Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1166678 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1025 on: August 12, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
James Gunn speaks on the Gaurdians of the Galaxy sequel

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41888
minor spoilers (as in telling you it's not something you thought*), and some hints at what may be coming**.

*Who is Peter Quills Father?
** Thanos has more children... Nebula was the sweetest of the them.

Who could be Starlords father.... speculation that makes sense (after a brief explanation and wiki search) is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starhawk_(comics)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:57:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 12, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
J'son of Spartox.

http://marvel.wikia.com/J'son_(Earth-616)

My guess is is that the inhumans movies is will be followed that holiday season with a TV series called inhuman.

Speaking of which inhuman #3 comes out tommrow.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:48:46 PM by shingi_70 »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 12, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »
J'son of Spartox.

http://marvel.wikia.com/J'son_(Earth-616)

I take it you didn't get my post and didn't read the article, because that's exactly who he said it wasn't.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 12, 2014, 08:37:15 PM »
I didn't   :-[

Christina Hendricks would make a good Medusa and she could really fill in out.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 13, 2014, 12:38:48 AM »
I'm hoping Marvel decides to pull the corporate synergy and keep Starlord the son of J'son of Spartox.  Its far more interesting than him being the the son of a cosmic being

As for the Inhuman i'll wait till inhuman #3 is out later today to encapsulate my feelings toward it.

But as for your thoughts about directors and cast, well

Director: Neil Blomkamp
Black Bolt: Vin Diesel
Medusa: Chrisina Hendricks or Kelly Mcdonald
Crystal: Dakota Fanning
Karnak: ???
Maximus the Mad: David Tenant 
Lockjaw: Lockjaw the dog

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 13, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »
GotG Awesome Mix Vol 1 makes #1 on the Billboard charts.
http://www.thewrap.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-soundtrack-soars-to-no-1-on-billboard-200/

1st soundtrack to do so without an original song...
Looking forward to Awesome Mix vol 2 as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 14, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
Latino Review on some possible Ant-Man script news

http://www.latino-review.com/news/which-mcu-characters-might-we-see-in-marvels-ant-man

In earlier drafts of the script, Hank Pym in the first act prologue has a meeting at S.H.I.E.L.D and meets up with Howard Stark, Peggy Carter, Armin Zola, and here is a cool one...

...a young Alexander Pierce.

It was a pretty cool scene, and with the Agent Carter TV series around the corner, it's a clever way to tie in the TV show with the upcoming movie. Adam McKay did a pass on the script while Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari are currently on set doing production rewrites. My money says the scene is still in there and it wouldn't surprise me if we see a Young Alexander Pierce in Agent Carter first.

Oh, and this is starting filming here in San Francisco on Monday/tuesday... I'm gonna see if I can make it out there and hopefully get in a background shot as an extra or something.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
When do you think we may get a aos season 2, trailer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 18, 2014, 04:32:25 AM »
SDCC Avengers 2 Storyboard Trailer

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 18, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
Looks cool, I can't wait for the real thing to drop.

I can't find the lnk but what's your take on the getting rid of Origin stories for certain heroes starting with doc strange that's rumored?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 18, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »
I can't find the lnk but what's your take on the getting rid of Origin stories for certain heroes starting with doc strange that's rumored?
I hope so in general.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 18, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »
I hope so in general.

It depends on the property, the inhumans don't really need an Origin story as much as it needs a quick 10-15 minute set up and than some like crystal or Infenro as a POV character for the rest of the film.

Strange however needs some Origins to explain the mess marvel has made of MCU magic, and he's just such a niche character.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »
Looks cool, I can't wait for the real thing to drop.

I've seen it talked about just this morning, but I haven't seen the actual rumor yet. But I guess not everyone needs one.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 18, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
Dr. Strange is a weird one.  In Animations they love to have him be a pop-in character when he does show up.  In a way the mystery of the lack of origin could work in his favor as a character.  Especially if they make it so that its a puzzle of sorts.  All the tid-bits you need to piece his origin together are spread throughout the movie.  Not straight up told to you as a story but, with a little paying attention you could piece it together.  Much like how in Hellboy you learn about past missions by the banter.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 18, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
That could work but I always liked Strange's carrer fall from the man building himself up from a fall. It mostly depends on how Ant-man does at becoming the new Iron Man I guess.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 18, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
Yeah,
The origin story of Strange could be more interesting than Iron Man if done right.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/8/18/23096/production_begins_on_marvels_ant-man

seems like the scene with the Pyms, howard stark, agent carter, and Zola may come to frution

Iron Man 2 becomes retroactively better due to Avengers and Winter Solider,

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 18, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »
Re: Dr. Strange
Maybe it will be told through quick flashback in parallel with current events in the movie.

