Author Topic: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread  (Read 63892 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile

So I'm posting a thread for Monster Hunter 4U because I don't see the old one and it's time to get a full thread going. I'll make an effort to maintain it with online info if there is enough interest for that sort of thing.

Basic game info:
  • Releases February 14th
  • Demo is available by code currently (includes local and online multi)
  • Features NEW 3DS enhancements
  • Supports the Circle Pad Pro
  • Cross-region play (also in demo)
Monster count
Small: 23
Large: 73
Total: 96

New 3DS System Bundle available exclusively at GameStop for $230 w/ digital copy
*Reportedly sold out once already so hurry if you want one!

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »
Reserved mine. Though apparently my Gamestop won't actually have the 3DS in the store at launch & instead it will have it shipped to my house. Not paying extra for 1 or 2 day shipping so I'll be hunting anywhere from late Feb to early March...
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:04:50 PM »
I have extra demo codes if anyone didn't get one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 06:07:15 PM »
Aren't Monster Hunter demos generally the benchmark against which all terrible demos are measured? Or did they actually put together something decent this time?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 06:10:29 PM »
Aren't Monster Hunter demos generally the benchmark against which all terrible demos are measured? Or did they actually put together something decent this time?
This demo at least has a tutorial for all weapon types, and a "beginner" option with weaker monsters and guide arrows. MH just isn't a game that demos well, but this one seems about as good as they could make it without including a huge chunk of the game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 06:12:32 PM »
It's not awful, but I can feel some things to be "off" about the game.

I beat the demo's three monsters on expert with no deaths in about an hour, so it's not too hard. Gore Magala was a bit of a let down. It felt like "Toothless" the dragon have a kid with Alatraeon and did not feel as powerful as it looked. May be the settings of the demo.

The demo mode was nice for the new weapons. The localization team did an interview on the Capcom blog explaining that they retooled the demo for Western audiences.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:14:22 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:02:58 AM »
I have extra demo codes if anyone didn't get one.

I haven't been able to get one, and would love to try the demo if you've still got extras. But my assumption is there will be a free demo for everyone eventually and that the real game will be much better than the demo anyway - so if it doesn't happen I'm not too stressed about it.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
I'll spot you a code. I have another if anyone else here wants it too.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »
I beat the demo's three monsters on expert with no deaths in about an hour, so it's not too hard. Gore Magala was a bit of a let down. It felt like "Toothless" the dragon have a kid with Alatraeon and did not feel as powerful as it looked. May be the settings of the demo.
They're tougher in multiplayer, have you tried that?

I already gave him one.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 09:26:34 PM »
I'm trying the multi now. I can beat them that way too but it takes for ever. I've timed out depending on the weapon. Definitely getting their attack patterns down.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 06:55:41 AM »
They're tougher in multiplayer, have you tried that?

I already gave him one.

I haven't entered the code yet, but did get it!  Will definitely download and try the game today.
Thanks very much to both of you - since Mop it up sent first I'll use that one and Stratos can share his code with someone else.

Does the demo actually have online multiplayer?  I'm assuming it's just local, but actually letting people see how multiplayer games work and getting them to play online from the time the demo arrives would be a pretty smart idea - the series is great solo, but even better when playing with friends.

Kind of excited to try the Insect Glaive. Not sure if I'll like the weapon... but the descriptions sound really cool.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »
The demo has online multi - Ceric and I gave it a spin last night. No voice chat in the demo though, and the setup can be a bit tricky.

I hope the New 3DS functions include moving buttons because the big attacks being shoulder button + X or A is a bit annoying given my playing circumstances. But the Charge Sword... I'm really feeling it. Can't wait to see what madness ensues once I can get in there and craft my own.

Gore Magala is one cheap son of a bitch, though.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »
Insect Glaive is way too much fun. I feel like a pole vaulter. You do need to get timing down because I would get swiped by the monster while I was launching. It isn't as fast as rolling to dodge but I'm sure with practice it can be done.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
Reserved mine. Though apparently my Gamestop won't actually have the 3DS in the store at launch & instead it will have it shipped to my house. Not paying extra for 1 or 2 day shipping so I'll be hunting anywhere from late Feb to early March...
Same Boat.

I think this is a good demo.  I'm hoping the N00b Arrows are actually something you can get on an armor set instead of the full map.  Be more helpful for me. 

Stratos I think that the reason you thinking this feels easy is because your more use to G-Rank Monsters, which to be honest most veterans are.  I think they forgo those for these.  I'm having a hard time with the single player Gore Magala myself but, I'm also just a competent hunter.

That being said Beginner is definetely Low Rank for the monsters and Advance is High Rank for the monsters.  They don't feel G-Rank to me.  The armor doesn't really feel G-Rank either but I think they are using High Rank armor for both settings.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
I think this is a good demo.  I'm hoping the N00b Arrows are actually something you can get on an armor set instead of the full map.  Be more helpful for me. 

Stratos I think that the reason you thinking this feels easy is because your more use to G-Rank Monsters, which to be honest most veterans are.  I think they forgo those for these.  I'm having a hard time with the single player Gore Magala myself but, I'm also just a competent hunter.

So this is Get Good in reverse?   ;)
I thought the same thing but didn't want to say it.

Making a demo for hardcore MH veterans would probably have to be different than what they make for the average Joe.  How many hundred hours have you put into MH?  I'm not a good hunter by any means, yet have easily dropped over 300 hours on the various games in the series: PSP, Wii, Wii U.  That number probably pales in comparison to some others.

If I can't make it through the demo (not as easily as Stratos, but should still make it through) that's probably a bad sign.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »
I guess I just expected Gore Magala to be a bigger challenge and was shocked to beat him first try. I know this isn't supposed to be G rank. I didn't expect it to be. But I thought it would be something like your first run in with the Lagiacrus in 3 where it was terribly tough. He is the flagship monster so I thought it would be a monster that would force you to almost have to work with allies to bring down.

Though when I switch to multiplayer settings I can't solo Gore. I can get the others but I time out with Gore and almost time out with Tetsucabra (sp?). So it seems to have some challenge there. Seems my biggest enemy is the 25min time limit.

I am going back to MH3U now, trying to wrap up any final quests I need to complete. Feel free to reach out to me if you see me online and want to join in.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »
I probably would take you up on that since I'm stuck in a room because of the flu but, its the room without the WiiU and some reason the Gamepad won't go up a floor and through an outside wall.

Gore's a Dragon and Lagiacrus is not.  Not to mention learning underwater, how much larger Lagiacrus is, and just how much more thought went into him.  Gore is sort of limited by being and admittedly mid to small sized Dragon and put into those conventions.

If it helps he's not the Flagship monster of this game.  I'm not sure who is I've can't seem to find it definitively for some reason but its a more bird like dragon.  He is for MonHan 4 just not Ultimate.

