Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.

<< < (10/11) > >>

BeautifulShy:

Love is in the air...

Does anyone like music? Here is my head canon on musical tastes for each main character.

Samus enjoys hard rock and metal, a few things even veering into scream or death metal.

Rundas’s interests often overlap with Samus’s, but his taste is a little softer - he doesn’t like much metal and prefers soft rock. Sometimes he listens to rap or hip hop.

Ghor listens to classical music exclusively and detests anything more modern or technological.

Gandrayda enjoys smooth jazz and experimental music, often things that don’t keep a consistent beat or tone.

U-Mos enjoys trance and lo-fi music.

Adam doesn’t usually listen to music, but when he does, he listens to the trashiest, most generic pop music he can find. He hates it, but claims that it helps him zone out and focus on thinking when he has to work and plan. Once he listened to the same song 127 times in a row when he stayed up all night planning an attack on a space pirate base.

Anthony likes soul music with a focus on poetic lyrics.

Ridley won’t listen to anything except death metal and screamo.

Kraid will listen to and enjoy literally any type of music imaginable. Ridley once almost convinced him that the sound of a radiator working was a song, and Kraid said he liked it.

Dark Samus almost never had a chance to listen to music, but she enjoyed anything with an emphasis on a slow, loud backing beat and no lyrics. It reminds her of the metaphorical heartbeat of Phaaze and all phazon.

It is time for some Metroid Headcannon....

Because Gandrayda has the power to change her form whenever she wants, she consciously has to hold her cells in the shape of her natural form

Gangrayda can shapeshift into almost any material. A lover of pranks and challenges, Gandrayda made used of this ability on many occasions. She often used shape-shifting pranks to grab the attention of people she admired- probably on Samus on more than one occasion. She was the sort of person who’d pretend to be your coffee table for a week before springing out on you, more for the sake of testing how long she can remain as a coffee table than for the satisfaction of scaring you shitless (but that was always a bonus to giggle about later.)

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: ejamer on March 30, 2020, 12:07:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on March 29, 2020, 07:56:11 PM ---Here is why you should keep me around...  How many of you have a clue as to who could be Dark Samus? 
What do you say?

--- End quote ---

Even if you had access to more information, and/or were better able to piece things together, we can't trust you. With your cover blown, it's only a matter of time before you are eliminated.

--- Quote from: nickmitch on March 29, 2020, 08:58:04 PM ---...
It's a Samus hit day, and Samus doesn't have any items because the first kill was the x-parasite. The only way Dark Samus could benefit is if Samus made a kill tonight and got a power-up.  Now, if Samus chooses not to make a hit (because B-Shy would rather not play anyway or would be willing to make a deal on the way out) then Dark Samus may not waste the hit on Samus.  The only gain for Dark Samus is the extra hit, which is valuable, but at the very least, it'd buy us some time before Dark Samus got too many power-ups.

--- End quote ---

It's a Samus hit day, so removing now Samus means one extra person (maybe good, maybe not... but odds are it would be a townie) stays alive until tomorrow if Samus gets voted out first.

Splitting power-ups between two people might not be a bad idea, but voting out someone who you know is going against you is almost always a better idea.

Finally, I submit that it's really key for the mafia to find and eliminate Dark Samus quickly - as that person is the biggest threat to their success.  Edit: I am guessing they know that, and that's why we've seen multiple early recons as they try to gather as much info as possible; but it's hard to say how long that patience will last, even if it is the best long-term approach.

However, IF people have a really good idea of who else to vote for then maybe this is a good situation for the Omega Pirate action to come into play? I'm not clear about the timing rules for night actions (if we kill someone who was going to kill someone else, do both kills still go through or does one get cancelled?) so this could be a bad idea.

My assumption is that all night kills still happen, so we're probably better off voting. Also, there is the worst case scenario where Omega Pirate gets voted out and then we kind of screw ourselves... so, yeah.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I can't be trusted because there really was going to be more discussion without me today.    :rolleyes:   Things would of went on like yesterday having no activity and limited votes and once again voting out a townie in a scramble unless old Mother Brain came through. But the question remains did they find anything else in their search and how they actually would of gotten that info to the thread without any protective measures?   

I am the biggest target because I made it that way and where do the townies/federation/ Bounty Hunters go after the main target is gone from the game?   

I'll leave the rest for Khushrenada to respond to.   

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote ---However, IF people have a really good idea of who else to vote for then maybe this is a good situation for the Omega Pirate action to come into play? I'm not clear about the timing rules for night actions (if we kill someone who was going to kill someone else, do both kills still go through or does one get cancelled?) so this could be a bad idea.

My assumption is that all night kills still happen, so we're probably better off voting. Also, there is the worst case scenario where Omega Pirate gets voted out and then we kind of screw ourselves... so, yeah.
--- End quote ---

Can you answer this for ejamer, Khushrenada?

BeautifulShy:
and with that I am off to bed. 

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on March 30, 2020, 12:39:53 AM ---
--- Quote ---However, IF people have a really good idea of who else to vote for then maybe this is a good situation for the Omega Pirate action to come into play? I'm not clear about the timing rules for night actions (if we kill someone who was going to kill someone else, do both kills still go through or does one get cancelled?) so this could be a bad idea.

--- End quote ---

Can you answer this for ejamer, Khushrenada?

--- End quote ---

If a player with night actions gets voted out in the day such as a Samus, Omega Pirate or Godfather then their hit action will not happen at night. Because they died in the day portion, I do not consider that player alive or active to participate at night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version