His current struggle mirrors his past struggle.
That's actually something I posted before, not particularly about this movie, but maybe. I don't remember when. I still haven't seen the rumor itself for exact wording, I've only seen people mention it in passing.
Does no one have a link?

Yeah,
The origin story of Strange could be more interesting than Iron Man if done right.

So he was an egotistical, alcoholic, top of his field surgeon that got in a car wreck and lost precise use of his fingers and that unshakable steadyness in his hands. Takes a sabbatical to the himalayas and falls in with a bunch of mystics monks in search of an "eastern cure" to his ailment, since western medicine couldn't help. He then not only learns this mystic art, but excells at it, befriending the master and besting the previous #1 prodigy, who then out of jealousy attempts to kill the master (?) before Strange intervenes, and only long enough to have the power of the master bestowed upon him to defeat the defector?

I'm pulling this from somewhere deep in my mind (I've never read a Strange comic, only saw the animated movie once a long time ago... I don't remember much from it).

So maybe his origin is done in the opposite of Cap America, where the montage in the opening. Have it all emotional like the GotG opening before cutting the the Studio logo and title card.
Handsome playboy surgeon at a part enjoying blow and hookers gets a call. He tries to blow it off, but the hospital needs him as he is the only surgeon available and they needed the best for the trauma that just came in.
you see him polish off his drink, snort one last line off the hookers stomach, and stumble slightly towards the door with jacket and keys in hand. He starts driving to the hospital, and it's a dark lightly rainy night with a full moon. He pulls up at the emergency entrance tossing his keys to a paramedic, telling him to park that somewhere, while he hurriedly shuffles in through the doors towards ER surgery area.
He starts his scrub and the nurse goes to put on his gloves, when she look at his wobbly demeanor and glassy eyes... "You're drunk right now aren't you!? she says.
Strange replies "Darlin.... I am A OK.... never been better...."
::cut to quick cuts of the operation, Strange wiping his brow as he sweats, blinking hard then being wide eyed as he tried to shake off the slight double vision. But her BP drops and keeps dropping till she flat lines... but regardless of what he tries he just can't save her.

Devastated by the loss, he is eager to get back to his party, so he hops in his car and starts driving back to his house, but then he sees some crazy ass **** that causes him to lose control and crash. He awakes in the hospital and when he sees the xray on the wall of 2 hands with shatters everywhere, he looks down at his bandaged hands and screams "NooooOOOOOoOoOOOOOOO!!!!!!" and that's when the marvel studio intro happens and then the title card.

::Cut to 2 years later in Tibet::
this is a terrible intro, and one that they wouldn't do, I just wanted to picture Strange taking on a little of that avoided Tony alcoholism. Start with a drunk asshole and turn this into a horror redemption story.

I actually think they should just do a cold horror intro like the cartoon. Then explain what was going on afterwards wit flash back to Strange's old life as a neurosurgeon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:32:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 18, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »
http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/8/18/23096/production_begins_on_marvels_ant-man

seems like the scene with the Pyms, howard stark, agent carter, and Zola may come to frution

Iron Man 2 becomes retroactively better due to Avengers and Winter Solider,

I was thinking of heading out to SF tomorrow to see if I can get in the background of whatever filming they are doing, or maybe as an extra for the day.

edit: Did you notice that T.I. (the rapper) is also in this movie!?
Marvel Studios began principal photography today in San Francisco, California, on its newest Super Hero franchise Marvel’s “Ant-Man.” The film brings one of Marvel comics’ original founding members of The Avengers into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The production also shoots on location in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production.