Though thinking about his virus ability it can be interesting if you don't know about it.  The first time I didn't fully understand how it worked, no tutorials that time, then its not bad.  Though I think he will really be a lot more interesting in Multi-Monster battles which they aren't going to put in the Demo.  The virus then becomes an interesting dilemma because it will berserk the other monsters.  Which can be a pain enough just regular.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 07:25:55 PM »
I didn't know what the virus was either. I just discovered nullberries kept it from happening and just overcame it by accident.

Selregios (A.K.A. "Steve") is the flagship monster for 4U. He is the resident Deviljo because he becomes notorious as the invading monster for the higher ranked quests. He has a new status attack which roughly translates to "torn". His sharp scales tear you open and causes significant health loss. You need to use the antiseptic stones to heal you of the effect. They didn't use him as the box monster due to some sort of copyright issue.

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Ceric. Maybe this weekend we can find time to play. I'm trying to carry my sister to G-Rank just to give her exposure since the new game is coming so soon. So anyone on High Rank (or Low) is free to reach out to me for assistance. My idea of carrying is to select a weapon I'm not as familiar with and do my best with that limited capability. So some work will still have to be done to reach the end.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »
That's interesting.  Nullberries aren't suppose to actually do anything.  You have to continually until you work it out and get a buff. The virus causes other monsters to go Berserk.

Have you seen My Fair Hunter?  I don't know if its still going been a while since a I watched but, in it the experienced player would only use the weapon and armor that the unexperienced player had at the same level.  Not a bad idea.  Before I started drifting away, aka needed my time back, I was starting to use range weapons with lower than G-Rank because I didn't have G-Rank sets in those.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »
I just started all my weapons on the lowest forms and them upgraded them bit by bit to get them to the G-Rank levels. It was fun to push them through that way because I was forced to go back and hunt the lower monsters. It can also add a fun extra challenge if you restrict yourself to the weapon you want to upgrade.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »
I just started all my weapons on the lowest forms and them upgraded them bit by bit to get them to the G-Rank levels. It was fun to push them through that way because I was forced to go back and hunt the lower monsters. It can also add a fun extra challenge if you restrict yourself to the weapon you want to upgrade.
For a while I decided for lols just to use status weapons.  I have to say getting the Plesioth Sleep weapons is annoying but, they are interesting to use.  Like going without anything when solo but, is interesting for people who are part of your team.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 08:04:54 PM »
I'm having a blast with the status coatings and shots. I love poisoning, stunning, and sleeping monsters to help the team. I am running into an issue of my minions waking up the monsters in the middle of setting bombs so I may need to change their behaviors since that costs me a great deal of that bonus sleep damage.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »
Yeah I had that happen recently in the Demo.  I was like, "Dude, I be set'n up da bomb here."

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 09:31:15 PM »
The demo online is a blissful mad house. And I help fan the flames. I just pole vault non-stop with the insect glaive. It is just fun to do. I also read a tutorial on how to properly mount and ride beasts so I won't get thrown off.

You can press either a or x to stab while the monster head is green, when it is red you stop and hold r to hang on and slow down the progress of the monster in throwing you off. Also, you shouldn't attack the monster while someone has mounted it but in the demo, nobody seems to care and just goes hog wild on the beasts non-stop.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
It's a new mechanic and without voice chat or keyboard how are you going to get it across?
I don't like how they are cutting 2 of the features that really made hunts what they are.  I probably won't be putting the 300 hours in I normal do in these game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »
We just need to set up a Skype group or something.

Remember that the Wii U version of MH3U did not have keyboard and voice chat support until the post-release update that also added off-screen play. I take this as a sign of hope for both a U version and a patch for the 3DS version if it is technically feasible for them to do.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 10:19:16 AM »
It had Voice Chat before the Off-Screen Update.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »
Must have been a separate update. I assumed it was the same one as I got the game after all of the updates dropped. Found a link.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01:33 AM »
That seems right.  You would always use the unscreen one which is clunky.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
So I've given all of my demo codes away and could use one more for another friend. Can anyone spare one?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 07:55:18 PM »
So I've given all of my demo codes away and could use one more for another friend. Can anyone spare one?
PM sent.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »
Thank you kindly! Gotta keep spreading the MH love.
My Game Collection

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 02:55:27 AM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party (and been mia from the board for quite a while lol, I still lurk teehee ) does anyone still have any of those demo codes for unlimited demo play?  I want to give this series another shot after I half assed my way around 3.  I want to experience all the buzz everyone is talking about with this series. 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 03:55:45 AM »
I know I'm a bit late to the party (and been mia from the board for quite a while lol, I still lurk teehee ) does anyone still have any of those demo codes for unlimited demo play?  I want to give this series another shot after I half assed my way around 3.  I want to experience all the buzz everyone is talking about with this series. 
PM sent.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:43 AM »
Your a life saver Mop It Up lol.  I'm about to crash right now but now I know what I got planned for tomorrow night to help get through this cold winter.  Thanks again man, I can sleep easy now :)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
It has online so let us know if you want to play together an we'll see if we can get a game going.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
Mission...complete?

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 03:16:03 AM »
Thanks for the offer stratos, and gk, good videos, the more info the better.  I'll prob run solo for a week and get a feel for all the weapons and then try my hand at some online hunts lol. 

One question, I don't have a cpp, is not having a second analog stick for camera control going to make the game that much more difficult?  I'm looking to pick up the n3ds so I'll have the nub at that time but don't want to pick up a cpp for my current ds when its eventually going to get sold or given away plus it'll just be for this demo lol.   

On the bright side, if I get the hang of the game without the use of a second analog stick then it'll make the game proper feel that much better when I get it with the n3ds. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »
I found a lot of the camera stuff is mitigated by locking onto the monster so  you can tap to get the camera to point to that.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
I have a CPP and the game is certainly better with it, BUT, I think you can handle the demo without it. A press of the L button will center the camera behind your character, so you can just keep tapping the L button to move the camera around. If a large monster is in the same area as you, you can tap the monster icon on the touch screen to set that monster as the camera lock. Then, when you press the L button, the camera will swivel to face the monster. So you can just use a bunch of taps of the L button as your camera control.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
Thanks for the info, yeah, the touch screen control of the camera has been manageable and I just realized the L button function last night before bed.  The L button seems to do the trick too.  It'll be enough for the time being until the n3ds comes out. 

One thing I did notice is that this game is killing my fingers lol.  I have fairly big (long fingers lol) hand and its all cramped up playing on the og 3ds.  my thumb was in pain after all the moving around I was doing.  I'm sure the XL will release some of those issues though. 

I've gone through some of the faster weapons so far such as the SnS, double blades, and long sword.  so far, really digging the long sword.  All have been good though.  Going to make moves on the other weapons tonight.  I've only been playing on beginner so far and only fighting the easy hunt and its been a cake walk.  Once I set myself on a weapon or 2 of choice. I'll try the other hunts and bump up the difficulty. 

Thinking of going with a blade as my primary and a ranged weapon as a secondary.  Not sure how wise that setup would be in this game though.  I know you need some bladed weapon so you can cut body parts but I was originally thinking of going ranged primarily.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »
You can complete the entire game ranged. It is just tricky. Bows have a melee strike that cuts tails. Use the C Range coating to help cut it faster. Use the Slicing shots with bowguns. I will stun or trap the monster and then get some hits in on the tail then.

