Author Topic: It's Party Time  (Read 1797 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
It's Party Time
« on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »

The Virtual Console recommendations crew finally gets a new release worth looking at.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/recommendations/24653

Though the Virtual Console train has slowed considerably, Nintendo opted to grace us with a rarity: a first party N64 game in late December, and a well-loved one at that. Matt Blundon takes a close look at the game and see if it’s still worth your hard-earned coins.

Also, Neal Ronaghan takes a look at another classic in Zombies Ate My Neighbors, a two-player shooter for SNES featuring a greatest hits from the Halloween costume aisle.

Lastly, Andy Goergen looks at the classic Genesis strategy RPG, Shining Force II.  Does it hold up, or is it old news?

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: It's Party Time
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
Mario Party 2 is sort of like a remake of the first Mario Party, but that's okay because the original was pretty rough around the edges. It didn't just do away with the stick-spinning games, but made the minigames themselves more involving, and it has a better board setup too. Still, I disagree that the game is for everyone, I'd say only fans would still enjoy the game today. The recent Mario Party games outclass it in every area, and anyone unfamiliar with the series would opt for the Wii entry, or possibly one of the later GameCube installments.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »
I could never beat ZAMN fairly, I had to use Game Genie. It was fun as hell though to have invincibility and unlimited weapons. I would blast the hell out of everything with the bazooka.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ryan Cannon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
I would have to say that MP2 is probably one of my favorites of the Mario Partys. It's got a great feel, awesome mini-games, and enjoyable environments.   
Normal people don't affect me...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
Excellent!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 04:50:39 AM »
I could never beat ZAMN fairly, I had to use Game Genie.
I know the feeling, I remember that game being tough. Though I never owned it myself, I only played the Genesis version at a friend's place. I don't remember much, but I know we never could get very far. I'm kind of curious to give it another try after so long, it may just be I was bad at the game since I couldn't really practice it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
ZAMN is still a pretty fun game.  I played through about 20 levels before I started to lose interest.  The biggest problem with the game is you've seen pretty much everything it has to offer after the first 15 levels.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!