Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 463238 times)

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2003, 12:35:18 AM »
hey, this is Frozen Ad here.  when this forums opened, i jumped at the chance to get AiAi (without any characters at the end).  After all, i was born in the year of the monkey, therefore i devote myself to being a monkey!

anyway, i must be the only person from Melbourne?  oh well.  i'm entering my final year subjects at university, studing engineering: robotics and mechatronics.  be afraid of me, very afraid!

BTW, game freak, i think that CUBE mag is the same as the uk version.  a friend gave me an issue he got for free from his neighbor (who works at a mag. warehouse distributor).

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2003, 12:43:52 AM »
WHO said you're the only person in Melbourne, eh?  I'm awake!  I'm awake!
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2003, 01:26:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Aussie Ben PGC
WHO said you're the only person in Melbourne, eh?  I'm awake!  I'm awake!

yay!  i'm not alone!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2003, 01:45:03 AM »
Ahhh, so AiAi is Frozen Ad. Good to see ya round here dude.
Well, I was born in the year of the Ox, so you don't see me calling myself 'Heffer' (from Rocko's Modern Life) do you? Haha.

And as I have said before, the Aussie Cube Mag IS the UK version in diguise. We're about 2-3 issues behind. I bought the UK version, hoping to fill the void that Nintendo Gamer (sort of) left unfilled. Then the 'Aussie' version came. And I bought that. #1 of the Aussie Cube mag was about the launch of Gamecube in 'Australia'. It came in a neat little slip-in cover. Unfortunately for me, the UK #6 came out a while later, and it too had a neat little slip-in cover. It was when I read the mag, and compared the two that I realised I was buying the same mag twice. I stopped buying the UK version at #7, and started buying the Aussie version. The crap thing is they use figures from Nintendo of Europe in their interviews like David Gosen and Shelley Friend about the Cube Clubs and such - well, we didn't have Cube Clubs here in Australia, so anyone here that bought those issues and went around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin and Hobart looking for them, stop. You are stupid.

So buy the Aussie Cube if you want, buy be warned that the info in it is Europe-related, not Austrralia and New Zealand. I buy it simply for the reviews, previews and features. And believe me when I say, the features are excellent. I especially like the 'Act Your Age' feature in Issue 2 about mature games on Gamecube.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2003, 09:40:22 PM »
I just went to EB earlier today, and i asked about the zelda bonus disk. They said that Nintendo Australia were thinking of not releasing it here due to lack of demand for the Gamecube and Zelda. Every Australian reading this, or anyone else from any other countries are also welcome to help out, EMAIL nintendo australia and tell them you want the Bonus Disk. Say, you heard about the preorder deal that was happening in America and Japan and you want to know if its happening in Australia and tell them you want the damn bonus disk. Zelda preorders in the US are breaking sales records (over 250000 already and the preorder deal hasnt even officially started yet), and Nintendo Australia arent releasing it because of lack of demand?!?!?!!?? This further proves my theory about Nintendo Australia being the laziest company in the world. In case your wondering what thier email address is, feedback@nintendo.com.au is where you should send you email. I WANT THAT DAMN BONUS DISK!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2003, 11:43:18 PM »
the "Act Your Age" feature was really good (that was the issue i got for free from my friend).  it was interesting what people thought mature titles were, ie: not blood or violence, but if it is challenging for an adult and takes its content seriously.

i still consider the British PC Gamer to be the best gaming mag i've read.  i've been a subscriber for years.  the quality of the reviews/previews etc are really good, better than what i read on the internet.  no offense PGC, this is a PC mag, not console.  and the humour is beyond belief (eg: "What?  Your are so fired! - Ed" and other silly features).  also the CD demo disc saves me from having to download demos and movies (i have a 56k connection).  i'm also proud to display my pile of CD demos (about 100 of them!) on the shelf behind me!

mario, looks like i'm going to have to pre-order zelda from europe (if they get the deal).  i got a feeling this might happen.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2003, 06:25:44 PM »
Pre-order deal or no pre-order deal, I went and pre-ordered Zelda today anyway.
I don't want to wait for Nintendo of Australia to finally announce it, only to have missed out on it cause I held out to the last minute. If it doesn't come out here, well, at least I'm one of the first people to get it. And lots of people owe me money, so I'm not really gonna be payig a lot for it anyways. Haha.