If all else fails play online with blade masters to get your tail cuts when you are farther along. I suspect playing both gunner and blademaster will make you more flexible in the long run. I switch out based on the other players choices in groups to better balance our abilities.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »
Gunning is hard.  It takes a certain person to be a gunner.  The different armor set that only works with 3 weapons, the raw amount of material to gather, how vulnerable you are, and the generally low damage output of the weapons.  What you get is great flexibility to really exploit element and status weaknesses plus the ability for additional support that can only be found in some hunting horns.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 05:26:30 PM »
Found this when I was looking through my Photobucket for something else.  It's for 3U but should still apply.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
Heh, that's about right. I also end up dawdling too much worrying about my supplies or decorations. Though I have improved that a lot since I started using the registered equipment slots. Also getting good to the point I don't need to pack a full bag of stuff every mission so I can quickly be ready for most any fight.

Man, so stoked for this game. I'm going to hop online pretty fast, probably after my first "monster part" weapon and armor set is complete. Though I won't rush it. If we rank up I'll stop there and make sure all offline and online quests of that level are complete. I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of the journey this time.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »
Can someone drag Maxi back here? We need to re-assemble The Team.

Unless a 4th hunter is needed when I'm around I may get halfway through the lower rank quests before I go online since I'll be rusty. I thought about Playing Tri or the 3 Ultimate demo but going from CCP to 3DS may not be of much use.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »
I still talk to Maxi from time to time. I don't think he could be convinced to return (I've tried before). He is on some other sites though if you still want to play games with him.

Do you have U3? I'm still playing it if you want to practice some weapons or wrap up some quests. I'm going to be online for part of today if you care to join.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 02:52:58 PM »
You know that might be fun.  Today's been sort of stressful.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
Do I have you friended? Just finished taxes and I need a break before I file our FAFSAs so I'll be on for a bit. If you find me online behind a password it will be "NWR".
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
Eating with my son right this minute.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »

Do you have U3? I'm still playing it if you want to practice some weapons or wrap up some quests. I'm going to be online for part of today if you care to join.

Nah I only have access to the U3 demo on WiiU. The New 3DS will be my first 3DS.
Mission...complete?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
Your avatar is the best, GK!

I'm hoping I can get both this and Zelda on Friday.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
Thanks Phil.

Think I'll be ordering my charger off of amazon on Friday while you guys start hunting since the new 3DS XL doesn't come with one apparently. Should I order a bigger SD micro card or is the one included big enough for save data & eshop buying?
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »
Honestly GK I'm going to just go ahead and swap to a 64GB.  There is a PNY one for $30 on Amazon that does 90MB/s.  I got it in and doing the transfer of the data from my old 3DS I've gotten it to 60MB/s so its fast.  More importantly since I'm not Shaymin I'll probably never need to touch it again ever.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »
I have an 8gig micro card set in an adapter currently so I already have a bigger one. A 4 could get you by but I found the 2gig filled up fast and by the time I got the 8g and "filled the fridge" with things I had removed I easily crossed the 4gig point. I have 3 retail games and about a dozen DSiWare titles plus a few dozen photos. Also a bunch of demos I like to keep handy. If you think you will end up with about that much I would upgrade to a larger size card. I hope to get a 64gig and that should carry me for the rest of the system life.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 02:18:56 AM »
Think I'll be ordering my charger off of amazon on Friday while you guys start hunting since the new 3DS XL doesn't come with one apparently. Should I order a bigger SD micro card or is the one included big enough for save data & eshop buying?
It depends on whether or not you plan to buy any retail games as downloads. If you do, you will need a larger card to hold more than one or two games. If not, and you'll just have save data and eShop-only titles, you will probably be fine. I say, wait until you need it before you buy it, because if you don't need it then you've wasted money.

I still have the 4GB that came with my XL and I haven't had any issues. I even have one retail download plus about 30 other eShop downloads, and still plenty of space to download new demos to try out.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
I may get some older games I missed out on so ordered the new card.

According to my UPS tracking number, my 3DS will be here on Monday. Take that 1 or 2-day shipping!
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »
I may get some older games I missed out on so ordered the new card.

According to my UPS tracking number, my 3DS will be here on Monday. Take that 1 or 2-day shipping!
Got ya beat.  Mine shipped Yesterday from Kentucky and its on my porch as of 10:48.  I would go get it but I live an hour away so its going to have to be outside in the cold for about 6 hours...

With that being said, I'm going to try to do the transfer tonight and post my Friend stuff for those who don't have it.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »
Mine shipped from KY too. Looks like it left Maryland 2 hrs ago & I'm the next state over so unless they decide to sit on it I may get it later today. Of course in my ongoing effort to save a few bucks I ordered my charger off of eBay instead of just going to Gamestop. So while I can play it soon, I won't be able to charge it until Monday at earliest. >.<
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:35 AM »
Wish this would come sooner. All of my possible leads on getting a Majora's Mask Limited Edition failed me. And some guy just gloated about how he had bought a bunch this morning. :P Nintendo needs to get their production straightened out. Never would have heard about a problem like this back in the N64 days for limited editions. You pre-ordered the game at least a week before release and you got it.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2015, 01:20:08 AM »
I tried the demo for this MH, just like the Wii and the Wii U games before it. This was definitely the best demo yet! They actually explained what to do and I managed to kill my first monster. ...I felt kind of guilty.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2015, 02:31:34 AM »
I'd offer to play the demo with you right now, ShyGuy, but my 3DS is currently a crossroads for animal crossing badge hunters. I started playing the demo again since I don't get my game+ N3DS until Wednesday. I've gotten a lot better at bow because I've been taking down monsters faster in solo mode.

I just can't motivate myself to play MH3U at this moment either to pass the time. Good thing too as I have a great deal of homework to complete.
My Game Collection

Offline kbaker2002de

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 12:59:27 AM »
Just got my MH4U New 3DS delivered today.  I put in probably 2 hours or so.  Just the beginner stuff, which I need.  Never got into MH before, all I played was the Wii demo and I hated it.  But so far, I really like this.  Once I'm out of the beginner stage, maybe once I beat the Great Jaggie on my own, I'll venture out into the online world.  Hopefully I can find some people that are more experienced and can help me out.  So far though, it's fun.
"I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the Gates of Hell carrying your head on a pike!!"

"Stride?"

"All right then ROLL! ROLL thought the gates of hell!
Must you take the fun out of everything?"

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »
Most people in the Community are helpful.  It was better with Voice Chat for that because it was easier.

