic Frost's "Circle Of The Tyrants" I just picked up "Damnation" and I'll be seeing them on tour in DC on 7.21. the new album is definitely one of the best I've heard so far this year. right behind the new Type O Negative album "Life Is Killing Me" Type O rules!!!