Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Kirby and the Forgotten Land HYPE THREAD!!! Kirby in 3D!!!

(1/3) > >>

pokepal148:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3LAkr0ANgw

I'm kind of legit super hyped for this. Kirby in 3D roaming around a post apocalyptic hellscape? Sign me up!

nickmitch:
I'm also pretty excited for this.  A new Kirby feels past due, but being in full 3D is the exact kind of thing that really amps it up for me.

M.K.Ultra:
Of all the games in the latest Direct, this was the one I was most interested in. It looked gorgeous and I like how they did not give too much away. I will be avoiding any more footage until release as I am sold on getting this day one.

Caterkiller:
I've been wishing for a 3D Kirby since the N64 era. I was happy to see the Crystal Shards and Yoshi's Story but I was always disappointed they didn't make the big 3D jump. After Sunshine I thought for sure Yoshi would get his own 3D Adventure by the Wii. By the time Return To Dreamland came out I completely gave up on both franchises going 3D.

What a time to be alive! It looks really nice if a little simple so far but I am so happy this is being attempted. Bout time something other than Mario gets a 3D platformer!

Khushrenada:
I’ve mentioned before that I rarely purchase games on release. Usually one or two a year. I’m sure there will be a special edition for XC3 so that’ll be one of those types of early purchases. Nintendo could still surprise with a couple other insta-buy games at E3. However, I think I’m going to get this game at launch. I’ve got a Best Buy gift card so I can use that to sort of “lower the price” and still get it as though it were a deal. This is the most hyped I’ve been about a Kirby game in years and I do love 3D platforming. If this is a game in that Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey type style then happy days are here again. Kirby games can vary in difficulty but as long as it is charming and delightful then it should be worth it. Sort of like Epic Yarn. Not a difficult platformer but I just really enjoyed playing through the levels and the different features and ideas they had to offer. Also, I’m hoping the music can achieve some of the high-tier best-in-the-business levels that some of the past games have been fortunate to be blessed with.

To be honest, I didn’t like the trailer in the last Direct because I was already sold on the game. I didn’t need more of the surprises spoiled but I get that Nintendo wants to keep the hype train going on it. Personally, I find it weird that Kirby can’t swallow some of these items considering what we’ve seen the guy inhale before in other games but I guess he’s just getting older and his metabolism ain’t what it used to be. I get that the limits on items were needed to make Kirby work in the 3D environment and provide some challenge but it’s the one thing I wasn’t buying about the concept.

The other thing I fear is how cute they’ve made some of the enemies. When the trailer started with Kirby sucking in those evil puppy dogs, I was mentally crying out, “No! Don’t do it, Kirby!” but he still turned them into puppy chow. This could be a brutal game if I’d rather be petting the enemies instead of burning them with hot lava. What cruel games are you trying to inflict on me HAL Laboratories?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version