I'm really liking how they are moving the single player along.  I normally don't like it much but the actual variety here and a light enough story to make sense plus the localization is working for me.  Really mixed on expeditions though.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »
HR1 Keys   
Genprey Payback   
Bug Burger   
Kecha Konundrum   
Tackling a Tetsucabra   
The Gypceros Project   
Web Sighting   Urgent

HR2 Keys   
Royal Assassination   
A Ghastly Gift   
Zamtrios of the Deep   
Nix the Najarala   
Dark Wings, Dark Work   Urgent

HR3 Keys   
Tigrex Tough Love   
Temper Tantrum   
Royal Audience   
Tuff Turf   
The Royal Guard   
Advanced: Sand Sailor   Urgent

Here is a list of the Low Rank Key Quests and there Urgent.  I did a more extensive one for Monster Hunter 3U but this is a quick list where I'm at this was derived from http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Guild_Quests

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
Mission...complete?

Offline Zacko

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »
Downloaded this on the eShop last night on a whim. What is a good weapon to start with? Also, when do most people get online to play?
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
Downloaded this on the eShop last night on a whim. What is a good weapon to start with? Also, when do most people get online to play?
The easiest weapon to start with is the Sword and Shield.  Its the most versatile of the weapons which makes it a great starter weapon.  Though it hurts in power.  When your ready to move from there Dual Swords if you want to keep with swords but I recommend Hammers next personally or Hunting Horn if you want something a little more complex.

Also another great starting option is Lance.  The extra defense option and lance scales well.

Don't get me wrong though.  You can "beat" the game with any weapon type.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »
Egg guest can bite me.
I spent over an hour on one and had to abandon because of time.  Couldn't even end via subquest.

So you have to still a Rathian egg with and active Rathian.  If you take care of the Rathian every way have you climb down a cliff is covered by Jaggi or those rollipolly guys.  It takes about 5 minutes to walk the egg.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »
Rathian is active as in it doesn't show up after grabbing the egg like in Tri? I'd imagine you could tag it with a paintball, run like Hell to another area until it calms down, gets bored & leaves, then go for the egg.

If you don't have an armor set designed for carrying quests, try maxing out your stamina bar with food or whatever. Unless things have changed, Jaggi typically pause before striking so if you're always running you can narrowly escape them. Just remember to let go of the run button just before you run dry or you'll drop the egg.

My charger just arrived so I'll probably give these quests a go after class. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:48:42 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Lance was my first main in Tri. It is a good one. I second the Sword & Shield as a great starter as well.

I then moved on to Long Sword which was my main all through 3U. Now I am moving on to bow and bowguns for 4U.

My sister started S&S and moved on to Duals. She's talked about gunning but likes the blades too much.

My system arrived but I have to go pick it up as I deliver it elsewhere since I live in an area notorious for getting mail stolen.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2015, 04:15:08 PM »
I just played through the opening sequence on the boat and got into town, but had to put it down after that. I've gotta say, I'm intrigued. Looking forward to exploring it some more.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Zacko

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
I actually started with the Great Sword, and it is a blast for lumbering around. It's particularly awesome when around a group of smaller dudes, due to the near-360 degree arc of the A-attack after your opening X.

I am surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game so far. Is there a database online for this game, a la Wowhead.com for World of Warcraft? I checked the Wikia site, but it's pretty lack luster.
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
Lots of database options.

Mhag.com is a popular one.
Kiranico is also referenced a lot.

I primarily use the android phone apps:
MH4U Companion
MH4U Dex
MH4U Hunter's Guide

There is also a program calles Athena's ASS (Armor Smith System) which helps you decide the best armors and armor skills you can get with specific weapons and armor pieces. Very in depth and more for advanced players looking to squeeze out every last point in the armors of their choice.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
I mentioned this in the TalkBak thread for Neal's great article on the Insect Glaive, but I'm usually partial to ranged combat in games, and I was wondering if that was a good idea for a complete beginner or if there's another ranged weapon that would be easier to start with.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »
Ranged combat in Monster Hunter is more expensive than using the close-combat weapons, since you have to create separate "gunner" armour sets and buy/make the ammo for bowguns. The gunner armour also has less defence of course so you'll also have to make sure you stay out of the way of attacks. You don't need to make arrows for bows and you get an infinite amount with them, but they do use "coatings" and it definitely helps to buy/make these. It's also more ideal than with other weapons to have various different types of bows depending on the monster you're fighting.

The bow would probably be better to start with than the bowguns and less expensive, but the close-combat weapons are easier starters. Bowgunning is best after you've amassed a lot of wealth and items and have nothing better to spend it all on.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
Okay, thanks, that's all good to know. I may start to really dig into this game tonight. 

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »
I would pick a ranged and a melee weapon and then switch between the two. Light bowgun was my gateway gunner weapon but like Mop it up stated, it can be pricey if you don't have the materials to craft the ammo.

Be sure to raid all of the extra items in the blue chest in solo play and hawk any unclaimed extras in multiplayer games. This helps build a stockpile for when you do gun.

Also, I'm not fully in agreement with Neal on the Glaive being a hybrid melee/ranged weapon. I'm not super fluent in the Glaive, but from what I have seen the "ranged" aspect of the weapon is very light and more meant to collect things for buffs versus full on attacks. It feels more like a Legend of Zelda boomerang/hookshot you use to assist you while in battle then resume using your sword/bow to continue dealing actual damage. I'm not even sure the Kinsects deal any damage at all.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
I am stuck at the Village 4 Urgent.  The Core Magala is in rage mode most the fight.  I'm light bowgunning through this time I unload almost the full complement of my 182 attack bowgun.  He spent half the time limping but wouldn't trap the 3 times I tried.  I slept bombed him 3 times.  He would not die.  On my 2nd faint ,which happened at the 5 minute mark; first around the ten, I just had to end it vie subquest so I would get the feeler.

I'm stuck online because I keep getting bad groups when I'm in the control of the quests.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »
Apparently the game is sold out on Amazon save for scalpers wanting $55. Must not have had a big print run because it's sold out all around town.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »
I am going to find the person who decided to make me have to consider the frills of a Gore Magala, and I am going to murder them.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »
The Feelers?  They are a pain to get.  We should hunt sometime together though I never see you online.

Finally defeated Gore Magala Offline wearing the complete Gore Magala Armor set with the Gore Magala Light Bow gun.

It was rough but I did get the feeler break and that one I was talking about before must have glitched because I trapped him this time with no problem just a bit after he started limping.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »
Sorry you guys are stuck. I just started so I'll have to catch up to help you out.

I played some basic quests online with my sister yesterday and am having a blast bowing from the start. It is a good challenge for me. I keep going broke buying coatings but I'm starting to stabilize as I amass more loot.

Can't wait to hit 3 star quests. I'm still using the original armor because I love the mounting buff it gives. I ride those beasts every chance I get. Very fun mechanic.

I can't get my system online at my place since I did my transfer. I might have written my wifi code down wrong or changed it without noting it. So I may not be available for a bit to play online while I figure that one out.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
I still haven't gotten the mounting down yet. I am digging those dual blades though. Been doing back & forth between those & the longsword until I decide which hammer tree to follow first.
Mission...complete?

