Author Topic: THQ Nordic Summer Showcase Shows Six Switch Games  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
THQ Nordic Summer Showcase Shows Six Switch Games
« on: August 12, 2022, 12:00:52 PM »

Half announced, half not (BAY BAY)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61199/thq-nordic-summer-showcase-shows-six-switch-games

THQ Nordic aired a showcase today which featured a half-dozen game updates for Switch.

New footage for the recently-confirmed AEW Fight Forever was shown, confirming the existence of minigames (including a baseball themed one) as well as intergender matches via an ingame match between former AEW Women's Champion Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D and her occasional tag team partner Adam Cole. The game was still teased as "coming soon".

Expanded footage of Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake - a 3D platformer from the same studio who remastered the Battle for Bikini Bottom game in 2021. The original 3D platformer (with the show's cast providing voices where available) also did not have a release date provided.

In a montage at the start of the show, subsidiary HandyGames showed new footage for exploration platformer AirHead and three unannounced titles: voxel-based 3D platformer De-Exit: Eternal Matters, rodent-running 3D platformer A Rat's Quest, and comic brawler Lethal Honor: Order of the Apocalypse.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: THQ Nordic Summer Showcase Shows Six Switch Games
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 07:04:48 PM »
I just watched the showcase. none of the games interested me

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 02:21:40 AM »
Interested in the AEW game and having a mix of former WWE and AEW core wrestlers it should be fun.   Now with Triple H running things in the WWE with the recent announcement of Vince's forced retirement  for what he did in the latest news, it should be a good rivalry between AEW and WWE,

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 01:10:37 AM »
I'm also really interested in the AEW game. I haven't played a wrestling game in a while, so it'd be nice to get back into one.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 11:22:25 AM »
I'm also really interested in the AEW game. I haven't played a wrestling game in a while, so it'd be nice to get back into one.

I think the last wrestling game I played was way back to WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 at a neighbors house in 2015 for the Wii.

Just haven't been interested in the WWE 2K games to be honest.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:34 PM »

I think the last wrestling game I played was way back to WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 at a neighbors house in 2015 for the Wii.

Just haven't been interested in the WWE 2K games to be honest.

I think the last wrestling game I played was RetroMania Wrestling. I didn't really take to it, however. Before that, it's been a whole lot of nothing.

I also haven't been interested in the WWE 2K series. It just seemed sterile compared to the days of old, from WCW vs NWO to Here Comes the Pain. The naming convention kind of robbed the games of personality to me. I almost got WWE 2K20, but the reviews made me think twice. And then WWE Battlegrounds just didn't do it for me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.