Author Topic: FIFA 22 Coming To Switch As Legacy Edition Again  (Read 869 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
FIFA 22 Coming To Switch As Legacy Edition Again
« on: July 11, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »

I guess that means it's not coming home for a lot of you.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/57809/fifa-22-coming-to-switch-as-legacy-edition-again

Electronic Arts's one guaranteed Switch release per year will be similar to the last few.

Ahead of today's European championship final match between sides from England and Italy, EA confirmed the Switch version of FIFA 22 will be a Legacy Edition, and will launch on October 1. This will continue a trend for the Switch: the last FIFA release without this tag was FIFA 19, released in the fall of 2018.

A "Legacy Edition" refers to the teams in the game - both club and national - being updated, but no major improvements to the game proper. Perhaps as a result of this, preorders are pricing at US$39.99 on Switch compared to $59.99 for PlayStation 4 / Xbox One and $69.99 for PlayStation 5 / Xbox Series.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA 22 Coming To Switch As Legacy Edition Again
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 07:24:33 PM »
Charging $40 for a 3 year old game, and EA wonders why people don't buy the Switch versions of their games? They are releasing a game they made back in 2018 and the only change is a roster update. I'm not saying they can't do that, but it really should be like $14.99 or at MOST $19.99 if it's literally the exact same game they released the last few years with just the rosters updated.