Offline kbaker2002de

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »
I am about 4-5 hours in, playing single player only so far.  Still hacking away at the 2-star quests.  I'll probably start trying to play some online in a couple weeks.  I am loving the Charge Blade.  I like the nimble of the sword and shield, and being able to change to a battle ax for bit charged attacks is nice too.
"I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the Gates of Hell carrying your head on a pike!!"

"Stride?"

"All right then ROLL! ROLL thought the gates of hell!
Must you take the fun out of everything?"

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2015, 04:15:21 AM »
Hey, decided to pop back in after my initial time with the demo.  I decided to get the game on release with the new 3ds and I have to say, its really starting to click with me.  I'm still in the first village and just finally managed to get all the necessary ingredients to make a full Jaggi armor set. (had to fight the Great Jaggi god knows how many times though lol.  It got to the point that a couple of times, I took him out within the first zone I found him in.  I decided to use the Insect Glaive which is so much fun to use.  I haven't gotten the hang of using the bug yet to buff my character.  I've pulled it off a few times but I'm not fluent with it yet though.  I did get the hang of the leaping ability that the insect glaive gives you and I've become a mounting machine with it.  I can't imagine having to mount the monster any other way.  Its become routine to just dodge right/left then then time the hop just right to land a blow on the monster's neck. 

My progress has been extremely slow and steady but I do have on question.  Is there an in game reference or guide for tracking down items or do I have to rely on going online for assistance in locating which monster drops what loot.  I'm looking right now for a specific bone to upgrade my glaive but have no idea where to find it.  I'd hate to have to constantly check on line for the location of items.  Would be nice if there is a character or book you can buy in game that'll tell you where you can find items. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2015, 07:00:20 AM »
Going online unfortunately.  I wish they beef up the books you buy in the game to being more than just stat unlocking.

Since I'm gunning I'm not overly fond of mounting.  I'm going to have to read up more on whether range weapons  are an exception but, with melee you have to stop attacking when someone is mounted.  Most of the time people don't actually pull the mount off and I got wasted time.  Than on Zinogre and some others it is really annoying because you can harvest when they are on there sides but if someone mounts them they pop back up.  No bugs for you.

Also for the most part monster hunter makes sense when it comes to physical interaction.  Mounting breaks that.  You can mount a Zinogre full encased in lightning which makes no sense.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »
I've always used the Monster Hunter wiki myself. But I mostly play my 3DS in my room beside my PC so checking online isn't a hassle.

Here's one listed on amazon but the reviews for it don't seem all that good. http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Official-Strategy-Bradygames-Further/dp/0744003628
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
I primarily use the android phone apps:
MH4U Companion
MH4U Dex
MH4U Hunter's Guide

GK, you could use one of the phone apps available. I linked them above for you. You are also free to ask here and I will be more than happy to look things up for you if you can't.
My Game Collection

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
Yeah, looks like those phone apps will have to be the way to go.  Do I need all 3 as they all do something different or are they all just competing apps that all serve the same purpose? 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately Monster Hunter is definitely one of those "guide dang it" games, it's tough to keep track of everything otherwise. I also like to look up weapon trees so that I know what I'm building towards, don't want to waste materials building into a weapon I end up not liking or being weaker.

Since this game just came out in English then I'm not sure if 100% info is available yet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:28 PM »
Hunter's Guide is the weakest because it has full screen ads (mildly annoying); also has poorly done, non-official pictures. Companion seems to be the strongest of the three. I plan to keep them all since each tends to have one or two good areas for quick reference. All seem to be updating frequently as more info is gathered of the game.

1) Companion
2) Dex (a close second as updates seem to have improved it at a faster rate)
3) Hunter's Guide (Full screen ads! Boo!)
My Game Collection

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2015, 03:44:06 AM »
Thanks for the info, will have to get the app.  I'm starting to think Capcom did that on purpose to facilitate communication with other games online and when out playing with others lol. 

Anyways, I'm really enjoying using the insect glaive at the moment but one thing that is driving me nuts is that there are little to no upgrades for it compared to the other weapons.  I've been able to improve the insect 2 levels so far and the weapon 2 levels but when I go to the smith, I see he has 5 or so new items for each weapon yet he still is only carrying the first insect glaive that I started out with.  I bit and looked at the weapon tree for the insect glaive and it seems a lot smaller compared to the others.  I'm starting to wondering if I should switch over to long sword so that I can have some variety and be able to increase my attack rating.  Right now I'm stuck with a base attack of 300 something because I currently have no other options yet to create a new insect glaive or upgrade the one I have.  (the current upgrade is asking for parts of monsters I haven't even discovered yet it seems)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
Are they monsters from the old game? You can get some of those parts from the Wyporium Trader. Also, make sure you go on those random expeditions. That seems to unlock new monsters over time.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »
I'm home sick today with an awful head cold so I'll probably go between hunting and sleeping all day. Let me know if anyone wants to hunt.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »
I'm up for hunting.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2015, 07:17:50 PM »
I'm home sick today with an awful head cold so I'll probably go between hunting and sleeping all day. Let me know if anyone wants to hunt.
That doesn't sound good at all, I hope you get well soon.

I'll probably be playing with my friend, we might not invite others though.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
Well I'm 4596-9710-4135 FC if you want too.

Though I would warn I might not be the best of company do to what I mentioned in General Chat.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
The Feelers?  They are a pain to get.  We should hunt sometime together though I never see you online.

Finally defeated Gore Magala Offline wearing the complete Gore Magala Armor set with the Gore Magala Light Bow gun.
I had full velociprey armor and leader shotels.

Oh lucky me, I need 2 gore magala feelers to upgrade to his db set.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2015, 10:08:33 PM »
Also I have a purple palico. Naturally I named him Big and sent him out via streetpass.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »
So I have a hunt going on at 11:00 for an hour to do some of the HR2 Non-Key Quests.  Trying to complete them all.
You can Sign up here:
http://teamworkcast.com/parties/party.php?code=2fao30di

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
Guess who got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate today! THIS guy!
My FC is in my signature. See? It's down below!
I look forward to playing with my NWR peeps!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
Are they monsters from the old game? You can get some of those parts from the Wyporium Trader. Also, make sure you go on those random expeditions. That seems to unlock new monsters over time.

Sorry for the late response.  I'm not sure what monsters they are, I haven't looked them up yet and I've never really played the old ones.  I've been using the trader to get some goods and have opened up some more monsters through expeditions but I tend to go at a snails pace with my gaming as of late lol. 

I'm in the second town right now and just defeated that rock dragon.  One thing I wonder though is how would anyone defeat that monster without the use of the insect glaive?  It wasn't too bad for me as I was just able to constantly hop to it and strike its weak spot but without the hop capability, I can't imagine how I would've attacked it as all my other strikes were bouncing off of it. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:37 PM »
I'm a bow user and I mount like crazy. You can jump off of ledges to mount monsters. If you are talking about Basarios he was surprisingly easy to beat with mounts. The level I fought him on had a nice ledge in the middle of the area and I would lure him to the lower part and then climb up and jump onto him. I think some monsters may have an extra vulnerability to these types of attacks.

