Author Topic: Batman Movies  (Read 36237 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: The Batman
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
It depends on the version. The thing that is most common with him is he's an upper class aristocrat type that wears black and white suits.

I did a quick Photoshop yesterday. I just put Colin Farrel's face on Gary Cooper's body and gave him glasses.

giving him some crazy chompers like Jonah Hill had in Wolf of Wall Street might take him over the edge.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
The Batman is a solid animated series. It's not quite on the level of BTAS but it's still a solid series and a really appreciate that it basically went and did it's own thing instead of aping the DCAU show.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 12:52:51 AM »
The Batman got better after season 1.  I think season 1 was them trying to figure out what they wanted to be and season 2 really showed they figured it out. 

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 12:57:15 AM »
The Batman got better after season 1.  I think season 1 was them trying to figure out what they wanted to be and season 2 really showed they figured it out.

I will definitely argue that Season 4 of The Batman is on par with Batman: TAS, and it definitely improved greatly after season 1. That said, some of its character choices are just baffling, such as reverting Mr. Freeze back to a simple thief fond of spouting Batman & Robin-esque ice puns.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 06:44:03 AM »
Yes The Batman got better and better as they figured out what they wanted to be.  Batman: TAS and Justice League are my gold standard for any comic book animation. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 11:37:27 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: Batman
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 09:51:14 PM »
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/robert-pattinsons-batman-suit-rumored-blue-grey/

I have a feeling that The Batman is going to be very kid friendly. But not overtly so.

I'm kinda expecting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMxcIkgWeCU

or this

I imagine he'll have his own original batlogo for branding reasons.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:01:58 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2019, 05:41:49 PM »
Or it could just be a dark Blue and Grey color films better and it has nothing to do with being kid friendly but designing a costume that will look dynamic on film.  I mean the previous Batman Costumes don't really scream dynamic images. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »
I mean kid friendly in the way Spider-man or Iron Man are, not like Batman Forever is. Also, not incredibly dark like Joker.  If that makes sense. Also, not like Batman v Superman in any way. Maybe the middle between Guardians of the Galaxy and The Dark Knight. I would be positive about a version like this. It would be something different. I'm not sure everyone would like it, but I would.

Basically the difference between this and this

There isn't quite an on screen representation of this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:51:02 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2019, 02:32:55 AM »

I saw this one on Deviant Art
https://www.deviantart.com/kyomusha

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2019, 03:40:49 AM »
I'm still a little disappointed we didnt get JK Simmons more as Gordon because he is a fantastic actor - for proof watch his recent show Counterpart. It's only 20 episodes but his 2 characters is just mind-blowing for how well he plays them. It's Tatiana Maslany levels of good.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 05:13:52 PM »
The DCEU isn't totally dead. Warner wants to have it all ways it seems. I think they've abandoned the "if we have this we can't have that" concept. We'll have to see how well Birds of Prey does. JK Simmon's version of Commissioner Gordon could show up in future movie in that line. If it is successful.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
I thought the white eyes were weird, but then I realized that if you were truly trying to hide your identity hiding your eyes might be wise and important.  Plus it plays on the fear and alienation of the character...it makes Batman less human and more scary.

As for the DC Movie Universe, I think they don't have to give it up, just make better movies in the universe.  The Aquaman movie wasn't great but it was watchable.  Shazam was worse than Aquaman, but watchable.  Start populating that universe and slowly make it less dark would be fine. 

DC as a comic company (in recent years) has seemed to have more powerful heroes but a darker universe.  Like when things go bad, it is almost never a small thing, and events that happen can get twisted fast.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2019, 03:00:41 AM »
I liked both Aquaman and Shazam but wasn't too much of a fan of BVS, SS, or JL. They're weird movies. They're spectacle over substance. They are intriguing to watch the first time, but not good for repeat watches. I think one of the bigger reasons Aquaman and Shazam were appealing is they were lighter. Wonder Women is a movie that starts off good, but ends with some CG nonsense. Christopher Reeve Superman is the Best incarnation. The thing I liked about Man of Steel was the fighting. It was the first Superman with decent fight scenes.  The next best fight scenes is on Superman 3(superman vs superman). Superman 2 is the best Superman movie, but I really need to watch the Richard Donner cut. I've only seen the theatrical version which was still pretty good.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2019, 04:00:43 AM »
I think Superman Returns had huge potential and the scene where he is flying and using heat vision to melt the glass and protect people is just PERFECT superman and creative outside the box thinking about Superman's powers.  I think Man of Steel had someone what good fight scenes, but in the end it was Superman just using brute force.  I really want to see Superman be creative and smart with his powers.  Using all of them for outthink, and maneuver his opponents.  But very few movies show that side of Superman.  He should be having fun showing the futility of the bad guys evil actions to them.  That is an important trait of Superman's. 

Batman also has a style of fighting.  It is misdirection that leads to fear and mistakes.  Batman toys with enemy is a very brutal way, picking his targets eliminating them from biggest treat to weakest, and uses the weakest to get information...But it isn't about showing futility and invulnerability...but about causing as much fear as possible.

The Flash is the community hero.  He is about building a better community and that includes trying to reason with his villains and form relationship with them.  He understands above anyone else that these are humans and people and if you can reach them they can be saved from their life of crime.  Superman has that hope too, but he tends to be more global.

Wonder Woman is the warrior.  Get the job done with as few casualties as possible, but she is like Batman and will give no quarter.  But she is also an ambassador which means she struggles with how she would like to handle the situation and how she should handle it. 

If you can't get these 4 characters right, you can NEVER get Justice League right.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 04:13:37 AM »
They should have just made separate movies first. Batman vs Superman should have just been replaced Ben Afflecks Batman movie. I was pretty excited when he got cast as both Batman and a Director based on how great The Town was. But then the DCEU movies were totally a step backwards from what the Nolanverse movies were. They didn't feel grounded in reality at all. If you threw Batman into the Town that would be a great movie. I kinda want to see Boston as Gotham sometime.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:16:54 AM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »
first leak of Penguin

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:44:15 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 05:59:33 PM »
Who is the actor?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
Colin Farrel

it looks like he'll have practically the same look he had on Fantastic Beasts, but with grey hair

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:50:12 PM by ThePerm »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 09:06:42 PM »
Too tall, too thin, not Danny DeVito. 4.5/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:44:10 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2020, 06:01:30 AM »
He's throwing on weight for the role.

The grey hair is for another role. So kinda curious about the grey haired guy in the first shot with the same hairline

https://youtu.be/j1yKugTpRjg?t=470

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »
I think we need to update the title of the thread to match the name of the movie: The Batman

And, cast characters released, and filming officially started.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200128005479/en/Filming-Underway-Warner-Bros.-Pictures

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2020, 03:14:30 AM »
It started off as The Batman, but then I thought about how this is probably going to have sequels. Also people started talking about the separate The Batman cartoon.

This thread is about Batman movies, but not the DCEU, or DC TV shows. So, you could talk about Matt Reeves The Batman, The Burton Schumacher movies, and the Nolan movies. Suicide Squad, Joker, and Birds of Prey fit in the Venn Diagram. Shazaam, Aquaman and Wonder Woman don't.

My main problem with the other thread is I don't watch the CW shows and I didn't watch Gotham. I might watch those eventually, but I'm mainly into the films. They just seem like a separate topic.

So the logic here is: Does it center around Batman or a major rogues gallery character of his? Is it a movie? If the answer to both those questions is yes then it belongs here.

speaking of Joker I posted this on reddit the other day and it went viral
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:33:06 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Batman Movies
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2020, 05:45:59 AM »
I just don't get it.  Hmmm...