Author Topic: Smashterpieces Podcast Episode 37: Pikmin  (Read 776 times)

Offline Grimace the Minace

• Matt Zawodniak
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Smashterpieces Podcast Episode 37: Pikmin
« on: September 16, 2021, 11:44:37 AM »

Perhaps the Pikmin have opened my heart to the beauty of this world.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/58353/smashterpieces-podcast-episode-37-pikmin

CAPTAIN’S LOG: We have crash landed on an alien planet, the various parts of our craft have been scattered amongst the foliage. For awhile we were able to scrounge up the necessary resources we needed to survive but at around the two week mark our inspiring story with themes of determination and grit quickly transformed into a tragedy. Joe was the first to go, a bird sprouting from the ground as if it were a root vegetable being plucked from the earth and wrapping its mighty beak around Joe’s soft frame. Matt went soon afterwards, chased down and devoured without hesitation by one of those damned Bulborbs. David was able to last a few more days but alas, he too met his end when a stupid frog broke every bone in his body with a body slam.

Presented by Anonymous Dinosaur and Nintendo World Report, this is Smashterpieces - a casual walk through the history of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roster. On this show, hosts Joe DeVader and Matt Zawodniak are playing one game for every fighter in the newest Super Smash Bros. game, from 1984's Duck Hunt to 2019's Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Each game will be live-streamed by both of us, and then we'll convene to talk about it on the podcast.

All this death really makes you wonder: if they’re all gone then who the hell is hosting this episode of the show? You know, the one covering Smashterpiece #37: Pikmin? It’s the episode guest starring David (DVD Smith) where they talk  about Joe’s first experience with the game, the pseudo RTS style gameplay, the many many Pikmin corpses left in their wake, and of course how pleasant the soundtrack is to listen to. This may be a mystery that’ll never be solved, but hey at least we have an episode that came out of it!

Join us next time for a special episode on the second game in Nintendo’s beloved crossover fighter: Super Smash Bros. Melee!

You can find previous episodes at Anonymous Dinosaur's website!

Our list of games can be found here!

You can watch Matt and Joe stream these games on the NWR Twitch channel!

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Smashterpieces Podcast Episode 37: Pikmin
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »
Awesome discussion. I watched the stream and Joe’s den mother persona was hilarious. I also think it’s so clean that you went in to Pikmin right from Luigi’s Mansion, which in itself has the demo video on it. Looking forward to more GameCube galore, and maybe Pikmin sequel streams! Ideally, someday we could see Matt and Joe tackle Pikmin 3 deluxe together but I suppose the stars would have to align.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com