Set for release in the United States on July 17, 2015, the film is directed by Peyton Reed (“Bring it On,” “The Break-Up”) and stars Paul Rudd (“I Love You Man,” “Role Models”) as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, and Michael Douglas (“Behind The Candelabra,” “Wall Street”) as his mentor Dr. Hank Pym and Evangeline Lilly (“The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” “Lost”) as Hope Van Dyne, daughter of Hank Pym.

The film also includes outstanding additional cast including Corey Stoll (“House of Cards,” “The Bourne Legacy”), Bobby Cannavale (“Danny Collins,” “Annie,” “HBO’s “The Long Play”), Michael Peña (“End of Watch,” “American Hustle”), Abby Ryder Fortson (“Togetherness”), Judy Greer (“13 Going on 30,” “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”), David Dastmalchian (“The Dark Knight,” “Prisoners”), Wood Harris (“Remember the Titans,” “The Wire”), John Slattery (“Mad Men,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 2”) and Gregg Turkington (“The Comedy,” “On Cinema”) and multi-hyphenate T.I. (“American Gangster,” “Takers”).

Just knowing that Marvel is moving forward with this, and after seeing how well GotG came together, I'm not so worried about this film anymore.
I already know that it will get caught up in the post Age of Ultron HYPE-fever regardless of quality, but I assume at worse, it will still be a decent film that's enjoyable to the majority.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:32:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:06 PM »
"Capt. Marvel & Black Panther most requested characters " says Feige

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/08/18/captain-marvel-to-cameo-in-avengers-age-of-ultron-2201015?lt_source=external,manual,manual#bFYzWf
"Look, the more people complain about the lack of more female led superheroes. They'd have to be dumb not to listen. And like I've said on the site before. I know... in The Avengers (Age of Ultron) script that I've seen. Captain Marvel is in the script, she has a cameo in the script. Ah, I assume that's because they are setting her up for a phase 3 or phase 4 movie. Why they are being so quiet about it? I don't know. That's the kind of thing that I normally don't report. But because the clamor for a female superhero is so strong I feel like...She's there. They are setting up the tee. This is being teed up. I'm not sure why they are hiding it from you, but it's being teed up. So you know, have a little bit of patience."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:40:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 19, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »
Feige better show the receipts next year for Carol. As per a Origin I could see them skipping it for her and keep it away from cosmic marvel.

Doc Strange just needs to take alot from the Ditko take on him and look trippy as hell.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 19, 2014, 11:52:03 AM »
http://www.slashfilm.com/photo-paul-rudd-ant-man/

I might be headed out there later this afternoon just to see what I see.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 19, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Adrianne Palicki is going to be the MCU Mockingbird and will make her debut on the fifth episodie of the new season.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/19/adrianne-palicki-to-play-mockingbird-on-agents-of-shield/
At[/size] [/size]Comic-Con International 2014[/size], it was revealed that[/size] [/size][/color]Marvel Television[/font][/size] [/size]intended to[/size] [/size][/color]introduce Mockingbird to the Marvel Cinematic Universe via "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."[/font][/size] [/size]On Tuesday,[/size][/color]The Hollywood Reporter[/font][/size] [/size]revealed that Marvel has cast "Friday Night Lights" and "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actress[/size] [/size][/color]Adrianne Palicki[/font][/size] [/size]in the role of Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird, who is slated to appear in the second season's fifth episode.[/size]Palicki is no stranger to the world of comic book adaptations, having not only played Lady Jaye in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," but also Wonder Woman in the David E. Kelley "Wonder Woman" pilot. The actress also starred as Tyra Collette in the critically acclaimed "Friday Night Lights" [/color][size=inherit][/color]television[/size][/url][/color][/font][/size] series. The actress has also appeared in "Robot Chicken," "About a Boy" "Supernatural" and Warner Bros. "Aquaman" pilot.
The casting of Mockingbird follows several other high-profile "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season two additions, including [/color]Kyle McLaughlin as Skye's father and Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, as well as Lucy Lawless in a mystery role. The upcoming season will see the team from season one rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D. after the events of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" as Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) steps up as the new director of the world peacekeeping organization.[/size]"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns September 23 on ABC.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »
Pym's Daughter everyone:

She got that Janet haircut... probably gonna wear that Wasp outfit too.