Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1167077 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1000 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
That's an awful GIF.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 11, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »
Its from tumblr, they have limits making for shitty gifs.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 11, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »
Yeah, I figured that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 11, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »
Guardians has a pretty great second weekend (~$41 million domestic - $175 million total domestic now), but TMNT wins (~$65 million domestic).
That surprises me.  The theater I went to everyone was going to see GotG or 100 foot journey.  There was only 57 people in my showing of TMNT and it had few showing.  I was about 5 minutes late and got prime middle seats.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 11, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »
Guardians has a pretty great second weekend (~$41 million domestic - $175 million total domestic now), but TMNT wins (~$65 million domestic).
That surprises me.  The theater I went to everyone was going to see GotG or 100 foot journey.  There was only 57 people in my showing of TMNT and it had few showing.  I was about 5 minutes late and got prime middle seats.

Dunno man, TMNT has the nostalgia factor, and the current cartoon is massively popular with the kid folk.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 11, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »
Dunno man, TMNT has the nostalgia factor, and the current cartoon is massively popular with the kid folk.
But the PR was sooooo Terrible for it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 11, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »
But the PR was sooooo Terrible for it.

how so? beyond internet places people seemed to be exicted for the movie. The trailer got audible favorable response when it played before transformers, and the merchandise for the movie has been selling out quickly at the big box i work at.

All of the complaints and bad so called bad PR are all the same things people complain about transformers and the GI Joe films.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 11, 2014, 04:03:23 PM »
I'm writing for todays #'s to see if GotG is gonna have the legs to continue outpacing TWS and pass $200M before this weekend starts. (It took TWS till it's 3rd Sunday).
I had originally predicted it would have a bigger 2nd weekend, but TMNT overperformed (50% above) estimates, which cut into GotG HYPE, so now instead of crossing $200M on Wed, it might take till Fri night.
Have to see how this Monday goes before I adjust that.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 11, 2014, 06:45:01 PM »
I hope next year or whenever we get the next slate of films both Marvel and DC announce one with a female or Minority lead. I guess technically Shazam is a minotry led film when you think about it.

Anywho I want to see Cap Marvel & Blade, with Wonder Woman & one of the minority GL's.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 11, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »
Marvel has a script for Captain Marvel, Blade, Inhumans, and a few others we probably haven't heard about yet.

no idea which ones get chosen first though, although I bet Capt. Marvel is up to bat soon.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 11, 2014, 08:11:34 PM »
My guess if we get MCU blade its going to be a TV series similar to the netflix stuff, does Disney own a cable channel similar to FX?.

I'm guessing Inhumans and Cap Marvel next since Inhumans can  be put nearly everywhere and Cap Marvel is being positioned as Marvel's wonder woman.

Will be cool if we get both a Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman film in 2017. That's under the assumption DC gets its head out its ass first.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1011 on: August 11, 2014, 11:46:45 PM »
I think Marvel would want to get out a Ms/Captain Marvel movie out and announced before DC.

The whole joke about DC saying that a Wonder Woman movie wouldn't work while Marvel puts out a movie with a talking raccoon is gonna wear thin when people realize that Marvel would rather make a movie starring a talking raccoon before one with a female lead.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 12, 2014, 12:42:50 AM »
I think Marvel would want to get out a Ms/Captain Marvel movie out and announced before DC.

The whole joke about DC saying that a Wonder Woman movie wouldn't work while Marvel puts out a movie with a talking raccoon is gonna wear thin when people realize that Marvel would rather make a movie starring a talking raccoon before one with a female lead.

It won't, in most topics about that Marvel gets a ton of defense since they have built a ton of good will. People will iterally eat Feige's words (look at how Ant-man controversy has gone away), yet when DC says the same thing about wonder woman they're evil and don't know what they're doing. (which has a ton of merit).

Like I said don't be surprised if we get the announcement of Cap Marvel and Wonder Woman for 2017 at next years comic-con. Main problem is that until recently both of them have been characters that despite being long lived with mutiple solos were best known in team book and having sucky rouges.