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2003, 01:21:57 PM »
hello fellow aussies
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2003, 05:11:37 PM »
Hello fellow aussie

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2003, 11:19:38 PM »
Come on guys! There only 98 signatures on it! I am number 98!
Would Nintendo of Australia only believe 100 people from all over Australia? No! So get over there and sign, unless all of us from Australia on this board have already done so.

We shouldn't have to be doing this anyway. Nintendo should have already announced it.
I hope that after this petition is sent, that Nintendo updates the site, and we all get a mention:
"Due to unprecedented amounts of whinging and pleading, we have finally given Australian gamers the chance to play Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube....."

That would be funny. And a good day.  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2003, 02:00:40 AM »
What happened to all us Aussies? Is there now nothing to talk about?
Must I be talking to myself just to keep this thread alive?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2003, 04:57:42 PM »
OOhh, I signed that Zelda thingy a few weeks back. Just look for someone bitching by the name of Lance McGill =P

! Also, I noticed something funky today at my local Grace Bros. store in Blacktown, NSW.. You can get Happy Potter: CoS for $39.95 PLUS they chuck in a memory card 59!
Of course, I leaped on it. The lady who served me had no idea if this deal was happening anywhere else, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Harry Potter is actually a great deal better than I thought it would be!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2003, 05:05:11 PM »
The game was also a great deal better than I thought it world be, since the controls are basically like Zelda OoT! It does get frustrating at times, and that's where some othe faults are. Quitel a lot of frustrating gameplay features, and the controls to get annoying. But the camera is great, and the framerate is smooth as ice. But nothing beats flying around on the broom, so the Quidditch matches were cool, but being able to fly around Hogwarts is even better. The whole castle is modelled in great detail, you will enjoy it a lot.
But a word of warning. The game is extremely short, which is a shame. If Chamber of Secrets is anything to go by, I'm certainly looking forward to the Prisoner of Azkaban game.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2003, 09:59:19 AM »
Not to mention Gnome Tossing brings a wicked smile to my face. Take that you filthy bastards! *Hurls at target to get wizard card*

Oh yes, and here's some out-bloody-standing news for those who live in NSW. Go to your local Domayne store. NOW.
Today, Saturday and Sunday they're having a sale on a heap of stuff, including games. ALL GAMES ARE 50% OFF

No joke.
I'm going to find out where the hell my nearset Domayne store is tonight and rush it tommorrrow morning. I'd go today, but... .. Too lazy.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2003, 02:34:06 PM »
brisbane cube/gba fan here ^_^

they are having a similar deal here for any other? brisbane residents at Oxley Harvey Norman, 50% off ALL games on shelf, i can pick up rouge leader for $14!!!
so i may be taking a drive this weekend

edit: sorry i said retravision before, its actually harvey norman

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2003, 01:30:58 PM »
Serious? Hey all you guys in the Burwood, Bankstown area! The nearest Domayne in our Area is in Auburn. It's on the near corner of Parramatta Rd and Silverwater Rd (opposite the Nike store and McDonalds).

EDIT: Oi, and is there a catalogue for this? GET THE CATALOGUE, THEN GO TO EB OR ANY SIMILAR STORE, SHOW THEM THRE CATALOGUE, AND YOU'LL GET A FURTHER DISCOUNT FROM DOMAYNE's PRICES!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2003, 03:38:37 PM »
Sup guys! I just went to EB Burwood and pre-ordered Wind Waker, and guess what the guy said. "Thank you, we will ring you next week when we get the bonus disks" OMG!!!! Teh bonus disk r coming to huztraliaaa~!!!!11onetwothree!!!! I cant wait! I also saw heaps of advertising for the free game deal in front of EB, good news, now all nintendo australia need to do is put ads on tv.