Rathalos can now be an epic fight. He will hunt you while you are climbing and claw or fireball you before you get a chance to jump off and attack him.

Mannypon, typically the forge will not show weapons requiring monsters you have not fought. The exception is for the parts from monsters you get through the Wycoon Trader. When you unlock parts in the trader, the game treats it as if you have beaten that monster and shows all of the things that can be made with those traded parts.

Congrats of getting the game, Phil! I am guessing this is a birthday present?

I realized that I never went and entered everyone's FC into my 3DS so I will do that now. Badger me if I missed you and want me to add you.

My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
Guess who got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate today! THIS guy!
My FC is in my signature. See? It's down below!
I look forward to playing with my NWR peeps!

Added. You too Stratos.

Still on HR 1 but a friend tells me rares drop a little less rare online so started a bit early. Sure enough I got that King's Frill in only  my 2nd quest.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:27:22 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:37 PM »
Just a quick question, I see people mention hr1 and so on, what does that mean?  Is it hunter rank? and are you referring to the current star level of your quests? 

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2015, 11:32:03 PM »
Just a quick question, I see people mention hr1 and so on, what does that mean?  Is it hunter rank? and are you referring to the current star level of your quests?

For me, both. I'm hunter rank 1 & doing 1 star quests at the moment.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2015, 02:11:57 AM »
They are similar, but not exactly the same. Offline the star ranks do not increase your HR (hunter rank). The guild hall quests do raise your rank up to 8 (or whatever the highest star rank is in the guild hall). After you hit the highest level your HR increases as you earn HR points on quests. You were always earning these HR points but they were not advertised until after you beat the final urgent quest.

Because of this hidden accumulation, it is common for players to jump straight from HR 8 to HR 15-25. At that point it is more of a gamer score, though some advanced quests only unlock after you hit a certain high level.

In MH3U the Abyssal Lagiacrus only appeared to people HR70 and higher.
My Game Collection

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2015, 02:30:37 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I did go to the gathering hall and then noticed the hr1 quests.  One thing I noticed though when doing those quests is that I get 4 of most supplies at the start.  Am I to assume these quests are designed to be tackled in groups?  So far I've been soloing most of the HR1 quests but am I eventually going to get to a point where that wont be possible?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2015, 03:21:38 AM »
I did go to the gathering hall and then noticed the hr1 quests.  One thing I noticed though when doing those quests is that I get 4 of most supplies at the start.  Am I to assume these quests are designed to be tackled in groups?  So far I've been soloing most of the HR1 quests but am I eventually going to get to a point where that wont be possible?
Yes, the gathering hall is the multiplayer and those quests are designed for 4 players. The monsters in these quests have a lot more HP than they do in single player, and they are typically more aggressive, so although you can play them in solo, they will be much harder. There will most likely be a point where you won't be able to beat these quests on your own, unless you happen to be one of those super crazy awesome players who can solo them all... without armour.

HR is hunter rank which is basically your rank for multiplayer/online. The HR quests progress a bit different differently than the single player quests and the quests themselves may also differ. There are also quests here that are exclusive to the gathering hall and so you'll have to play multiplayer to get the most out of this game. In the beginning, the HR number will determine which quests you can choose, or join if someone else chooses. However, this is true only up to a certain number (which was HR 8 in MH3U meaning there were 8 levels of quests), and then after that, you can keep gaining HR but it's largely useless after that, with max HR being 999.

Well I'm 4596-9710-4135 FC if you want too.
I added you anyway.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »
It will change the color of your tag but yeah mostly useless.  It becomes an ePeen later.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »
Good grief, how many cat puns are there in this game.

Partnya
Meow-nting

Even Palico itself is a pun on a cat breed.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
They are your Calico Pals!

It is a lot, but I feel it adds to the overall charm of the game. One of the cats even makes a crack about his speech being a pun of a pun so I look at it as self aware humor.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »
Monster Hunter has always been loaded with cat puns, and puns in general.

As someone who only likes to play multiplayer in these games, I think it's lame how I have to play single player to unlock stuff now. So stupid.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »
The Kut-Ku Light Bow Gun is a a lie.  A lie....

Offline squatchlif

• View Profile
    • My blog about Bigfoot
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2015, 11:10:06 PM »
So, I couldn't seem to get a hang of MH3U but I enjoyed the demo for MH4U quite a bit.

My question is: should I buy this game? Is the online community really willing to help out a noob? and what is everyone's favorite weapon?

So far, I've tried the Insect Glaive and Dual Blades. I seem to have trouble mounting and jump attacks. I'm also not sure on how to lure monsters and jump off ledges to attack.

I entered the party late but any advice would be much appreciated!
- Skye

Twitter: squatchlif
3DS: 5370-0428-0148
NNID: skyeevans
PSN: dowjonesreno
XBL: skyeevans

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:49 AM »
So, I couldn't seem to get a hang of MH3U but I enjoyed the demo for MH4U quite a bit.

My question is: should I buy this game? Is the online community really willing to help out a noob? and what is everyone's favorite weapon?

So far, I've tried the Insect Glaive and Dual Blades. I seem to have trouble mounting and jump attacks. I'm also not sure on how to lure monsters and jump off ledges to attack.

I entered the party late but any advice would be much appreciated!

Yes.

It really depends on you end up hunting with. I know in the past fellow NWR hunters are always willing to lend a hand & I've ran into some cool randoms. But I've also come across random folks that are downright annoying to share a lobby with.

The hammer is probably my favorite still but I'm also handy with the dual blades, longsword, & great sword. Trying to add the hunting horn to that list as well.

To jump, have your weapon drawn & do a roll off a ledge then hit X to strike. After that it's just timing & waiting for the monster to get into position.
Mission...complete?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »
I mainly run Dual Blades (Dios Slicers again.) although I have a Para SnS that I pull out occasionally on multiplayer.

I was worried about having to deal with Rathalos on Dual Blades but the increased vertical elements of the environments really helps alleviate that annoyance.

Also I have a solo quest for fighting 2 frenzied khezus. God help me.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2015, 11:19:43 PM »
Defeated Shagaru Magala.  I have to say.  Compared to the Gore Magala fight.  This was easier.  He's slower.  Less physical.  Must do Dragon Damage because he didn't hit that hard with the armor I had.  Relatively easy to light bowgun, compared to say dual Khezu or Tigrex.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
That one is a pain.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2015, 11:28:56 PM »
Defeated Shagaru Magala.  I have to say.  Compared to the Gore Magala fight.  This was easier.  He's slower.  Less physical.  Must do Dragon Damage because he didn't hit that hard with the armor I had.  Relatively easy to light bowgun, compared to say dual Khezu or Tigrex.
He was a bit of a pain to melee but then again I was running a set of Veroceldrome armor so low defense was really starting to bite me.

That one is a pain.
I basically saw that quest and decided I was just going to come back with g-rank armor and roll from there.