DC has tried to make most of Diana's's rouges somehow attached to the gods and her current book is all gods all the time, with the exception of Giganta and Dr.pyscho. Carol despite having two solid runs as Cap M also has the problem of not being that memorable in the story department.

Though sometimes its hard reconciling the need for diversity versus the characters you really want to see. As a black guy I want to see more color on the screen but I'd be lieing if I said Black Panther was at the top of my list of marvel characters.

But than again you have to blame the outlets, take DC on the CW they have two shows launching in the next TV season. The Flash is getting rave reviews and a giant push, yet I,zombie the female led series by the veronica Mars guy hasn't gotten a push. Now that could just be the fact that they pushed I,zombie to launch in 2015 since reign and the 100 both female led shows got huge pushes.

Will be interesting to see how Agent Carter and I,zombie do next year compared to the rest of the comic book shows .

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 12, 2014, 01:04:21 AM »
Actually Fiege is getting beat over the head with the question of "where is the female superhero movie!?".

Regardless of the fact that neither DC, Fox or Sony (who have all been doing comic book movies for at least decade... several in DC's case), haven't made a Female Superhero movie in longer than Marvel Studios had been making movies.
I know Marvel is King right now, so the spotlight is on them to make **** happen, but it's literally been 6 years since they released their first movie and now they have the majority of the vocal female audience pushing for a Female led movie regardless of the fact that Marvel has a sort of plan in place that may have a few surprises we all want, but they aren't ready to announce for strategic reasons... we have to hear about it NOW.

I'm almost willing to bet Capt. Marvel is coming in some form or another and Black Panther is queued up and waiting in the wings as well.
It's good that everyone let's Marvel know there an audience for the movie, but they can be more vocal about it than just to Marvel (unless marvel is the only one they think will deliver the goods).

I also found out today that the script for GotG was put into play before The Avengers was a wrap, and it was from that script that they decided to include Thanos in The Avengers.

So I think it's gonna happen, but don't expect it be announced until after AoU next year. maybe @ SDCC 2015.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 12, 2014, 07:53:21 AM »
Well people have been vocal to DC since probably the Dark knight and how Wonder Woman has been in development hell in the TV space, people were hella pissed about Amazon being canned in favor of the flash.

No one sort of expects fox to do any non wolverine solo films, but they've shown intrest in making a Mystique solo film to captialize on Jlaw and she played a pretty prominent role in both films. (now if thats a good or bad thing thats up to you.)

I recall the OG avangers script was supposed to have the wasp, but he took her out because Wright was going to use her. (ugh)

Oh I don't doubt Marvel not having a plan of some sort, but in

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 12, 2014, 12:19:20 PM »
Sorry if my rant seemed a little random, it was basically leftover thoughts on the same topic elsewhere where Marvel was specifically and repeatedly being the only one called out for not having a solo Female Superhero.

And knowing that Wasp, who was originally going be in Whedons Avengers was removed because of Wright's Ant-Man, which was supposed to be phase 2 movie at the latest is a main reason why we haven't seen a super powered female in a Marvel movie (outside of GotG).

Oh, and Fox had originally planned for a solo Storm movie, but I guess they get a pass on it because everyone knows it would have been terrible, going by how they treated the Wolverine one. A Mystique focused X movie might happen, but I'm not sure anyone really wants it. What we want from fox is Deadpool, and more X-team movies that don't revolve around Wolverine.... I would also love a Multiple Man movie. please and thank you.

Sony reacted to all this outcry, and decided to change "plans" and add a Female hero to their spider-verse, but have only just now begun to write the script for it... So who knows if that will even work out how they wanted, or even get made.

I'm actually hoping that now that DC has made up their mind that there will be a DCMU & a separate DCTVU, that the Amazon show they had all ready to go, gets put on the Fall schedule for next year, like The Flash was for this Fall schedule. It sounded promising, and I think it was also done by the same people that did Arrow. it was supposed to happen with the debut of Arrow season2 like The Flash is happening with Arrow s3.

