Author Topic: Everything Android - The Official Android Thread  (Read 317891 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Android - The Official Android Thread
« Reply #1325 on: December 31, 2019, 01:38:18 PM »
SWYPE

anyone remember this program!? drag your finger across the keyboard and it predicitvely types for you. learns your most common words and will correct them for you!?

of course you do.
they eventually teamed up with Dragon speech recognition software, and then I had to get a new phone with and reinstall apps, and Swype was gone.... I was forced to use Swiftkey.

well, it's NYE and I can stand Swiftkey and it's non-ability to learn my words, and constant need to auto-correct my words to something that makes absolutely no sense, or not even close to what I was typing, even though the word I clearly swyped is the first choice on the line (it would select the 2nd or 3rd possible word, instead of the obvious 1st choice word... makes no damn sense) and I am certainly tired of it deciding to autocorrect my text after the fact, even if i selected the correct word, or even typed in the word letter by letter, just as I'm hitting the send button so that I now have to send a 2nd text to correct the word(s) that I watched change as the messages was to be sent.

I'm very annoyed with this program. It happens so randomly with the random word switches... actually it will often just put a single letter when I try to swype a simple word like "was" all I will get is the "w" so I end up with a sentence like "I w at the store" even though I clearly swyped the entire word. and just as I hit send, I will watch "store" change to "stairs".
it's the most annoying thing ever. I'm done with this ****, but I'm so used to "swyping" I need a better alternative... actually I just need the original program back.

does anyone know where to find it!?
please help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:51:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1326 on: January 02, 2020, 10:11:05 PM »
Google has a "gboard" for iOS, but I dunno what the android equivalent is.  The iOS default also lets you swipe type by default, so it could be right under your nose.  My gboard is actually starting to learn Pokemon names.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 02, 2020, 10:55:38 PM »
I actually just decided to try it out.

test words.... tomorrow, yesterday, and "and"

3 words swiftkey would never recognize on the first 20 attempts.... I usually result to just manually typing those words or choosing them from one of the "possibilities". G Board got them every single time.

I run it for a few days and see if we click or not.
So far so good though.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 28, 2020, 01:47:01 PM »
The Fxtec Pro1 has arrived at last. It seems nice so far.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 05, 2020, 12:41:16 AM »
Looks like TCL is calling it quits on the whole Blackberry deal.
link.

I'm going to be laughing at the reactions on the Crackberry forums.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:28 PM »
So I'm looking to buy a new phone very soon.

Someone convince my why it shouldn't be a Galaxy 10 or 11.
(and don't post anything about an iPhone. not interested.)

Go.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 24, 2020, 02:12:24 AM »
The Fxtec Pro1 has incredible battery life that could easily be pushed to two days without the aggressive background task management stuff that other manufacturers, including Samsung, have adopted to achieve similar results. Also because the battery is fairly small at 3200mah and it has quick charge 3 via USB C, it can recharge it's battery really quickly compared to most modern flagships. It has an impressive set of sidefiring stereo speakers and because the keyboard mechanism functions as something of a kickstand it's a really nice little multimedia device.

It's also designed to be taken apart and easily repaired and can easily be flashed with other roms like LineageOS if that's something you're interested in.

IDK if it's right for you but it's a hell of an option that's worth looking into. Also the keyboard is a hell of a conversation starter.