Author Topic: Trying to find a Play Cube adaptor  (Read 2510 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Trying to find a Play Cube adaptor
« on: April 10, 2004, 09:01:33 AM »
I'm looking for Nyko Play Cube adapter This Thingie

Nyko doesn't seem to make them anymore and I haven't found one on ebay or amazon.

Does anyone know of a place that has them (or something similar in function) in stock so I can purchase one? Thanks.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Trying to find a Play Cube adaptor
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 01:14:35 PM »
I bought mine at EB, though it was a couple years ago.  I'd ask the mall stores, they may have one in the back or something.  It's a pretty good deal for ten bucks (or less), although I ended up rarely using mine.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Trying to find a Play Cube adaptor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 02:51:29 PM »
I've seen a number of Radio Shack stores in my area that have them gathering dust. Unfortunately (by my tastes), they're all the blue/purple model pictured above.

Nyko made a black model at some point. The black one works with the GameBoy Player. The blue one does not.

PlayCubes don't seem to work 100% reliably with all games. But the black one works perfectly with the GBP, so it opens up to a whole world of games. I never use anything but the black PlayCube on my GBP. It's sweet.

You can get a "Cube Joybox", from most Hong Kong import sites, made freshly for you as you order, but last I looked they stopped offering the "base model" Cube Joybox on their website forms, and were only offering the more-expensive one that doubles as a PSO-compatible keyboard adaptor. But I'm sure you could get them to make you a base model one, if you emailed them specifically about it, and they understood your crazy moon language. They're here to serve. Or at least try.

I've heard conflicting things about whether or not the Cube Joybox works with the GameBoy Player. You could probably ask them about that. See what I said about "moon language" above.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 03:50:35 PM »
uh, What is "moon language" ?

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 04:41:32 PM »
English. If you happen to not know how to understand it.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline GrAyLaN

• -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 07:18:30 PM »
I didn't even know about the Playcube adapter 'till I read this...now I'm gonna' go buy one...with luck. I'll let ya' know if I find it. Offtopic: I just got Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee for 23 bucks of eBay... I eBay...

-GrAyLaN
Looks like someone ate too many donuts...
A whole Winchells worth of too many donuts...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 07:59:56 PM »
I found something similar at Babbages and Software Etc but it's a different brand and adapts the PS/2 controller to either the Gamecube or the Xbox. it's $20 instead of $10 though so I'm going to look around a bit more for the Nyko adapter.

The Godzilla game is fun with multiple people but I wasn't too impressed with it otherwise; they don't give you enough monsters unlocked to start out with. I got it for $6.99 with a trade in at the local game shop.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 08:25:04 PM »
This is the adapter they Had: Gemini Universal Controller Adapter Has anyone had experience with this particular brand?

Offline GrAyLaN

• -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 02:41:09 PM »
Not enough unlocked monsters? That's what cheatworld.com is for my friend. I got the cheats and don't even have the game yet.

-GrAyLaN
Looks like someone ate too many donuts...
A whole Winchells worth of too many donuts...