Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165099 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I know she does hexes which messes with the probability of things.

Quote from: marvel.com
The Scarlet Witch can tap into mystic energy for reality-altering effects; this power was formerly limited to the creation of "hex-spheres" of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force to cause molecular disturbances in a target's probability field, resulting in spontaneous combustion, deflection of objects in flight, and so on. She later became able to alter reality on a far greater scale, creating entire armies of enemies from nowhere. Although the Scarlet Witch has been trained in basic sorcery techniques, she lacks the specialized mystic training required to fully control her power.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Scarlet_Witch_(Wanda_Maximoff)#ixzz38P2J5zXf

So she could make it so that Hawkeye can never hit his target, and that Thor would accidentally hit himself in the face with his own hammer. That Ironman's power would fail at a crucial moment or that Quicksilver would trip on something while attempting run full speed.

Her exact movie powers aren't exactly defined, but look to be telekenisis or maybe being able to create & control things with her mind...?

Sounds like Dr. Strange might be a good place to look for her next appearance.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:15:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Comicon is underway. Look at these Hot Toys figures for GotG

also with a video showing the Hot Toys for Maleficent, GotG, Thor & Loki

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
**** Yeah Stingers

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
How 'bout the power of flight. Does that do anything for ya? That's levitation, Holmes.  How about the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away...with MIND BULLETS! That's telekinesis, Kyle. How 'bout the power...to move you.

Oh wait, Scarlet Witch...I thought you said Wonder Boy.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Look's like they're 4 more posters to be released.

My guess is Thor, Hulk, Quicksilver, and The Vision. Was hoping we'd get Iron Patriot and Falcon as well.

It seems like where going to get a cross over between age of Ulton and Agents of Shield.
But when we last tuned into TV’s take on the Marvel-verse, Nick Fury (Hey, Samuel L. Jackson!) resurfaced[/size] [/color][/size]sans[/color][/size] [/color][/size]eyepatch to name Phil Coulson the new director of the shattered S.H.I.E.L.D. In doing so, was a baton passed in more ways than one? Is it now incumbent on[/color][/size] [/color][/size]Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.[/color][/size] [/color][/size]to move the narrative to a certain place before[/color][/size] [/color][/size]The Avengers: Age of Ultron[/color][/size] [/color][/size]storms the Cineplex on May 1, 2015 — right at the start of TV’s sweeps period, natch?[/color][/size]And might said destination have to fall shy of Coulson successfully rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D., given recent hints about where Age of Ultron picks things up with Tony Stark, Black Widow et al?[/size]

https://tvline.com/2014/07/24/agents-of-shield-season-2-avengers-age-of-ultron/

I'm hoping that the first half of the season has a set story arc and doesn't flounder like the first half of season 1. Also it seems like Agents of Shield won't end until late may early june thanks to Agent Carter meaning the AOU tie in may be bigger than we thought. My guess is the first half of the season will introduce the Inhumans, as well as the high evolutionary. So buy the time Ultron attacks the AOS crew will have a number of more powered allies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
you need to learn to work around the forums problem with copy/paste.

So I have done a *SPECIAL* How To - Just for you :D

Oh, and it looks like Hawkeye is in the bottom right corner as you can see his arrow crossing over into Scarlett Witch Picture.
Thor is top center. Hulk is top Right. Quicksilver is top left.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:10:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Question about Cap 2

are there any Infinity Gems in the movie? I clearly see the Space Gem in the GOTG trailer but I didn't see cap 2 yet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Question about Cap 2

are there any Infinity Gems in the movie? I clearly see the Space Gem in the GOTG trailer but I didn't see cap 2 yet.

I don't believe so. But there was in Cap 1. Thor 2 & The Avengers. w/ GotG = 4
Speculation is that there will likely be one in Dr. Strange, and maybe another in a future "cosmic" movie (Thor 3, GotG 2, Nova, Capt. Marvel?)

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
3, the same one was in both Cap 1 and Avengers 1. I would think they would need all of them to move foreword by next summer. I know he's not the main bad guy but still.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:02:25 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Are we sure that Loki's staff isn't the reality stone

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Are we sure that Loki's staff isn't the reality stone

Yes that's the one I was counting from The Avengers. that makes 4. It is now in the hands of HYDRA.