Offline squatchlif

• View Profile
    • My blog about Bigfoot
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
Alright guys, I caved and bought it. My friend code is on my signature. Please add me if you'd like to play and tell me your FC.
- Skye

Twitter: squatchlif
3DS: 5370-0428-0148
NNID: skyeevans
PSN: dowjonesreno
XBL: skyeevans

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »
So the DLC dropped today. A lot of good stuff in it.

I'm stoked for the Zelda gear but it sounds like the missions to earn it are pretty tough. We may have to get a group together for it once all of us are at least High Rank. Some G-Rankers are reporting a hard time with it too.

Quote from: Capcom-Unity Blog
So in all, you're getting...14 new quests;
11 new weapons;
4 complete armor sets (8 if you count Blademaster AND Gunner) plus the 3 Fan Club pieces;
2 Palico armor sets;
1 Palico weapon;
1 Bonus Palico: Calico Red;
2 Guild Card backgrounds;
1 Guild Card pose;
9 Guild Card titles;
Caravan Points;

A lot of stuff, I know... and here are a couple of highlight's I'd like to note:

- This pack includes both winners of our Weapon Design Contest: Emperor's Speech and Clockwork
- The Universal Studios Japan gear finally makes its way to a Western release!
- Legend of Zelda special collaboration equipment: Link's armor, Sword & Shield, and Bow! (I just need to say this all the time, because it's so awesome!)
Anyways, go download this pack and enjoy all this free content; we'll be back with more in April. Happy Hunting!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:32:12 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2015, 08:17:58 PM »
Alright guys, I caved and bought it. My friend code is on my signature. Please add me if you'd like to play and tell me your FC.

5215 2461 9982

I miss the Moga Village farm...I keep burning through my potions & having to re-do a Paw Pass quest to try & re-supply.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:12 PM »
Have you built up your Wyporium at all? It acts as a super farm once you get it leveled up.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2015, 03:26:03 AM »
The what? Nah, still haven't gotten my HR 1 urgent out the way. Finished my Tetsucabra set though so will probably get around to that this weekend.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »
I just added Ceric, GK, Manny, and squatchlif. Thought I added some of you already but just checked and I was wrong.

The what? Nah, still haven't gotten my HR 1 urgent out the way. Finished my Tetsucabra set though so will probably get around to that this weekend.

The merchant guy who goes along with your caravan. You might not get him until after the HR1 urgent, but he acts as your farm, but it also includes an option for things like catalysts, dung bombs, and fangs for gunner ammo. So it is like Argosy capt and Moga farm rolled into one superior product once you get it running.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:00:06 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
I'm trying to learn the insect glaive

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »
So I have perfected a bow hunting style for easily getting monster tail.

1) Get a bow that can use C Range Coatings (or gem it in)
1b) Get a mounting +10 talisman (or gem it in if your armor does not have it)
2) Stick those coatings on your bow
3) Mount monsters like crazy
4) While they are toppled from a successful mount go to town melee-ing the tail. You can get 3-6 good melees in per topple depending on the monster.
5) Repeat 2-3 more times
5b) No mounting bonus or monster not in the mood for extra rides? Use Para/Exhaust coating and shock traps to stun the monster and get those last shots in for the tail.
6) Carve and enjoy!
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
If anyone is on I need help with an Zinogre for the DLC Quests.

Also I added you Stratos but you haven't popped.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:45 AM »
I'd love to help with the DLC. A group I was with earlier got pummeled by the triforce quest. I need to get my butt in gear with n HR armor set since my LR bows seem to be holding up just fine.

I'm a bit of a loose cannon when I play Charge Blade. I don't quite have the moves down so I flail about madly. I haven't played Switch Axe since Tri so I never got those skills down very well.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
I'd love to help with the DLC. A group I was with earlier got pummeled by the triforce quest. I need to get my butt in gear with n HR armor set since my LR bows seem to be holding up just fine.
Don't act like you weren't the one who fainted! :P

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »
As someone who only likes to play multiplayer in these games, I think it's lame how I have to play single player to unlock stuff now. So stupid.
To be honest, I don't think they should even let you do g-rank quests unless you've beaten whatever this games equivalent to the Ivory Lagicarus is in single player. (And hopefully it's a much better fight then that)

I think my velciprey armor is spoiling me, autotracker and negate stun are just such wonderful things to play with.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2015, 09:42:26 PM »
I had heard Velociprey armor was a good starter set. I might make an HR version.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2015, 10:41:28 PM »
I had heard Velociprey armor was a good starter set. I might make an HR version.
A bit low on defense but its overall excellent.

It's also one slot short of being able to run both negate stun and psychic without an extra slot from a talisman or your weapon. Which makes my newest little toy a bit at odds with my Dios Slicers.

Gonna have to grind some Los and Dios to get that taken care of.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »
That must be a common charm as I got one as well. I must appear to be a crazy bow guy online because I will mount a monster 3-5 times a match because of that mounting talisman.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2015, 12:07:21 PM »
That must be a common charm as I got one as well. I must appear to be a crazy bow guy online because I will mount a monster 3-5 times a match because of that mounting talisman.
I got another +10 one for cold resistanc.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
I've been melding everything +3 or less to try and get some better ones. But I don't think I ever want to get rid of the +10 mounting.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »
I'm using a +10 Stun +5 Evade dist.

I'm trying to do the event quests just to do them but, at the moment I'm a little sidetracked getting a 2 Firestones.  If anyone want a group to do the different quests I'm in but I'm only still HR5 for some various reasons.  Even though I have over 115 hours.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2015, 12:53:20 AM »
Just got a charm with +10 Power Coat AND +5 health. This will be a great talisman for when I want to use a bow that does not support power coating, which boosts bow damage by 50%. I could now gem an armor set with my Dharen Mohran bow and get the use of all coatings at once. Very nice!

Dont worry about your pace, Ceric. I'm only at HR4 and just enjoying the ride to G. We do need to play together at some point. I double checked your FC and it is the same as the one in your profile. Is that still an accurate FC or did you change it?
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »
So Capcom has a survey up asking about what other consoles you have, your interest in MonHun, and a spot for additional comments. I made clear my preference for a Wii U version and how I bought both the 3DS and U version of 3U. It could encourage them to bring a version to the Wii U.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »
Just got a charm with +10 Power Coat AND +5 health. This will be a great talisman for when I want to use a bow that does not support power coating, which boosts bow damage by 50%. I could now gem an armor set with my Dharen Mohran bow and get the use of all coatings at once. Very nice!

Dont worry about your pace, Ceric. I'm only at HR4 and just enjoying the ride to G. We do need to play together at some point. I double checked your FC and it is the same as the one in your profile. Is that still an accurate FC or did you change it?
Should be.  Hasn't changed since the first day of the 3DS.  I did post it in this thread too.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
Do we have to be online at the same time for it to confirm? I'll be home in 6 hours if you want to try and be online together.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
Does anyone use PowerSaves Pro at all? I seem to have deleted my best charm and wonder if someone would be willing to help me try and get it back. I don't want to buy it as there is no guarantee it works with digital saves, though reportedly it could be done if I transfer the save to a computer.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:27:29 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM »
Sorry, never even heard of it. You might not want to save anything for a while. I hear when it comes to memory recovery, the more you save over it, the harder it is to recover what you want. Best of luck Stratos.
Mission...complete?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
I've started dabbling in gunning myself. Which I assure you is a 100% noble attempt to branch out that has absolutely nothing to do with me liking the design of the female bnahabra gunner armor.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
I've started dabbling in gunning myself. Which I assure you is a 100% noble attempt to branch out that has absolutely nothing to do with me liking the design of the female bnahabra gunner armor.

