Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia 84:RE:CV Neighbor Wrapup thread and MVP Voting thread

<< < (11/13) > >>

ShyGuy:
Everybody took stupid pills this game and acted whacky! Why did Khushrenada and Mop it Up act so suspicious? How did Pokepal get so far?

Mop it up:
How was Khushrenada acting suspicious? To me he seemed like townie Khushrenada, which is why I never joined into those votes. Can Khushrenada do anything which isn't considered suspicious? Seems like no matter what he says or does, it's suspicious. What was actually suspicious was everyone's extreme focus on him, which mainly benefits Mafia since it allows for a good distraction as well as forcing him into starting townie votes and giving Mafia excuses to vote out townies.

How was I suspicious? It seems like I was pretty obviously a townie, looking at what other people thought, and also how I was attacked by the hit at one point.

Pokepal148 made it that far because he was a confirmed townie who the doctor was able to protect.

You're right about one thing though, a lot of people sure were wacky this game! I wish that could happen more often!

lolmonade:
So, just to weigh-in a little:

Khuhsrenada's consistently being in the crosshairs early-on definitely helped as it resulted in the alternative vote being a somewhat random choice instead.  Unfortunate stalemate, but in a way Khushrenada getting out of the game probably helped clear the logjam for townies so there wasn't such a specific target to start each day.   This is the first true error i'd attribute myself for agreeing to and joining in on that vote.  If we could have milked him as cover for a day or so more, it maybe would have helped clinch the win.  Khush also was the only one besides maybe Mop-it-up that had overt suspicion of me as a mafia, so who knows.

Second true error was on the day Luigi Dude was voted out, Insanolord & I could have gotten the vote switched to someone else and saved him.  Likely would have Outed us as mafia, but maybe the sparing one extra day of not being voted out would have been enough?  Tough to tell.

Us Wesker mafia had blunders of targeting Pokepal and then Mop-it-up on nights where it was most likely they'd be protected, losing two separate chances to whittle down numbers quickly was a huge loss.  Then being borg'd into the Ashford mafia threw everything out the window of how to approach things. 

Pokepal's hail mary plan was probably the best angle we had, but it was hamstrung by 1) me being busier than expected at work during the last day game, and 2) me having been relatively quiet through several days, making me tossing accusations and claims of knowledge around in the day thread more suspicious.  Sorry to Pokepal that I wasn't available to do the full court press, but I was probably also NOT the right partner for that strategy either, unfortunately.

Regardless, good game everyone.  Wish it would have resulted in a Mafia win instead, but ces la vie.  I like the game format though, the second mafia group really changes things up.

Mop it up:
Yeah lolmonade, I was thinking that if you had been more active throughout the game, the plan at the end to reach a quick majority might have worked, since we would have had less inconsistencies to point out. Nickmitch was active the whole game and made an investigation every night, so it was tough for you to say that's what you've been doing yet didn't post much nor join our votes in previous days.

lolmonade:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on January 25, 2020, 01:31:35 PM ---Yeah lolmonade, I was thinking that if you had been more active throughout the game, the plan at the end to reach a quick majority might have worked, since we would have had less inconsistencies to point out. Nickmitch was active the whole game and made an investigation every night, so it was tough for you to say that's what you've been doing yet didn't post much nor join our votes in previous days.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  I felt a bit off going with that gambit, but I don't think we had much leverage either way, so why not toss it in the air and see if it gets caught?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version