HAIL HYDRA

Cap 1 = The Tesseract = Space in Odin's Vault on Asgard?
The Avengers = Loki's Staff in possession of HYDRA
Thor 2 = The Aether = Reality? in possession of The Collector
GotG = The Purple Orb = Power

3 down. 1 incoming. 2 3 more to go.

edit: Minor GotG spoiler regarding the gems....
Loki's staff was not an Infinity Gem/Stone. This somehow gets revealed in the movie, and all 6 stones will have a different color. so Nile Boogie was correct after all.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:58:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
3, the same one was in both Cap 1 and Avengers 1. I would think they would need all of them to move foreword by next summer. I know he's not the main bad guy but still.

They won't need all of them till Avengers 3 when Thanos brings the Infinity Guantlet to Earth.
A3 isn't happening till May of either 2018 or 2019 depending on how that release schedule Marvel put out plays out.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I assumed that Loki's staff was going to be the explanation of how the twins got their powers without the terrgian mists. I'm assuming that's going to be apart of the AOS tie in[/spoilers]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
*speculation*
It still can be, it just isn't an infinity stone. And maybe the Terrigen Mist is represented through that magically imbued Terrigen Crystal on Loki's staff. It works like the opposite of Kryptonite in the MCU when an inhumans is exposed to it.
*/speculation*

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
Loki staff had the power the teserac which is the mind gem which explains that.

The red aether from Thor 2 is the power gem

Purple has traditionally been the space gem, which makes  sense considering.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Look's like they're 4 more posters to be released.

My guess is Thor, Hulk, Quicksilver, and The Vision. Was hoping we'd get Iron Patriot and Falcon as well.

I see Thor's Hammer left of Widow and Hulk's arm to right. The Ultron's below Widow are getting shot with arrows, so there is Hawkeye. One more I'm guessing Quicksilver in the upper left.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
that's what I said :)

Oh, and it looks like Hawkeye is in the bottom right corner as you can see his arrow crossing over into Scarlett Witch Picture.
Thor is top center. Hulk is top Right. Quicksilver is top left.

I bet they release 2 more posters tomorrow, and then the final 2 on saturday.

I'm gonna guess that next will be Hawkeye and Thor.
and Hulk & Quicksilver will be saved for last.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
How are they getting Quicksilver when he was in X-Men? Did Marvel and Fox come to some arrangement to allow the crossover or will we be seeing a non-Bacon Burger Quicksilver this time around?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
IGN reviewed GotG - 9.2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/guardians-of-the-galaxy-review

And it's a different actor playing Quicksliver (and technically a different Quicksilver). If Marvel ever does get X-Men back, or even if not, then they need to have Ian McKellan (who is the real Magneto in real life) shown as their father.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:32:26 PM by Brandogg »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
By the time Marvel gets X-Men back, Ian Mckellan's real children will be old enough to have had their own children, who are now old enough to play Ian Mckellan in a documentary about what he did today.

How are they getting Quicksilver when he was in X-Men? Did Marvel and Fox come to some arrangement to allow the crossover or will we be seeing a non-Bacon Burger Quicksilver this time around?

There was a licensing thing where since the Maximoff twins were originally Avengers long before they became mutants and involved with the X-Men, that Marvel can still use them as long as they don't refer to them as mutants, and never mention that they are fathered by Magneto, another mutant, as Fox owns all rights to anything mutant in the MCU.
Fox on the other hand can also use them, but can never mention anything regarding The Avengers.

Marvel and Fox are not on good terms at the moment, and there will likely NEVER be a crossover between the two camps movies.
Beef supposedly started over use of Galactus and Silver Surfer, and now Marvel has supposedly retaliated by not producing (or cutting back on) any toys or comics related to the two properties that Fox is in control of. X-Men and Fantastic 4.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:07:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Actually, both Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver premiered in X-Men #4 as members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

They would both later join the Avengers, the former eventually doing some . . . disassembling.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I personally prefer the Scarlet Witch's powers to be probability Manipulation.  I think in some continuum she also has mystical powers beyond that and even mastery.  If this was AD&D she be a Sorceress not a Wizard.  I think the Mystical powers mess up an interesting character.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So i'll probably rewatch the MCU come September but I think I can say my favorite two movies are The First Avenger and Winter Soldier.

But talking MCU no seems to talk about how great the charcater theme's and end credit titles are hen a movie has the.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
It was cool hearing the riff and drums at the end of Iron Man, but obviously no lyrics since the song has nothing to do with the character (though I think they mention that it's Tony Stark's favorite song somewhere, and he wears a Black Sabbath shirt in The Avengers).

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Well every Iron Man appearance in the MCU has at least one scene with hard rock barring Iron Man 3 which makes the film much worse imo. (though I suppose Blue is just as good.)