And it's ignored that Marvel is still ramping up. Having only been releasing movies for 6 years and just spread into TV last year, they have Agent Carter and Jessica Jones on the way. Not to mention that Daredevil is likely to have Elektra at some point.

Age of Ultron is rumored have Captain Marvel & Guardians had Nebula and Gamora. Granted those aren't solo movies, but it's not like females were forgotten, they are just now in the stage of branching out.

Black Widow almost had a solo, but she instead got role her expanded in TWS while they moved ahead with GotG script from same writer, as Guardians offered more to the MCU than another spy thriller starring SHIELD level threats.

so basically my whole point was event though I know Marvel is TOP DAWG in comic movies right now with 10 for the most part wildly successful movies in 6 years, and are the best hope at making a successful female superhero franchise happen, They only just got started and are still ramping up.
If anything, all these critics should be asking the other studios that have been at it longer (5x longer in DC's case) why they haven't launched a successful female character yet? or atleast in the last decade, and what are their plans not let the new comer continue to run the show? Marvel shouldn't be the only one name dropped.

We know DC has a Wonder Woman movie planned, but talk is cheap. They cancelled the TV show after the pilot, cancelled the CW show before a pilot, and haven't been able to put together a decent or successful mainstream superhero movie without Batman in it in decades (Superman Returns, Batman & Robin, Batman Forever, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Watchmen, Catwoman, and any other failures I can't think of right now).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:36:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 12, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »
Fox had a whole slew of solo films in the works, but Wolverine Origins was terrible so deadpool got put on hold, and Magneto got turned into first class.

Getting Amazon or something Wonder Woman related would be awesome, but i'm pretty sure the rule is no big three proper on Earth-2. (TV universe). My guess is if they're going to try a spin off its going to be Suicide Squad or bringing in a new female hero.

I wouldn't say its ignored that Marvel is ramping up for phase III, moreso people are pretty cynical about Marvel's solo females without the xmen. DC tends to have far more stronger and more independent femlae characters than Marvel does. 

Looking forward to Agent Carter its probably the show i'm most intrigued about for the 2015 season.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:54 PM »
Not overly fond of the Captain Marvel name.  At this point its so muddled and so close to Captain America that for branding purposes its not a lot of use. 

Though I do like the Ms.Marvel name well enough.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 12, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »
I'd say having the world Marvel in her name is great for branding purposes. Plus she's already started to get a rabid fanbase under that name and is being potioned as Marvel's wonder woman. I find alot of people who aren't fans of the current wonder woman book are into Cap Marvel's current book.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 12, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »
At this point though I feel like the name in and of itself should be retired.  I don't know much about the current iteration of the character itself to be honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: August 12, 2014, 01:34:44 PM »
Problem with "Ms. Marvel" is that you potentially turn away the young male audience with the name.

And people are aware that Marvel is moving into phase 3, what they are cynical about is if they are going to put out a Female (or ethic) centric movie in the White male saves the day club.

We know Black Panther is about happen, we know Captain Marvel is likely happen, we know some form of Wasp is likely happen, that's all Earth based and potentially all in phase 3. I'm not even sure if the cosmic doors GotG just opened as far as Female (& ethnic) characters.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 12, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
Marvel doesn't have any cosmic based female heroes that could hold a film by themselves other than Captain Marvel, Smasher who can't be used due to fox owning the Sh'ar empire, and fucking Jean grey. I guess you could count Angela but she hasn't even had book yet.

The major problem you get with Cosmic character's is you get the MM syndrome, where Martian Manhunter is a green alien form outer space but counts as the black guys since in most of his media he's black in his secret identity. Its the same reason why most people are hoping Lupita isn't an alien in episode VII.

I don't think Ms.marvel would turn away a male audience as much as a film called wonder woman would, though knowing Warner bros it could be called Diana of Themyserica or something.

Also take to the note, that I'm not the biggest fan of Black Panther. Dude's whole stick is that he's a bigger mary sue than Batman and doomed combined, though most of my dislike comes of how people try to prop him up as being much more awesome than he is. Its my same problem with dudes like Dick Rider Nova.

