Author Topic: DS Lite Owners Don't Need to Lose Friends  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
DS Lite Owners Don't Need to Lose Friends
« on: April 05, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »
Well, after the fact, TYP pointed out that the WiFi firmware has an option to transfer ALL of your settings to another DS system.  Anyone upgrading to a DS Lite can use this method for an easier transition than Smash_Bro and I went through, forcing all our friends to add us again.  If only I'd known yesterday.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: DS Lite Owners Don't Need to Lose Friends
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »
Yeah on pennyarcade they mentioned something about that and I wondered if you guys would write it on some dsl faq you would eventually do.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: DS Lite Owners Don't Need to Lose Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »
Hmm, I figured this would only bring the "settings" over, as in the preferences of the connection, not friend codes and the like.

Dammit, I knew I should have looked further into that option.

Assumption is still the mother of all screw-ups...

EDIT: I feel like a colossal sack of stupid right about now. The transfer took exactly 3 minutes from start to finish as I moved the config from one DS to the next and back again.

Sigh. Live and learn...

At least I won't make this mistake again.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64