Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Nintendo E3 Direct announcements

<< < (2/3) > >>

nickmitch:
I really enjoyed the Metroid Dread reveal and subsequent development history video on the youtubez.  The game had been rumored to exist for so long, that it was especially nice to see that the game is using ideas from when they first attempted making the game.

Stratos:
Surprisingly I was most excited for Advance Wars and Monkey Ball. I must really like my remakes.

Dread looks really nice. Looks great to have the king of a genre back in full force.

I was also rather interested in Mario Golf after seeing that preview. That and Mario Party will be on my shortlist of games to pick up later in the year for parties once we start having those again.

M.K.Ultra:
1. Mario Party Superstars - I have played through everything in Super Mario Party enough so I am ready for a new game. Since i have not played the source material this will be all new to me.
2. Metroid Dread - I am most excited for this. Do we know who the developer is?
3. Mario Golf: Super Rush - It was good to hear they will be adding new courses and characters post launch.
4. WarioWare: Get It Together! - I hope this uses all the features of the joy-con but it did not appear that way from the trailer.
5. Shin Megami Tensei V. - I am more interested in this than before, but will wait for reviews.
6. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - Great game that I am glad others will play.
7. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. - I enjoyed the first but will wait for a price drop on this one
8. Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp. - I have not played these but enjoy Fire Emblem. Will probably wait on reviews.
9. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda. - Day 1, hopefully it is easy to get like the Mario one.
10. SKY: Children of the Light  - Is this supposed to be free to start like the iOS version?

Stratos:
Strange Brigade seemed like it could be a fun co-op game. Anyone else checking that out?

Order.RSS:
Echoing the sentiments about this presentation feeling like an early 2000s flashback, what with the Monkey Ball/WarioWare/Advance Wars revivals. Initially I wasn't too hot on the Advance Wars graphics, but on second thought I think they'll do the trick. Perhaps if it does well they'll make a brand new one, but $60 feels high to launch this with.

Metroid Dread is the (obvious?) highlight in my opinion, instantly became my most anticipated project. SMT 5 also impressed me, but I will wait for reviews on that for sure.

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on June 16, 2021, 08:44:47 AM ---2. Metroid Dread - I am most excited for this. Do we know who the developer is?
[...]
10. SKY: Children of the Light  - Is this supposed to be free to start like the iOS version?

--- End quote ---

MercurySteam's website confirms they are making Metroid Dread.
As for SKY, this article says it will be free-to-play with microtransactions on Switch. There are Zelda cosmetics scheduled for it this year, but the game is still just slated for Summer.

--- Quote from: Stratos on June 16, 2021, 12:08:07 PM ---Strange Brigade seemed like it could be a fun co-op game. Anyone else checking that out?
--- End quote ---

This game gave me Lost Reavers flashbacks lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version