Can't blame you. Have a friend that's been hunting since the first game & he always plays as a female hunter because he likes their outfits over the guys overall.

As for me, this is on my amazon wishlist now. As well as a male hunter one in full Lagiacrus armor.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
Ceric! Your FC is different in your profile! You posted this on like page 5: 4596-9710-4135
But in your profile it is: 4382-1981-0990

Looks like we are finally friends :P
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2015, 12:33:57 PM »
Wound up springing for the Tigerex S armor. The velocioprey armors lower defense really just started biting me back so I switched to a set of tetsucabra I whipped up...

Then Deviljho suddenly remembered that he was in this game and started tearing up **** during my 5* urgent (as if I wasn't having enough fun there) While everyone was trying to heal.

Apparently Jho then decided he needed to make up for lost time because he's showed up during 3 of my Tigerex hunts and a harvest tour.

There's a reason I like having Autotracker, outside of how much I like going in the everwood. It's because I generally don't like Surprises.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2015, 10:12:06 PM »
I need a good Thunder resistant armor. I've got all of the other elements covered.

I'll be on in the evening the next few days trying to beat the event quests. Reach out to me if you want to join and I am in a locked room. I'm going to get that Zelda gear!
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2015, 10:47:10 PM »
I am almost to G-Rank. I plan to be on tonight, so reach out if you want to play.

I need to farm Seregios. Also need some Brach, B Tigrex, Styg Z, and Silver Rath parts on High Rank.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

Eat your heart out verocildrome armor.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'm online hunting most of the day if anyone wants to join.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
 I'm throwing a party with Gog and everyone g3 and up is invited to room id 31-9288-9164-2068 to join.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Congrats on the victory! I still need a few parts to finish my Gog armor so if anyone else needs help with him let me know. It is probably one of my favorite set-piece fights in the game. I just get the Artillery skill and go to town on the cannons.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
i need a little Gog to make the set I think still.  I have the rare pieces.  Did get the Second Credits and my crown.  I'm 1 Rank away from 100 and my purple text.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile

That's not funny. I do need G rank Savage Jho parts though...

I finished my Gog armor, but I love that fight so I will gladly help anyone else with it. I created a special Artillery God/Speed Gather set and just rock the cannons.
My Game Collection

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2015, 12:19:40 AM »
I just took Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate online for the first time, I have 7 new friends in my friends list and an extra 10 hours on my activity log. I can't think of the last time a single anything has held my interest for such a prolonged period of time, without breaks! My only complaint is that you cannot free type during a hunt, sometimes I would want to tell my team mates something really specific but just couldn't. Nevertheless the netcode is excellent.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2015, 04:20:08 AM »
You end up filling your chat phrases for as many situations you can think up.

Glad you are liking the game. Let me know if you ever want to hunt some time as I still like go play. I got a group of guild quests I'm trying to level up at well.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »
I bought this way back around April or May- whenever it was on sale. I have a friend who was playing a lot so I thought I'd jump in and give it a go. I found this version turned out to be more accessible than previous games and while I haven't played online much really my buddy and I have gotten up to G Rank pretty quickly. I've mainly been using sword and shield, it's been working out pretty good for me. I'm looking forward to MHX if it comes out here- hoping for a next year release.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2015, 12:05:36 AM »
I logged on an played a match this weekend. Was nice to come back to it. But I don't have a lot of time for the in depth hunts I used to do. Maybe over the winter break.

We should hunt some time.
My Game Collection

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2015, 11:54:46 PM »
I just received this game and I've climbed up to the Rank 3 quests in singe player, very excited to have a competent enough armor and weapon build to go online. The experience has been much more fun than Tri U and Tri, and Tri was the game that introduced me to the series. Monster variety even in the early game has been lovely and I hear it only geets crazier but I'm glad to see less emphasis on Wyverns and such (though I'm sure the endgame is a lot of that because they're the least enjoyable to fight).
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
If any of you want to play online sometime, I'd be willing to pop back into this game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:02 AM »
Let's set a date. Its been too long since I played a game with anyone here. How does Wednesday evening sound?
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »
I'm free most evenings, this week especially I have a lot of down time. I'm free to play anytime in the evening. I don't have any goals right now in the game so I wouldn't mind just helping to get parts or raise HR.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
I need to hunt the G Dala 2-3 more times to get the parts to complete my set.

Other than that I need to level up my Zinogre and Tigrex Guild Quests so I can get Wroggi relic armor.

So if anyone needs Zinny or Tiggy bits those are a great option. I have more skymeralds than I know what to do with because of these quests.

Other than that I am down for anything. I'll be home around 8:30 or 9 PST.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2015, 06:35:20 PM »
That's pretty late for me tonight, maybe we can hunt Friday night or over the weekend. I'm on the East Coast :/
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
It could work. What will the passcode be?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »
I don't remember what our old codes were. I'll just go with 6464 as a fall back.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:58 PM »
one of my palicos actually has Rath-of-Meow and this skill set:

So basically, if I initiate a quest during a two player hunt the Palicos will get to roll around in the wooden tank shouting out rejected Power Rangers dialogue at my command. It's kinda awesome.

"Rath of Dragon! Fire dragon cannon!"

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »
Also Room ID: 35-9404-1350-0008 41-3434-8235-8892
Password: 6464
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:45:10 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2015, 12:22:40 AM »
I'm not seeing anyone online? Did I miss it?
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2015, 02:12:58 AM »
Yep. Sorry,

I have a Teostra GQ I'm probably going to be pushing a bit because apparently that's one of the better ways to get divine armor spheres and I kinda want to bulk myself up so I can try to take on White Monoblos

Also, i forgot how nice my armor setup was.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »
Oh now there's something... I was hunting Chameleos with a Spanish room and I noticed his little auto-tracker icon seems to stick around when chameleos does his little invisibility act. I'll need to test this out a bit though.

So lets see here... I'll probably need to grind chameleos or something for the scrolls so I can unlock Shah Dalamandur, beat him, and get access to the Dalamandur Palico gear.

I also need to get some more Divine Armor Spheres, so perhaps I can use my Teostra GQ to try and accomplish both goals. (I've scouted out the map and it's hilarious, he spawns in the everwood area with a bunch of streams so you can put yourself out if he sets you on fire,)

I'm pretty content with my armor and weapon setup atm otherwise. The Seregios gear continues to serve me well.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:51:54 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »
We could rotate GQs so both of us want to get them leveled up.
My Game Collection