And DAMN that domayne sale is awesome, i was gonna buy yoshis island and golden sun today, but lucky i didnt. Gonna go down to auburn tomorow and get some bargains!!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2003, 08:41:41 PM »
ARG! I didn't get to go to Auburn today >_<
Must. Go. Tommorrow.

It ends Sunday!
There's no official catalouge, but there was a small newspaper advert in last Sunday's Sunday Telegraph. I didn't even see it till a friend told me about it yesterday.

And this lucky bastard posted what he got there over at Hyperactive.com.au

Pikmin
Sega Soccer Slam
Eternal Darkness
Tony Hawk 4
NBA Live 2003 (A game I should've got for Christmas, but I got Pac Man for GBA instead)
Controller (Spice)
Memory Card 251
GC/GBA Link Cable

Total RRP approx = $590

I paid $295 !!!!!!!!!    

Thank you Harvey Norman (Bennet's Green store) and Domayne NSW !

ARG, ULTRA BARGAINS!

Not only this, but Kmart has another 20% GameCube games deal going, started today, lasts till next Friday. Catalouges should have arrived all over Australia by this morning (Well, that's when I got mine)

I did get to go to my local Kmart this afternoon, only to find basically nothing on the shelves. I didn't realize so many people were interested in GameCube in stinky ol' Blacktown :/

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2003, 11:19:48 PM »
Odd.
Pressing Edit gives me a 404 =/

Anyway, more bargain deal goodness.
Not only is Harry Potter $39.95 with a free memory card 59 over at Myer/Grace Bros/MegaMart
But the free memory card deal also works with a bunch of other games, including Mortal Kombat: DA and NightFire. All stores across NSW now have this deal in place, see instore for a full list of games that'll come with the memory card.

Oh yeah, and the card is official. No 3rd party crap...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2003, 02:36:01 AM »
I'll be in the city tomorrow (or today, since 12:29am), and there's stores everywhere! Haha.

And Mario, are you sh*tting me? EB said the pre-order deal is coming to Australia? Man! I was in Burwood today, (saw Undercover Brother, which was OK) but the shops were closed (DAMN!).
Yeah, and I saw heaps of ads for the free Gamecube deal thing as well. I think things are pretty much picking up here now. It's great isn't it?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2003, 11:26:58 AM »
Monkey, HOLY SH!T that is a GOOD FUGIN DEAL, im gonna kill that bastard And is there anywhere that i can get Mortal Kombat DA for cheap with the memory card, coz ive been wanting to get that game and a free memory card is the clincher. But i dont wanna pay full price for it coz i just no it will go on sale straight after i get it. Anyway, Termin8anakin, it really looks like GC is pretty popular now, i wonder what the latest aussie sales figures r gonna be, should be interesting.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2003, 12:01:59 PM »
yes it will be very interesting, once we get metroid/zelda/pso/animal crossing things will probably pick up even more (about florking time). alot of the consoles being sold at the moment with the free game deal could be people who really want zelda/metroid in particular and are getting on board at a good time

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2003, 07:08:35 PM »
omg!!! bargins get!!
just got back from Oxley Harvy Norman, ended up getting Gauntlet Dark Legacy for 49.95 (not a great game, but multiplayer is super fun) and Rouge Squadron for 15!!!

we also picked up a new wide screen tv mmmmm clarity

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2003, 09:39:12 PM »
Mario, the cheapest way (at this point in time) to get Mortal Kombat: DA is this, now get out your pen and notepad!

-Get yourself the K-Mart catalouge

-Go to Grace Bros. with it

-Bring along a turnip and a barrel or spiced rabbit feet (Important factor, that one)

-Throw the catalouge in their face and show them the 20% off GameCube games bit on page 2

-They'll match it and chuck in the memory card 59, so you'll get MKA with a memory card 59 for roughly $80.95

Huzzah!