Once DC reveals their slate i'll savage them if its just Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam, but even that would be doing much better than Marvel is.

But honestly if we see more of Rhodey and Sam i'll be pretty fine.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 12, 2014, 02:45:03 PM »
I said potentially turn off the young male audience, but personally I think the Marvel Studios logo well sell it to everyone, bringing out a even larger percentage of females than usual, especially since #itsallconnected

But how is that schedule doing better than Marvel?
They can announce it, but they have yet to prove they can make work. We know what to reasonably expect from a Marvel movie, but DC doesn't have the vest track record at this point, so I reserve all judgment till I see what they produce first.
Besides Marvel has Ant-Man and Dr Strange incoming.
CM & BP possibly making appearances if not also getting movies, and whatever is planned to expand the Cosmic side of the MCU.
Unless you just meant for ethnicity and not having an all white male super heroes squad. But like you said, we have War Machine and Falcon in the crew now.

If that's the case, we aren't quite sure who is going be Dr Strange, but besides Joaquin Phoenix, I believe Oded Fehr  has been tossed around.
And if they blew this whole Inhuman thing wide open... the sky is the limit that point. Maybe Kamala Khan will come in as Kid Marvel aiming that tween Disney XD crowd. But that is getting way ahead of where we are now... I think.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:46:39 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 12, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
Kamlea Kahn is much more 16-25 aged. She's pretty much the average tumble user given powers.

As per better u meant in regards to race and minority descent. Sghazam, wonder woman, and aquaman would all have minority  leads.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 12, 2014, 04:05:35 PM »
And INHUMANS is moving forward out of the Writers program....

http://collider.com/the-inhumans-movie-joe-robert-cole-script/
Marvel Moving Forward on THE INHUMANS Movie; Screenplay by Joe Robert Cole

The other day, Vin Diesel dropped a hint about being part of The Inhumans, and it turns out he wasn’t just blowing smoke.  The studio is happy with the existing script by Joe Robert Cole, and now the next logical step is to take it out to filmmakers.  Hit the jump for more.
inhumans-comic-book-coverAccording to our sources, Marvel plans to handle The Inhumans in the same way they handled Guardians of the Galaxy.  For those who don’t know, the original draft of Guardians was written by Nicole Perlman, who was part of Marvel’s writing program.  That draft then went out to filmmakers.  When James Gunn came on board, he added his flavor and details to the story, but the characters, story structure, and beats from Perlman’s draft remained in place.  As Adam explained in his recent editorial, directors are brought on board to execute a specific vision.
Cole also came out of Marvel’s writing program, and the studio is pleased with his script, so now they’re presumably ready to take it out to filmmakers.  We can also assume that since Guardians was a success, the studio is willing to bring on a director with a unique voice like Gunn.  He didn’t upend the Marvel formula, but his personality flows through the picture.  He was in tune with a group of oddball outsiders, and that made him the best man for the job.
So who’s the best choice for The Inhumans?  Briefly, the Inhumans were created by alien experiments on primitive homo-sapiens.  The alien race behind the experiments, the Kree, abandoned their work and the Inhumans went on to form a society of their own, which is led by the king Black Bolt and his family Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal, Maximus the Mad, and the canine Lockjaw.

So, that opens the door for a whole lot of "mutants" to start popping up in MCU.
not limited to but including Khamala Khan.

we probably won't see this one till 2017 at the earliest though as it's just getting to the Script revision stage, like James Gunn did to the GotG script.

they also report that this movie will fall on the existing released schedule, so now it's time to go back and see who originally had Inhumans on their schedule. ;)

edit:
So besides trying to figure out where on the schedule this will land... (Nov. 3rd 2017?)
How about we try to predict actors for the roles and if you're good enough, a good fit for the Director as well.

I don't know too much about the characters, but we can for now assume Vin Diesel will play someone...
Black Bolt: Vin Diesel (Goes from a character with 1 line spoken 100 times, to a character with 1 line period)

and all I know is that Medusa is a red head... so
Medusa: Christina Hendricks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:05:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »