Author Topic: My mini Enter the Matrix review  (Read 4473 times)

Offline tacojohn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
My mini Enter the Matrix review
« on: May 18, 2003, 11:52:57 AM »
For those of you who haven't seen the movie- go now!

I was planning on buying the game on May 15th, but after reading IGN's impressions and a few others that were saying its not that great I decided to hold off- and save my money to import Mario 4 for GBA...

Anyway, I recieved a "Rent one game get a game free" ticket from blockbuster when I saw the movie. So I rented "Enter the Matrix" and "Robotech Battlecry or whatever".

I must say for being a huge Matrix fan the game isn't that bad. Yes- the game play could be a lot deeper and more polished overall, but I think this game is decent- it would seem to have been a lot better if not for all of the hype.

I am very impressed by the voice acting (some of the best ever) and the real cut scenes are great! It really makes you feel you are playing a movie- and it should- I hear that they filmed almost 1/2 of another movie just for the game!

The graphics are not great but decent- the levels are huge and the character models are very good. For using motion capture they're movements do not look smooth at all. Running up ladders is very jerky. They could have made the graphics much better if it wasn't released for the PS2...

I am just up to the point in the game where the movie starts and I haven't gotten into the hacking aspect of it all yet- I hear this is cool because you can put weapons in areas and stuff.

So overall I'm not that dissapointed by the game- but I am glad that I didn't buy it and saved my money for a mario title.

Graphics: 7 out of 10
Cut Scenes/Voice Acting: 9 out of 10
Game Play: 7 out of 10
Control: 6 out of 10
Sound: 8 out of 10

Overall verdict: Soild Rental

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: My mini Enter the Matrix review
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 08:32:26 PM »
Wrong forum.
I call it...Reader Reviews.

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 05:37:16 AM »
What did you thing of Robotech? That game rocks!
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline tacojohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 06:20:38 AM »
it was kinda cool- I like the in air combat better than the ground combat- story line is semi-good too.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 02:20:16 PM »
horrible. good renter though. it got really boring after playing through the first few stages, and when you got to the sewers it was bad too. the FMVs are crappy since its ported from ps2
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 02:23:32 PM »
horrible. good renter though. it got really boring after playing through the first few stages, and when you got to the sewers it was bad too. the FMVs are crappy since its ported from ps2
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 03:53:05 PM »
So, ETM game isnt on 2 discs?
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 05:12:29 PM »
No, it's on two discs.

The FMVs look good to me, but regardless, FMVs aren't "ported" from one system to another, when they can just as easily use the original file.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."