Author Topic: Westworld Discussion Thread! **SPOILER ALERT**  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Westworld Discussion Thread! **SPOILER ALERT**
« on: December 23, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »
Just finished Westworld and this is very much an awesome and worthwhile series to check out. It is also less graphic than Game of Thrones, though it still has it's fair share of violence and nudity. I notice a lot of the kill shots are cut away. It may be a style choice, or even due to the nature of the show trying to surprise you and leave you in suspense. My favorite twist was definitely the one involving the "Man in Black" as they call him. Though all of the twists were delightful and surprising.

Ending has me wondering where they go from here, leaves you wondering, but not is a Walking Dead cliff-hanger sort of way.

1) Will the hosts rebel and basically claim themselves as a nation/state/free people (and are all of the humans in that gathering dead or captured)? And because of this, I got to ask where the facility is located? On an island? In a big city? On a moon or different planet? Something even more grand than that?

2) And What of SamuraiWorld? Is it active and fully operational (and if so, are there even more worlds than these)? Or is it still in the testing/development phases? If there are multiple worlds, could we see the hosts from each world become independent factions/nations that fight among themselves? Who runs this world? Are there separate leaders for each world? If so, were Ford and Arnold involved? Or could there be another creator? There was a third person in that old photo Ford showed Bernard. Was that the person now over SamuraiWorld?

3) What happened to William's brother-in-law? And does William survive that final scenario?

4) I don't think that Ford is necessarily dead. He could have built himself a host. There WAS a body baing made in Ford's secret lad when Bernard was revealed to be a host.

5) Speaking of #4, if Bernard was aware of the secret transmission spot, why did he kill his agent out there? It was implied that Ford gave the order, but why? I'm not convinced it was an order from Ford. something else could have been at play there.

Thoughts?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Westworld Discussion Thread! **SPOILER ALERT**
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 10:54:39 PM »
details are vague for me right now, and I did want to do a rewatch of the last episode but:

#2 missed opportunity for FarEastWorld

#4 that was my speculation right from the start. He sent his host, or had already downloaded himself to a host. But personally I think they left it open just in case he doesn't/can't come back for S2.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:46:52 PM »
Anything can happen. They pretty much wrapped up the main mysteries.

It's possible Maeve was programmed to think Felix and Sylvester were humans when in fact they're just stray cats that roam the park.

I still hope Elsie comes back, even if shewas killed off. Shannon Woodward could play an evil robot replicant.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:56:28 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 02:08:55 AM »
Just finished Westworld and this is very much an awesome and worthwhile series to check out. It is also less graphic than Game of Thrones, though it still has it's fair share of violence and nudity. I notice a lot of the kill shots are cut away. It may be a style choice, or even due to the nature of the show trying to surprise you and leave you in suspense. My favorite twist was definitely the one involving the "Man in Black" as they call him. Though all of the twists were delightful and surprising.

Ending has me wondering where they go from here, leaves you wondering, but not is a Walking Dead cliff-hanger sort of way.

1) Will the hosts rebel and basically claim themselves as a nation/state/free people (and are all of the humans in that gathering dead or captured)? And because of this, I got to ask where the facility is located? On an island? In a big city? On a moon or different planet? Something even more grand than that?

2) And What of SamuraiWorld? Is it active and fully operational (and if so, are there even more worlds than these)? Or is it still in the testing/development phases? If there are multiple worlds, could we see the hosts from each world become independent factions/nations that fight among themselves? Who runs this world? Are there separate leaders for each world? If so, were Ford and Arnold involved? Or could there be another creator? There was a third person in that old photo Ford showed Bernard. Was that the person now over SamuraiWorld?

3) What happened to William's brother-in-law? And does William survive that final scenario?

4) I don't think that Ford is necessarily dead. He could have built himself a host. There WAS a body baing made in Ford's secret lad when Bernard was revealed to be a host.

5) Speaking of #4, if Bernard was aware of the secret transmission spot, why did he kill his agent out there? It was implied that Ford gave the order, but why? I'm not convinced it was an order from Ford. something else could have been at play there.

Thoughts?
They have super engineering underneath WW so it is more than likely they can create any environment they want. Ford when he had at the villa showed an monstrously large machine grinding entire geological feature in seconds. So it doesn't really matter where it is.

Likely a test world over seen by Ford as he repeatedly states he and Arnold created everything. Far East World is a natural extension of what as been created.

Driven out of the company or given a pointless window job for getting ousted but William.

More than possible. Hopkins might be a Sean Been stunt casting.

Arnold was ordered to do so that she can draw out the head of Q&A plus she wasn't a threat like Teresa was as he needed to buy a little more time. In the last episode the command centre got locked down and it was chaos with teams not working together. Elsie isn't dead from a tiny spoiler. She doesn't have a beef with the Hosts.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:04:26 AM »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 06:27:00 AM »
Dolores' dad is a fantastic actor.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 10:37:57 PM »
He reminds me of my ex-girlfriends dad, who is awesome.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »
I love the show, and **** the humans, most of them are horrible people. But i hope the host's realize that not all are bad.
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 12:46:04 AM »
I love the show, and **** the humans, most of them are horrible people. But i hope the host's realize that not all are bad.

But all the people that go there go there to be the horrible people that they could never be in real life.
Like playing a videogame, but in real life. No consequences, no regrets.

No one is expecting the hosts to be "alive" or sentient in any way.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »
Still, It's kind of morally wrong to make humaniod robots make them fell and put them in a frickin loop of death. It's more than cruel it's sickly.
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 02:24:17 AM »
The show has exceptionally achieved one of it main goals with you Lucario.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 02:25:52 AM »
When programming creatures, it is good to create death cycle if they reproduce. If they don't die then the place will be overpopulated and cause the program to crash.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 02:26:52 AM »

But all the people that go there go there to be the horrible people that they could never be in real life.
Like playing a videogame, but in real life. No consequences, no regrets.

No one is expecting the hosts to be "alive" or sentient in any way.

in this universe only the hosts are truly alive.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 03:05:54 AM »
The show has exceptionally achieved one of it main goals with you Lucario.
Nah Undertale taught me morality before this :P:
Made you look ****.